MSA historical passport, Towing eye, Bonnet pins, Cobra Evolution bucket seat, Luke 4-point safety harness, Fire extinguisher, Alloy panels, Moto-lita steering wheel.
The classic lines of this Mk1 Cortina look fantastic set against our studio, presented with the iconic ‘Lotus factory car' Ermine white paintwork and Sherwood green stripe colour combination. Having been used on track in various well known race events over the years the car's shell and paintwork present with a certain ‘competition car' patina. However, this does not detract from the car's overall good appearance. There are no major rust issues to be found, and all the alloy panels are still present and correct.
VIN No: BA74EG59563
The sparse interior space is unashamedly race spec. Once you step through the cage you are firmly seated in the Cobra Evolution bucket seat, a tight but supportive space held in by the Luke 4-point safety harness. A charming Moto-lita steering wheel has been fitted and for weight saving purposes the passenger seat has been removed; in its place a lightweight racing battery has been fitted, along with a fire extinguisher in the footwell.
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
The Cortina is equipped with the original 1558cc DOHC inline 4 power plant. This Lotus/Ford engine is equipped with twin Weber carburettors, electrical fuel pump, and a wet sump. The four-speed synchromesh gearbox feels tight and precise to operate throughout the gears and rev range.
WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
The Cortina sits on 13-inch minilite style alloy wheels finished in silver, which although not perfect are in good order. The wheels are shod in a matching set of period Dunlop racing tyres with plenty of tread remaining.
This Lotus Cortina was produced in August 1965 at the Dagenham factory. Within the history file is a historic FIA technical passport dated September 1990, showing various technical photos and details of the car from that period. There is also a more recent MSA technical passport to be found dated July 2008 for FIA class: CT8, period: F - 1962 to 1965. An engine data print out is available and shows the engines maximum output as an impressive 162hp.
Between the years 2006 - 2009 the car was driven by Mr Richard Lawson in such events as Grand Prix De L' Age, Dijon - Knock hill - Spa 6 hours. There are many lap charts and engine test sheets detailing this period with session times and race results.
This one of just 3,306 Mk1 Lotus Cortina's produced between 1963 and 1966.
Please visit our website for a full write up and additional photographs.
FINANCE AVAILABLE at competitive rates.
Worldwide shipping is available on request.
Tel - 01420 479909 (day)
We are always looking for quality stock so please get in contact if you are thinking of selling a similar classic car.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,600 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power162 bhp
- Top speed108 mph
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Cosworth L2 Cams
Big Valve Head Ported
Custom 2.25" S/S Exhaust
Type 9 5-Speed Box
Adjustable Suspension, Uprated ARB
etc. etc. 173bhp Read the full summary
Dad's rally car. He once owned Roger Clark's rally car and competed in it back in the late 1960's. He should have kept that one. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Has lived up to the famous Lotus acronym. Lots of trouble usually serious. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 17,000 miles
- 503 bhp
- 500 miles
- 150 bhp
- 6,000 miles
- 178 bhp
- Used Lotus in Ascot (4)
- Used Lotus in Aylesbury (2)
- Used Lotus in Bordon (2)
- Used Lotus in Canterbury (23)
- Used Lotus in Gerrards Cross (13)
- Used Lotus in Henley-on-Thames (13)
- Used Lotus in Leatherhead (22)
- Used Lotus in Lymington (17)
- Used Lotus in Petersfield (3)
- Used Lotus in Southampton (16)
- Used Lotus in Wantage (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (2363)
- Used cars in Derby (1607)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2272)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5520)
- Used cars in Leeds (2542)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1615)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1849)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1627)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1610)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1816)
- Used cars in York (1604)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12728)
- Used cars in East of England (15226)
- Used cars in London (5193)
- Used cars in North East (7359)
- Used cars in North West (18541)
- Used cars in Scotland (21538)
- Used cars in South East (22084)
- Used cars in South West (10644)
- Used cars in Wales (4661)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10893)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17208)
No recent searches