Help needed
Help needed
Author
Discussion

thomas7037

Original Poster:

82 posts

240 months

Thursday 23rd August 2007
quotequote all
Hi Guys, its bin a while since I have posted.

I think I am 70 % sure that am gonna sell the car I want to go for a bigger wedge ie 400 or after seeing some chimp's recently maybe one of them?

What do we think here. The reason I am undecided is that I do like the car I have but what initialy scared me now feels like I can take more speed?

Anyway Ideas would be nice maybe I could just put a 4.6 in my current car? then I wouldn'd have to go through the hassel of finding another car without chassis probs... etc?

Trickie Dickie

2,399 posts

264 months

Thursday 23rd August 2007
quotequote all
Hi Tom

I have just sold my 350i and bought a 400SE
and am based in Bradford West Yorkshire,
so if you want a run in a 400 to see if you like it
just give me a call

Cheers
Richard

350zwelgje

1,820 posts

291 months

Thursday 23rd August 2007
quotequote all
Personally I would go for a 4.6, that is if your drive shafts are the 'uprated' ones. The rest (chassis etc.) should be able to take the uprated violence. A good wedge is one to keep.
Ok, have a meagre standard 350i, but if the engine would go pop I would replace it with a 4.6 (cross-bolted, etc.) and enjoy it for as long as possible (like in not sell).

Rob

TVRleigh

6,553 posts

243 months

Thursday 23rd August 2007
quotequote all
I think it would be cheeper to stick a 4.6 or spend a few grand and get the 3.5 re-build to a higher tune. , unless you want the extra styling of the 400SE.

rev-erend

21,622 posts

314 months

Friday 24th August 2007
quotequote all
Thomas - I would sell the 350i and buy a 400SE.

You don't need to get your hands dirty.

You will get the price difference back (if you ever sell the 400) in the future.

Converted cars often do not sell for more than the model they are based on (so you loose money).

IMHO - the 400 looks better than the 350i smile

thomas7037

Original Poster:

82 posts

240 months

Monday 27th August 2007
quotequote all
I think you have all highlighted the problem well.

I have what must be one of the best wedge chassis out there and i dont want to get rid and end up with a half rusted chimp or 400SE.

But on the other hand I also am not sold on the idea of modding my current car as everything I have done so far has been trying to restor it to its former glory.

I have just been out for a drive and I must admit I was questioning why I wanted to change it.

I think i might just put the car up for sale and not be in a rush to sell and see what happens. Its always best if your noit desperate to sell. Plus this way I dont need to decide if I want to sell it Just let fate decide!

What do you think good plan?

350zwelgje

1,820 posts

291 months

Friday 31st August 2007
quotequote all
Or you can put a transplant in, and keep the original engine.... This is done before, and it is only an 'upgrade' that is still in the original sense of the design (as long as it is a RV8).

And by the way: DON'T SELL.
Or first buy something you like, try it, and only then sell (you won't) when you are happy with it.

Rob