Take 997TT slot now? - or wait for X50 and Aerokit?? Debate?
Discussion
Guys,
I have a slot for build in September and I have specced my car - however I have also orderd one of the first "08" model year cars which will have the option of the Powerkit (X50 - 520-530 BHP) and Aerokit.
So should I:
1) Simply put my current order on hold and make do with my (5 month old) 997C4S until the 08 MY arrives and then spec. my "perfect" car for delivery Sept 07.
2) Take the interim "compromise" standard 997TT car, spec it as best I can - run it for a year THEN get my "perfect" TT?
Whilst I'd like to run the TT for the next year I don't necessarily want to take TWO hit's on resale (one on the C4S and one on the First TT) - and to be honest, the 997C4S is a bloody good car I'm enjoying caning to within an inch of it's life!
I have a slot for build in September and I have specced my car - however I have also orderd one of the first "08" model year cars which will have the option of the Powerkit (X50 - 520-530 BHP) and Aerokit.
So should I:
1) Simply put my current order on hold and make do with my (5 month old) 997C4S until the 08 MY arrives and then spec. my "perfect" car for delivery Sept 07.
2) Take the interim "compromise" standard 997TT car, spec it as best I can - run it for a year THEN get my "perfect" TT?
Whilst I'd like to run the TT for the next year I don't necessarily want to take TWO hit's on resale (one on the C4S and one on the First TT) - and to be honest, the 997C4S is a bloody good car I'm enjoying caning to within an inch of it's life!
delbox said:
I'm so pleased with my non-aerokitted 997 C4S that I'd stick with that rather than have a TT. But, in your 'predicament', I'd hold onto the C4S and take your perfect car in 07 - if you really need the aerokit and X50!
Thanks. It's not just the X50 and Aerokit - on an 08 the Powerkit is also supposed to include the Sports exhaust - plus I will probably order a "special colour" - the 08 will represent the WHOLE package in my opinion.
dealmaker said:
Guys,
I have a slot for build in September and I have specced my car - however I have also orderd one of the first "08" model year cars which will have the option of the Powerkit (X50 - 520-530 BHP) and Aerokit.
So should I:
1) Simply put my current order on hold and make do with my (5 month old) 997C4S until the 08 MY arrives and then spec. my "perfect" car for delivery Sept 07.
2) Take the interim "compromise" standard 997TT car, spec it as best I can - run it for a year THEN get my "perfect" TT?
Whilst I'd like to run the TT for the next year I don't necessarily want to take TWO hit's on resale (one on the C4S and one on the First TT) - and to be honest, the 997C4S is a bloody good car I'm enjoying caning to within an inch of it's life!
I have a slot for build in September and I have specced my car - however I have also orderd one of the first "08" model year cars which will have the option of the Powerkit (X50 - 520-530 BHP) and Aerokit.
So should I:
1) Simply put my current order on hold and make do with my (5 month old) 997C4S until the 08 MY arrives and then spec. my "perfect" car for delivery Sept 07.
2) Take the interim "compromise" standard 997TT car, spec it as best I can - run it for a year THEN get my "perfect" TT?
Whilst I'd like to run the TT for the next year I don't necessarily want to take TWO hit's on resale (one on the C4S and one on the First TT) - and to be honest, the 997C4S is a bloody good car I'm enjoying caning to within an inch of it's life!
DM,
Im waiting for the same reasons. I cant decide for you or pry in your circumstances but if I were you wait.
rich
Thanks for the advice and feedback guys!
I guess the bigger question is can I RESIST having a Turbo for the next 13 months ??......or should I have my cake and eat it by having the compromise car for the next year or so and then having the "ultimate" car to look forward to next year?
I guess a lot will depend on how much I'm going to lose on my 5/6 month old C4S at trade-in time (am I trading in too soon?) and in turn how much I will lose on the 997TT between October and next September?
If buying the early 997TT turns into a compromise both financially and in terms of the driving experience I MAY be better waiting! (but the devil on my shoulder just says "Do It"!! )
I guess the bigger question is can I RESIST having a Turbo for the next 13 months ??......or should I have my cake and eat it by having the compromise car for the next year or so and then having the "ultimate" car to look forward to next year?
I guess a lot will depend on how much I'm going to lose on my 5/6 month old C4S at trade-in time (am I trading in too soon?) and in turn how much I will lose on the 997TT between October and next September?
If buying the early 997TT turns into a compromise both financially and in terms of the driving experience I MAY be better waiting! (but the devil on my shoulder just says "Do It"!! )
Jonny5 said:
dealmaker said:
If buying the early 997TT turns into a compromise both financially and in terms of the driving experience I MAY be better waiting! (but the devil on my shoulder just says "Do It"!! )
The devil on your shoulder should be saying ... Buy another Lamborghini
I would Jonny! a Gallardo SE would be a neat partner to the Murcie!!.........but I need those extra two seats for the rug rats!
Darren49 said:
You'll do about 10-15k on the TT in the next 15 months, so if you can handle that one its not even a question.....take both!
Yeah - it's just if I do £12k on the C4S (likely) now and another £15k between now and my 08 MY 997TT arriving it makes you wonder if it's worth hanging on to the C4S and "averaging out" the loss/depreciation.
If I thought 997TT values were going to be strong until the back of 07 it would be a no brainer!
s3am said:
If they can retrofit the X50 upgrade, could you get the colours you want now and then upgrade when it becomes available? Same with the aerokit, you might not lose *so* much and have the TT sooner too.
My original thoughts also - but according to reports on Rennlist the X50 pack IS NOT going to be retro-fittable!!! I've heard rumours of 530bhp so it's not to be dismissed!!
IMHO the C4S will take further hits now that it is no longer top of the 997 range (displaced by the TT). City boys just want 'top-of-the-range'. I don't think that you will take £15k on a low mileage TT in the first year if you are getting one of the first - ie. prices will still be very strong in 12 months time.
I had of the first 997 C2Ss, bought for £70k and sold for £67k after 6 months. I took a £6k hit on a C2S cab over six months. The TT is more desireable with longer waiting lists (though more expensive) - and the prices on 996 TTs held up VERY well for the first couple of years.
I reckon that you could find a 997 TT cheap motoring over the next year or so - particularly if you can avoid dealer margin by flogging it to a mate and you order a sensible/saleable spec.
BUT it's a lot of money so buy with your heart not your pocket and expect to lose loads (but don't think about it) - and you can then only be pleased when it comes to resale time. If you spend all the time thinking about the economics of these cars then you shouldn't buy them... the economics simply don't stack up whichever way you look at it!
Will
I had of the first 997 C2Ss, bought for £70k and sold for £67k after 6 months. I took a £6k hit on a C2S cab over six months. The TT is more desireable with longer waiting lists (though more expensive) - and the prices on 996 TTs held up VERY well for the first couple of years.
I reckon that you could find a 997 TT cheap motoring over the next year or so - particularly if you can avoid dealer margin by flogging it to a mate and you order a sensible/saleable spec.
BUT it's a lot of money so buy with your heart not your pocket and expect to lose loads (but don't think about it) - and you can then only be pleased when it comes to resale time. If you spend all the time thinking about the economics of these cars then you shouldn't buy them... the economics simply don't stack up whichever way you look at it!
Will
Gassing Station | Porsche General | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff



