Company Shares vesting and selling
Discussion
Morning,
Looking for some advice / opinions please.
We have shares in lieu of bonus.
Say I have £10,000 worth of shares, with the ability to vest 25% of them each year after the first 12 months.
The US parent company - listed on Nasdaq, has decided to buy back all the shares and take the company private again, trading is not suspended but the price has been static since the purchase was announced, and a planned completion date of June.
Options that I see;
They buy my shares, I take the cash.
They replace my shares with New shares.
Obviously this option is less appealing, my current shares have a vesting date, where I can get the money out, as the new share are part of a private company, there is no out until they decide to sell / refloat.
Are there rules that they must adhere to or can they ultimately do what they want with my shares.
Thanks
Del
Looking for some advice / opinions please.
We have shares in lieu of bonus.
Say I have £10,000 worth of shares, with the ability to vest 25% of them each year after the first 12 months.
The US parent company - listed on Nasdaq, has decided to buy back all the shares and take the company private again, trading is not suspended but the price has been static since the purchase was announced, and a planned completion date of June.
Options that I see;
They buy my shares, I take the cash.
They replace my shares with New shares.
Obviously this option is less appealing, my current shares have a vesting date, where I can get the money out, as the new share are part of a private company, there is no out until they decide to sell / refloat.
Are there rules that they must adhere to or can they ultimately do what they want with my shares.
Thanks
Del
Gassing Station | Finance | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


