Discount to expect when trading-selling Vantage 4.7
Discount to expect when trading-selling Vantage 4.7
Author
Discussion

FFM

Original Poster:

395 posts

131 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
Hi AM owners,

I am considering upgrading my '09 Vantage 4.7 to another car (V12V or F430) and was wondering how much discount I should expect in case I'll decide to sell or trade (through an independent specialist, official dealer etc.) compared to other similarly specc'ed cars' asking px

The car is in a very elegant Silver exterior/Blue interior combo with manual and sports-pack spec. In addition, it has sat-nav, front/rear parking sensors, navtrack, memory-seats, blutooth, cruise control etc.
Car has 23k miles and still has a 5-month balance of AM premium warranty. Car was bought in May'15 from Official AM Dealer (so full AM history and stamps).

Looking at the adverts a dealer/specialist asking is around £49-50k

Should I re-sell privately or through any other ways (any advice is welcome!)

Thanks a lot,
F



justin220

5,754 posts

234 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
I would imagine you'll be offered around 42-45k trade in, going by when I px'd my 2010 4.7 (less miles) not that long ago. Mine didn't need anything done (or so I thought) but I heard it had some paint refreshed and brakes renewed

Dealers seem to build in 6k roughly IME

Wilmslowboy

4,772 posts

236 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
As suggested above, £6k is the margin the dealer will want (10% after VAT) after all prep costs (this includes 3rd party warranty, collection, paint refresh, new tyres, Mot etc if needed)- This is for a straight buy from you, in the case of trade in, it becomes all tied up with the profit they have in the new car.

Good luck selling it privately ...in my experience, private buyers want absolute bargains so assuming your car retails for £49k, the private bids will be in the early £40's pretty much what an easy straight sale to a specialist dealer would be. (You might get an exceptional private buyer that is willing to split the difference.

I advertised my wife 2012 cayenne at £33,9950 - couple private emails offering £30k , three trade bids - at between £32,000 and £32,400 (for a car that would indie retail at about £37k)
Same story with her previous car - Discovery 4 - I sold to trader for £2.5k more than a private (PH member) was adamant that it was worth biggrin

petop

2,408 posts

196 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
Your in a bit of a quandry. Go for private and hold out for a good price. But in doing that i can see those V12V's going up and certainly not in the near future ever going down. Go for a F430 and i think they are steady with a possible slight fall but not much.
Best bet would be part-ex but accept that most dealers wont give you much but combat that with "extras" where you can. As we know AM dealers dont like negotiating when it comes to sale price.

But as a fellow 4.7 owner, keep it and tell yourself that it will be worth 3 times as much in 10 years time!

FFM

Original Poster:

395 posts

131 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
petop said:
Your in a bit of a quandry. Go for private and hold out for a good price. But in doing that i can see those V12V's going up and certainly not in the near future ever going down. Go for a F430 and i think they are steady with a possible slight fall but not much.
Best bet would be part-ex but accept that most dealers wont give you much but combat that with "extras" where you can. As we know AM dealers dont like negotiating when it comes to sale price.

But as a fellow 4.7 owner, keep it and tell yourself that it will be worth 3 times as much in 10 years time!
I am also considering in keeping it as you suggested, the problem is the high price of garages in London for keeping the additional car!

Thanks for the insights guys! I think offering the AM premium warranty is something appealing for the next owner if I am going to sell it privately, don't you think?

In that case, the trade off is: selling in winter times with still a decent warranty balance Vs. wait until May when seasonality drive prices higher but no warranty balance left to offer?

AOK

2,301 posts

196 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
FFM said:
I am also considering in keeping it as you suggested, the problem is the high price of garages in London for keeping the additional car!

Thanks for the insights guys! I think offering the AM premium warranty is something appealing for the next owner if I am going to sell it privately, don't you think?

In that case, the trade off is: selling in winter times with still a decent warranty balance Vs. wait until May when seasonality drive prices higher but no warranty balance left to offer?
Assuming you're in London, I may have a very good suggestion which would work quite well for you. Happy to divulge, but looks like you don't accept direct messages. Perhaps you could DM me your email address or telephone number?

FFM

Original Poster:

395 posts

131 months

Sunday 17th January 2016
quotequote all
AOK said:
Assuming you're in London, I may have a very good suggestion which would work quite well for you. Happy to divulge, but looks like you don't accept direct messages. Perhaps you could DM me your email address or telephone number?
Hi AOK, yes exactly I am live London.
Thanks for letting me know, I just updated the PM option, it should work now!


AOK

2,301 posts

196 months

Monday 18th January 2016
quotequote all
FFM said:
Hi AOK, yes exactly I am live London.
Thanks for letting me know, I just updated the PM option, it should work now!
Hi FFM, just sent you a message although fear it may have not reached you as I never received a copy. If you haven't received it, just drop me a PM and I'll email you direct.

Cheers

FFM

Original Poster:

395 posts

131 months

Monday 18th January 2016
quotequote all
AOK said:
Hi FFM, just sent you a message although fear it may have not reached you as I never received a copy. If you haven't received it, just drop me a PM and I'll email you direct.

Cheers
Tried to send you an email-me message as well, I haven't received yours yet

Thank you
F

AOK

2,301 posts

196 months

Monday 18th January 2016
quotequote all
FFM said:
Tried to send you an email-me message as well, I haven't received yours yet

Thank you
F
Sadly, nothing received! Perhaps there is an issue. There is a link to a website I own (unrelated) in my profile, please feel free to send me a message through that?

AOK

FFM

Original Poster:

395 posts

131 months

Tuesday 19th January 2016
quotequote all
AOK said:
Sadly, nothing received! Perhaps there is an issue. There is a link to a website I own (unrelated) in my profile, please feel free to send me a message through that?

AOK
Thank you, just done. Not the first time I tried to email someone from here unsuccessfully, strange

AOK

2,301 posts

196 months

Tuesday 19th January 2016
quotequote all
FFM said:
Thank you, just done. Not the first time I tried to email someone from here unsuccessfully, strange
Received and responded! smile

Murph7355

42,016 posts

286 months

Tuesday 19th January 2016
quotequote all
The email function seems to be jiggered at the moment...