Stuck in Wales RAC Recovery. What usually happens ?
Stuck in Wales RAC Recovery. What usually happens ?
Author
Discussion

nick heppinstall

Original Poster:

9,076 posts

309 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
Car has a possible oil pressure problem ( developed last night )and RAC have recommended recovery back home.

We were due to leave this morning anyway.

At the moment I'm waiting for a call from the dispatch to confirm.

Will they take us home first or want to recover straight to a dealer ? We have all our hol stuff in the boot.


Rotary Madness

2,285 posts

215 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
Dont you get a complimentary sheep whilst you wait?

ewenm

28,506 posts

274 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
I was recovered home by the RAC a few years ago (on a Sunday) - they dropped me at home, where I unpacked the car and then took the car on to the local dealer. Not sure if he was supposed to do that but it was very useful.

Kindersley

329 posts

194 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
Depending on what type of account you have etc..
If you want the car taken home then on monday etc taken to a dealer etc. Ask them to log this as ONE RESCUE rather than 2 . they tend to be good about this.

Rower

1,381 posts

295 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
Not sure if the RAC will transport livestock.......but I think you will find that they will either take the car to the nearest garage to your home or take it home , don't think they will drop you and stuff home then take car on to the garage ........raining is it ?

Rower


madala

5,063 posts

227 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
....Wales....stuck in WALES......bloody hell....good luck....;-)

nick heppinstall

Original Poster:

9,076 posts

309 months

Saturday 14th August 2010
quotequote all
;-) No it's not raining and we have no sheep to transport.

The cars only a month old and it's the Manufacturers Recovery service that comes as standard for 3 years. Dropping the car off at home then recovering on Monday would be better for us.

I dont think the oil pressure fault is terminal. It was an advisory on the Dash computer with a 4000 rpm limit.

From the manual :

'Problem with engine oil pressure'

'It is also important to have the vehicle inspected without delay by a specialist garage. The imformation about maximum permissible engine speed is displayed together with this symbol.

I didnt want to risk the drive home though.

I called a couple of dealers this morning. One could not advise me what to do with lots of erm'ing. The other said drive it and if it breaks down call assist ! Not something I wanted to do with a 4 year old in the car.

I called the Assist ( RAC ) who said dont drive the car. We will send a Tech out.

Tech called and said he was 100 miles away and would be here in 2 hours.

He then called back about 20 mins later and said their was no way he could check the oil pressure so it would probably be better to recover.

They have just this second called and said the recover vehicle would be here in about an hour.