Bosch warranty repair - now 6 months in.
Discussion
So Bosch have had the docking station signal generator unit from my robot mower for 6 months now.
Every time I email the service centre they say that the repair is on 'technical hold' while they wait for parts.
They then give me the choice of a refund for the mower (which I don't want), buying a new docking station (£250) or waiting.
I reckon the mower is out of warranty now, but wasn't when they rma'd the part.
What's my legal position here?
The current situation is clearly ridiculous.
Every time I email the service centre they say that the repair is on 'technical hold' while they wait for parts.
They then give me the choice of a refund for the mower (which I don't want), buying a new docking station (£250) or waiting.
I reckon the mower is out of warranty now, but wasn't when they rma'd the part.
What's my legal position here?
The current situation is clearly ridiculous.
Thanks chaps.
Feels a bit like returning a new car because the cup holder is broken - ie massive overkill by Bosch and an unnecessary pita for me.
By the way the Bosh mowers are now very good.
The original Indego (sic) was essentially a prototype.
The newer models are completely different, both in mb design and redsign of the bits that used to crack easily.
I've currently got 3 of the Connect version.
I like toys.
Feels a bit like returning a new car because the cup holder is broken - ie massive overkill by Bosch and an unnecessary pita for me.
By the way the Bosh mowers are now very good.
The original Indego (sic) was essentially a prototype.
The newer models are completely different, both in mb design and redsign of the bits that used to crack easily.
I've currently got 3 of the Connect version.
I like toys.
TooMany2cvs said:
rfisher said:
Feels a bit like returning a new car because the cup holder is broken - ie massive overkill by Bosch and an unnecessary pita for me.
Surely a refund is the low PITA option? You could have a shiny new mower, with guarantee, tomorrow.Or you could wait months for the bits.
Seesure said:
Is it a problem waiting for a few more months?
I presume that the mowing season is pretty much over until March next year... certainly looking at my garden it is...
Failing that, as other have said take the money ...
Or take the money now, then buy a new mower in spring...I presume that the mowing season is pretty much over until March next year... certainly looking at my garden it is...
Failing that, as other have said take the money ...
Gassing Station | Speed, Plod & the Law | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


