The Bespoke built, 1963 Jaguar E-Type Roadster 4.7 Litre Semi-Lightweight offered here at Autostorico was commissioned by a discerning British classic car collector who had always admired Eagle’s Spyder GT. He enlisted the talents of Adam Redding, a well-known classic car restorer, to build the ultimate, no expense spared, E-Type. The project began with a 1963 Series 1 Roadster which was totally dismantled before work began building it back up. The body alone took over 3,000 man-hours to complete. The lack of bumpers are the first element you notice but the re-sculpting goes way beyond that. The bespoke built, all-alloy, bonnet has been de-seamed and incorporates flared arches with a deep front valance and welded in louvers. Towards the rear of the car the handcrafted, muscular haunches give the E-Type a more purposeful stance. Whilst the flaring of the arches looks impressive it is also necessary to house the 6x16 Torrino alloy and chrome wire wheels with custom spinners. Finished in Rolls-Royce Midnight Blue with St James Red Conolly hide and Dark Blue Wilton carpets, the interior is every bit as sumptuous as one might expect including many hidden luxuries such as: heated seats, air-conditioning, DAB radio and Bluetooth phone system whilst still retaining period instruments and a Moto Lita steering wheel.
Mechanically the car is built for fast road use, with its engine bored out to 4.7 litre specification with large up-rated valves, upgraded water pump, timing chains, forged con-rods, custom flywheel, large bore oil pump, forged pistons, electronic fuel injection, hand polished cam box covers, braised cooling pipes, uprated race cooling system including large cooling fan, aluminium lightweight radiator and header tank, complete stainless steel exhaust system including manifold, electronic ignition, high output starter motor, 4-pot AF Racing brake callipers with large ventilated brake discs, Koni adjustable shock absorbers, modern electric fuel pump, silicone hoses, halogen headlights, modern alternator with V-belt with aluminium pulley upgrades, up-rated power steering mounts, up-rated torsion bars with adjustable height conversion, up-rated anti roll bar drop links and bushes, high power brake servo with polished stainless steel heat shield and up-rated rear suspension mounts plus anti roll bar links & bushings.
Presented in excellent condition this stunning E-Type must be one of the finest currently on the market and is offered for sale at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent Eagle built car.
A truly unique opportunity to own bespoke built E-Type which offers a modern twist on a timeless classic.
Viewing strictly by appointment only.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,700 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 1
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Autostorico Ltd
- Used Jaguar in Abingdon (34)
- Used Jaguar in Ascot (21)
- Used Jaguar in Aylesford (34)
- Used Jaguar in Guildford (54)
- Used Jaguar in Milton Keynes (61)
- Used Jaguar in Reading (72)
- Used Jaguar in Slough (61)
- Used Jaguar in Southampton (48)
- Used Jaguar in Swanley (15)
- Used Jaguar in Thames Ditton (28)
- Used Jaguar in Tonbridge (100)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1481)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1246)
- Used cars in Derby (1435)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1263)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1253)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1677)
- Used cars in Leeds (1857)
- Used cars in Leicester (1346)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1230)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1663)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1227)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9608)
- Used cars in East of England (10074)
- Used cars in London (3296)
- Used cars in North East (5614)
- Used cars in North West (10955)
- Used cars in Scotland (7445)
- Used cars in South East (13779)
- Used cars in South West (8409)
- Used cars in Wales (5204)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9772)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12402)
No recent searches