Purchased by us from the USA in October 2013, this matching number 1969 911T with Sportomatic transmission has undergone a full restoration. This work has been conducted over the last four years by ourselves and Porsche Approved Body Shop. With a recorded 41,847 miles and extensive history folder including COA and original parts, this is an excellent opportunity to purchase what we considered to be the best available example. This is an ideal car for those days out in the countryside and should be a great long term investment.
The car is unregistered, so the buyer will be the first owner. The car comes with a new MOT and is European compliant - all original parts have been retained.
Early in 2016 the car was examined by Porsche. Whilst there were a few repairs to the floor in the past, the decision was taken to completely renew the floor of the car. They were able to find an original floor at Porsche Germany, and this was installed over a period of a several months. The floor has been installed as it left the factory with attention to detail in how it would have been painted in 1969, whilst using modern protection materials. This is a car that could be driven during the winter without fear of rust.
The semi-automatic transmission known as Sportomatic had a conventional synchromesh gearbox along with a torque converter and a normal clutch which was controlled by a vacuum controlled lever. Shifting gears without a clutch pedal to press resulted in very smooth changes and a more relaxed drive when compared to its manual siblings. Over the decades many of these transmissions were converted to manual transmission which means there are very few left that work as well as this one does.
The engine has been rebuilt, with the original carbs refurbed to new. It starts first time even when laid up for long periods.
It is a stunning car that is approaching 50 years of age.
Please contact us for more details.
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size2,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Nine Excellence Limited
- Used Porsche in Banbury (31)
- Used Porsche in Billingshurst (30)
- Used Porsche in Burgess Hill (45)
- Used Porsche in Chichester (48)
- Used Porsche in Guildford (45)
- Used Porsche in Horsham (44)
- Used Porsche in Iver (27)
- Used Porsche in Portsmouth (34)
- Used Porsche in Reading (49)
- Used Porsche in Slough (91)
- Used Porsche in Wantage (29)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1406)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1249)
- Used cars in Derby (1389)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1236)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1199)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1665)
- Used cars in Leeds (1805)
- Used cars in Leicester (1299)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1246)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1582)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1204)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9331)
- Used cars in East of England (9818)
- Used cars in London (3254)
- Used cars in North East (5369)
- Used cars in North West (10724)
- Used cars in Scotland (7226)
- Used cars in South East (13750)
- Used cars in South West (8332)
- Used cars in Wales (4999)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9567)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12024)
No recent searches