Do I or dont I ?
Author
Discussion

marT350T

Original Poster:

948 posts

248 months

Friday 21st March 2008
quotequote all
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .

Targarama

14,785 posts

312 months

Friday 21st March 2008
quotequote all
Spring is a good time to sell. I'd understand why you would do this too. Sykline looks like a fantastic car (apart from that Sinclair Spectrum a-like central dash thingumy). Don't forget you'll be paying tons more tax though :-(

marT350T

Original Poster:

948 posts

248 months

Friday 21st March 2008
quotequote all
Targarama said:
Spring is a good time to sell. I'd understand why you would do this too. Sykline looks like a fantastic car (apart from that Sinclair Spectrum a-like central dash thingumy). Don't forget you'll be paying tons more tax though :-(
Yeah that is definatley one of the down sides.


Maxx-Waxx

927 posts

272 months

Saturday 22nd March 2008
quotequote all
marT350T said:
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .
If youre going to then do it quickly or you wont get an R35 this side of 2010.
Dealers deposit books open 2nd april but many have lots of orders in already.
I sold the sag a few months ago and have two depòsits down, one to keep and the other to sell on hopefully at a profit, not sure i can wait 12 months though.
The evo review on this thing was awesome, marginally quicker than a Z06 in a drag race 0-100-0. Much quicker cross country than the R8 and a second quicker on a 1.20 lap than the 997 GT3.
At 55k it looks a steal

N

Road Hog

2,658 posts

242 months

Saturday 22nd March 2008
quotequote all
can i have your exhaust off first please. if you sell Martyn

Andy

marT350T

Original Poster:

948 posts

248 months

Monday 24th March 2008
quotequote all
Yep no problem mate. Will drop you a line if I decide to sell

Road Hog

2,658 posts

242 months

Monday 24th March 2008
quotequote all
think you should keep it tho ,

sagy prices firmed up and its likey the rest will too.

Tonto

2,983 posts

277 months

Monday 24th March 2008
quotequote all
marT350T said:
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .
Very tempted to put my name down for a R35 too. I probably won't because I can't be bothered to wait that long!. I think you have to go to an Authorised R35 dealer. The nearest is (so I believe) in Newcastle.

Maxx-Waxx

927 posts

272 months

Tuesday 25th March 2008
quotequote all
Tonto said:
marT350T said:
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .
I think you have to go to an Authorised R35 dealer. The nearest is (so I believe) in Newcastle.
yes true, 10 appointed performance centres, however for servicing and warranty work the cars picked up on a flatbed and taken foc to your nearest centre, nice touch!

N

TGJR

750 posts

257 months

Tuesday 25th March 2008
quotequote all
A TVR or a Nissan Skyline........Hmmmmm. I'm sure the Nissan is an impressive bit of kit but at £55k I would want something a bit more, shall we say, better looking???!!! (IMO of course!).

bosscerbera

8,188 posts

272 months

Tuesday 25th March 2008
quotequote all
marT350T said:
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .
idea Turbo for the T350 next year? wink

jimmyb

12,254 posts

245 months

Tuesday 25th March 2008
quotequote all
Maxx-Waxx said:
marT350T said:
I am very tempted to sell the 350 and put a deposit down on the new skyline.

Seems like a good idea one day and not so good the next.

I would definately miss the sound and and the smile it always puts on my face but I have always been a sucker for turbo charged cars .
If youre going to then do it quickly or you wont get an R35 this side of 2010.
Dealers deposit books open 2nd april but many have lots of orders in already.
I sold the sag a few months ago and have two depòsits down, one to keep and the other to sell on hopefully at a profit, not sure i can wait 12 months though.
The evo review on this thing was awesome, marginally quicker than a Z06 in a drag race 0-100-0. Much quicker cross country than the R8 and a second quicker on a 1.20 lap than the 997 GT3.
At 55k it looks a steal

N
How do you plan to get round the no selling your build slot rule?

bobd

973 posts

249 months

Wednesday 26th March 2008
quotequote all
My deposit was down in January too. I am not sure whether to keep the Sag or not. Still I have a year to think. Maybe it will inspire me to buy a convertible TVR then I can still have the roof off in summer. At 55k the GTR is the same as a well specced Saggy was, is as quick, will have brilliant build quality, a 3 year warranty, a boot, 4 seats and will be collected and taken for its service when due.
Thats why Porsche will be worrying and TVR could not compete at the price.
Still love TVRs though.

marT350T

Original Poster:

948 posts

248 months

Wednesday 26th March 2008
quotequote all
I have decided to keep the TVR for now, mainly because of the waiting time and the fact that you are odering a car which you havent driven. So I think I will wait till they become available 2nd hand and get a mint low milage one

So looks like another year with the T350 and annoying everyone on the street.

sidewayz

2,681 posts

270 months

Wednesday 26th March 2008
quotequote all
My T350 is now three years old.Its about the time that,given different circumstances ,I would have planned to visit Blackpool and spec up something tasty. This year I have also descided to keep the T Girl and give her a thorough upgrade instead. The plan is to own the worlds only T350S and pretend it's a new TVR.Sad I know,but It will keep me happy.

Good luck whatever you do.

Maxx-Waxx

927 posts

272 months

Sunday 30th March 2008
quotequote all
jimmyb said:
How do you plan to get round the no selling your build slot rule?
Ways and means

bobd

973 posts

249 months

Sunday 30th March 2008
quotequote all
Maxx-Waxx said:
jimmyb said:
How do you plan to get round the no selling your build slot rule?
Ways and means
Why sell your build slot? Just buy them both then sell one. The full allocation year one is sold.
Black Edition in Black or Ultimate Silver.( Smoke wheels, black headlining, black/red leather with alcantara bose sound)
Premium Edition in any colour ( silver wheels white headlining black leather bose sound )
Basic in any colour ( silver wheels, white headlining, manual mirror, no auto headlamps, basic sound system)

Cant wait, have till Tuesday to decide which spec

Maxx-Waxx

927 posts

272 months

Sunday 30th March 2008
quotequote all
bobd said:
Maxx-Waxx said:
jimmyb said:
How do you plan to get round the no selling your build slot rule?
Ways and means
Why sell your build slot? Just buy them both then sell one. The full allocation year one is sold.
Black Edition in Black or Ultimate Silver.( Smoke wheels, black headlining, black/red leather with alcantara bose sound)
Premium Edition in any colour ( silver wheels white headlining black leather bose sound )
Basic in any colour ( silver wheels, white headlining, manual mirror, no auto headlamps, basic sound system)

Cant wait, have till Tuesday to decide which spec
thats what i plan to do robert, need to decide whether to order the other one with satnav then either sell that one or sell the 1st one and keep the satnav, eitehr way its gonna be a long wait.

N

bobd

973 posts

249 months

Sunday 30th March 2008
quotequote all
I think that the Black edition is the one to have, although for your second one I think the sat nav in September on a Black Edition would be the right order.
One black, one silver!
I personally prefer the Gun Metal- but with smoke wheels, but have no choice. I would never have a black car again- although I have said that once before!
You can always sell your first one and order a v-spec once thats released.
Took tha Sag out today anyway and its still nice and raw and great to get in after a two week abscence.