It's got a full service history (BMW then independent specialists) and I have many, many receipts for all of the things I've spent on it. It's had the wheels, underbody and paint refurbed at vast expense, the interior is mint (save for a missing badge on the steering wheel) and it's in generally lovely condition.
All the toys, heated electric seats, original stereo and interior, no mods, totally standard and un-buggered about with and generally looked after to the nth degree.
I've spent a lot of time and money chasing down the various woes that these suffer from, so within the past 10K miles it's had new steering joints and bushes at the front, new battery, new pads and discs, plus oil change and air filters within the last 1K. There are also some drop links for the rear that I bought but didn't need replacing at the time, included in the sale. That's plus a whole load of other stuff. All this work has receipts, then some.
It's got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres front and rear. Fronts are all there, rears are half worn.
Most of the miles I've put on this since buying it have been on the motorway but it's not been a daily driver for the past year - I've stored it off road as a move to a city has meant I'm not willing to let it get banged up by bad parking and 23mpg isn't great for city driving. Not been tracked, ragged or abused and owned by a genuine enthusiast - more than happy to chat M stuff till the cows come home.
It's had the sills professionally sorted and I have shots of the work done (with invoices) with no sign of any issues since. VANOS still works well - kicks in as it should - but there's a rattle (find one without) though the cam chain tensioner was replaced recently which has quietened things down nicely.
Looking for a quick sale due to a change in circumstance, hence the price. It's a solid car and an absolute classic that I've loved owning and will sorely miss when gone.
Any questions, please ask - I'm more than willing to talk you through the entire car and everything I've done.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,900 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power394 bhp
- Torque369 lbs/ft
- Top speed155 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.3 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy20.2 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Emissions336 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,435 mm
- Vehicle width1,800 mm
Previous Owners 4
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Used BMW in Barnstaple (39)
- Used BMW in Bath (102)
- Used BMW in Bridgwater (65)
- Used BMW in Bristol (187)
- Used BMW in Dorchester (25)
- Used BMW in Exeter (87)
- Used BMW in Plymouth (11)
- Used BMW in Poole (59)
- Used BMW in Salisbury (59)
- Used BMW in Swindon (135)
- Used BMW in Yeovil (33)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1237)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1284)
- Used cars in Derby (1429)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1201)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1614)
- Used cars in Leeds (1737)
- Used cars in Leicester (1272)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1269)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1598)
- Used cars in Reading (1128)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1164)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8820)
- Used cars in East of England (9443)
- Used cars in London (3297)
- Used cars in North East (4965)
- Used cars in North West (10448)
- Used cars in Scotland (6750)
- Used cars in South East (13013)
- Used cars in South West (7828)
- Used cars in Wales (4651)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8605)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11163)
No recent searches