Keep-sell S2
Keep-sell S2
Author
Discussion

martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
Hi
In bit of a dilemma, knowing myself I will most prob be wanting some thing else later on in the year, would be great to get some good driving done in the S2 during hopefully a good summer, but after which if i put up for sale might not be a great time to sell if you know what I mean. I purchased it after the summer mind you. So not sure if just best to try sell now & miss out on really enjoying the car ?

mep12345

2,061 posts

231 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
ideaEnjoy and Keep it you know you want too - if you want something else have that as well!!!! The other half is entitled to more than one pair f shoes so surely the same goes for us and cars biglaugh

Oh bcensoredr missus P is reading this over my shoulder yikesgetmecoat

Mark

Ragtop

592 posts

231 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
Firstly, don't make a decision on the strength of getting a good summer!

You could advertise it now for a price you would be pleased with and let the market make the decision.

But you know you really want to keep it, don't you??!!

nownek

408 posts

242 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
I'd be tempted to keep it until July/August and then try to sell it then if you still want to. Alternatively advertise it for sale in the run up to SCH and then take it along for prospective buyers to have a look at...

Sadly, with the state of things at the moment you may find it hard to shift at the moment what with there being a recession/credit crunch mixed with a cold winter. Certainly for a strong price.

I can't imagine you'll lose much by waiting and, as you say, this would give you a chance to enjoy the better weather whilst still getting a crack at the busier summer market and (perhaps) a slightly better selling environment.

All depends on how much you want to change.

Edited by nownek on Tuesday 3rd February 18:44

TVRMadPaul

101 posts

227 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
I doubt whether anyone will buy it this week unless you turn it into a half track or maybe add skies.

Well I was in the same boat as you before Christmas. Should I sell in the Spring or have one more year.
I've looked at PH classified and a number of them on there I seem to remember on the website a year ago when I bought mine. I agree with the above unless you sell for a ridiculously low price it may prove difficult to sell. These are strange times in which we live.

When the weather clears in a few weeks time go out for a drive and find out why you bought the car in the first place. You won't even remember you made this post.

driving




Oh I should add I've decided to keep it long term.


Edited by TVRMadPaul on Tuesday 3rd February 18:43

jimed

1,508 posts

236 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
The S is a super car to drive and so cheap to run - at today's prices we would be silly to get rid unless you need to or really want something else.
Jim

Dave_M

5,486 posts

254 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
Mark is quite right, we can have as many cars as they can have shoes - it's obvious really smile

I think that by posting, you know the answer. If you really wanted to sell, you'd do it and face going into hiding for a while. You don't want that. Soon, it will be dry, then warm, then sunny - all that is entirely irrelevant to those poor tivless souls. Please don't join them, it's simply not worth it. Keep your tiv, you know it makes sense.

I think there are self help groups who can offer support if need be hehe

martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
Thanks for all the replies, my TVR is a toy so another as well as it is out of the question, I am not that greedy lol. My thoughts were to sell it & other daily use car & buy something else & just have one car. My daughter might pass her test soon & get a car, if so that would make 4 cars in house hold.
You`s are right I think we all NEED some bloody warm dry weather so we can really enjoy top off motoring etc.
If I were to place it up for sale it would be priced at top end of market due to its condition.

lou4010

416 posts

214 months

Tuesday 3rd February 2009
quotequote all
Keep Her.

I dont think Ive seen one post on here that says "was glad to get rid "


ketvrin

3,504 posts

239 months

Wednesday 4th February 2009
quotequote all
lou4010 said:
Keep Her.

I dont think Ive seen one post on here that says "was glad to get rid "
well I was glad to get rid !!!!! ... yikes

...of the MR2 so I could buy my S.. hehe

K getmecoat

Monkeylegend

29,238 posts

261 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
Just out of interest why are you thinking of selling so soon? If I am being nosy just tell me to bugger off. smile

martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
Monkeylegend said:
Just out of interest why are you thinking of selling so soon? If I am being nosy just tell me to bugger off. smile
Its no prob asking. Absolutely nothing wrong with car, its just the way i am. Have explained train of thought above.

ketvrin

3,504 posts

239 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
Keep her Marty... dont think about selling until you've had a chance to drive in sunshine with the roof down through a narrow village street or a long lane. head into the NY Moors when the weather picks up, join us for some blasts out with the NE TVRCC (or the Teeside lot)...

then you'll not need anyones opinion... you'll know yes

K wink

martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
ketvrin said:
Keep her Marty... dont think about selling until you've had a chance to drive in sunshine with the roof down through a narrow village street or a long lane. head into the NY Moors when the weather picks up, join us for some blasts out with the NE TVRCC (or the Teeside lot)...

then you'll not need anyones opinion... you'll know yes

K wink
The warm weather driving thought excites me! think there is a Teeside meet very soon but not keen on going if weather is poor. Car is taxed for ages & just renewed insurance so she is ready to be driven any time....

ketvrin

3,504 posts

239 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
I'm sure the Teeside lot meet at the same time as the NE which is great for combined runs but a bu99er if you want to attend both... anyway it will be this sunday. I'm planning to be at the NE meet near Newcastle airport if the weather allows... see you there sometime eh ?

K wink

martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
ketvrin said:
I'm sure the Teeside lot meet at the same time as the NE which is great for combined runs but a bu99er if you want to attend both... anyway it will be this sunday. I'm planning to be at the NE meet near Newcastle airport if the weather allows... see you there sometime eh ?

K wink
Sure K, I think the weather this week end is going to be rubbish.

neil240970

184 posts

225 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
Hi Marty,

My two-pennorth and don't take this the wrong way ,but if you get £3-4k for the car, what else comes close for that kind of cash???????


martym

Original Poster:

149 posts

216 months

Thursday 5th February 2009
quotequote all
neil240970 said:
Hi Marty,

My two-pennorth and don't take this the wrong way ,but if you get £3-4k for the car, what else comes close for that kind of cash???????
call it 5K & we have a deal lol..