Teacher training mortgage question
Discussion
My partner and I have saved a deposit for our first home what we plan to buy this year.
We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 16:35
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 21:53
Jordan210 said:
My partner and I have saved a deposit for our first home what we plan to buy this year.
We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
Once she has a formal job offer and a signed contract there are lenders who will consider you (and use the income you will be earning, up to three months before the start date, meaning no pay slips required..........We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 16:35
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 21:53
Sarnie said:
Jordan210 said:
My partner and I have saved a deposit for our first home what we plan to buy this year.
We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
Once she has a formal job offer and a signed contract there are lenders who will consider you (and use the income you will be earning, up to three months before the start date, meaning no pay slips required..........We have just over 10% hopefully can save a bit more in the coming months.
My question is. She is currently on the schools direct program. Where she is being paid to become a teacher. Her salary isn’t huge atm but more than it was when she was a teaching assistant. She has been working at the school for nearly 3 years now.
Would it be worth talking to a mortgage advisor and apply for a mortgage now or wait till she has been given a written offer for a job or wait till after she starts in September ?
As im not sure if she would earn enough at the moment to lend us the amount we would need. (I did read for a mortgage you have to submit 3 months payslips ?) so this might have answered my question
she has been asked to apply for a job opening.
Thanks
Jordan
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 16:35
Edited by Jordan210 on Tuesday 20th January 21:53
we got a mortgage a few years back on the basis of my missus' signed teacher contract. No problems at all.Sarnie said:
Once she has a formal job offer and a signed contract there are lenders who will consider you (and use the income you will be earning, up to three months before the start date, meaning no pay slips required..........
Thanks for the help. That's great news for us
. I see you are a broker might give you a email in the coming months if that's ok ?Gassing Station | Finance | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


