Completed in 1991 and first registered in January 1992, this is a late example of the 944 S2, benefitting from all of the associated refinements in production from the model’s launch. It was supplied new via AFN Porsche in London, where the first four of its main dealer services were also carried out. For the last year, it has been part of a collection of modern classics in the South East of England, and the owner has enjoyed some 500 miles behind the wheel with the top down.
The 3.0-litre in the S2 was the largest production four-cylinder unit of its time, and was arguably the engine that the 944 deserved from the start. The S2 featured the rounded front and rear panels from the Turbo model, as well as that car’s four-piston brake calipers. Its specification also included an uprated gearbox, stronger driveshafts and wider wheels.
Inside the car, the original interior trim is in superb condition. It is all original, save for the contemporary stereo, and steering wheel that has been swapped for a rare Porsche 993 RS item. The factory wheel remains with the car, and is included in the sale should the next owner wish to change it back. The grey leather upholstery features perforated centre panels, and is in fine order with no tears or holes.
The dashboard, door cards and other interior trim elements are all undamaged and present very well. All of the electronics work as they should, including the air-conditioning and the radio. The carpets are in superb order throughout, including in the boot.
Its electrically-powered convertible roof is in perfect working order and fits snugly to seal the car against wet weather. The material is in sound cosmetic condition, with only a few small snags visible in the black fabric. At the rear, the plastic window is undamaged and free of cloudy marks. A black tonneau fastens over the hood to protect it when the roof is down.
Under the bonnet, the engine bay is clean and tidy, and the original 3.0-litre powertrain has been enhanced with the addition of a stainless steel exhaust. The car was last serviced in May 2017 at 80,338 miles, which included renewal of the timing belt. Before this, the car also had an oil service and brake fluid renewal at independent specialist Autowerke in June 2016 at 79,931 miles.
Its last three MOTs have all been free of advisories, and the most recent certificate covers the car until August 2020. The wheels are shod in a set of Continental SportContact tyres in size 205/50 ZR16 at the front and 225/50 ZR/16 at the rear, which still have plenty of tread remaining.
The car is accompanied by all of the original owner’s literature, the stamped service booklet, two keys and two immobiliser fobs, tool kit; as well as a folder full of old invoices, receipts and MOT certificates.
The post 1992 Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet appeared first on Coys of Kensington.
View this vehicle on our website
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
My first porsche, I loved it, but it did not love me - the hood continually stcuk particularly when I arrived at work with all my work mates watching Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
- Used Porsche in Harrogate (25)
- Used Porsche in Huddersfield (12)
- Used Porsche in Keighley (13)
- Used Porsche in Knaresborough (71)
- Used Porsche in Leeds (77)
- Used Porsche in Malton (38)
- Used Porsche in Richmond (11)
- Used Porsche in Sheffield (61)
- Used Porsche in Shipley (14)
- Used Porsche in Wetherby (19)
- Used Porsche in York (35)
- Used cars in Bristol (1350)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1594)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1596)
- Used cars in Derby (1336)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1074)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1173)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1279)
- Used cars in Leeds (2109)
- Used cars in Leicester (1340)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1418)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1730)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9978)
- Used cars in East of England (14877)
- Used cars in London (4822)
- Used cars in North East (4856)
- Used cars in North West (11506)
- Used cars in Scotland (6301)
- Used cars in South East (15852)
- Used cars in South West (7556)
- Used cars in Wales (5065)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8393)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12503)
No recent searches