This stunning Lapis Blue Porsche 986 Boxster S has covered just 51,000 miles in the hands of 5 previous owners in 16 years, and has an excellent service history, with 15 stamps showing in the service record. An impeccable Boxster S and a real credit to its former keepers.
The Lapis Blue paintwork is deep and lustrous, and has benefited enormously from factory fitted paint protection film to the front bumper and bonnet, along with strategically placed sections to protect the trailing edges of the wheel arches and the lower edges of the door shuts. The bodywork is in excellent, original condition throughout, with no dents, scratches or other blemishes. The car is also available with a contrasting silver genuine Porsche hard top, complete with storage stand and Porsche soft cover, for an additional £500.
The graphite grey interior is also in excellent condition, with no real sign of wear to the 2-way electric sports seats, both with lovely supple leather. The dashboard, door cards and carpets are also superb, and complemented by the optional carbon trimmed gear lever knob and handbrake lever. KU02UBC is fitted with automatic air conditioning that works perfectly, Becker Porsche CDR-22 CD radio head unit with CD storage slots below, factory top tint windscreen and wind deflector, and the ever useful storage box above the engine cover. The three spoke leather steering wheel retains excellent grain to the leather rim, and the genuine Porsche carpet mats are also in near perfect condition, testament to this car’s light usage over the years.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
The 3.2 litre flat-six engine fires up instantly and soon settles to a cultured idle. The clutch is light and the gearchange feels positive and precise as you move through the six-speed gearbox. Torquey and flexible at low revs, the character of the engine is revealed as the revs rise smoothly, with a definite step-up in power and pace above 4,000rpm, accompanied by the distinctive flat-six howl.
WHEELS, TYRES AND BRAKES
KU02UBC is fitted with upgraded 18” Sport Design split rim alloy wheels, the same as fitted to the contemporary 911 GT3 models. Shod with N-rated Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres, the car exhibits exemplary handling, with perfect balance and seemingly endless levels of grip through the corners. The Brembo brakes with drilled and vented discs deliver powerful braking with loads of feel through the pedal, and this, combined with the smooth power and precise handling, offers a driving experience that is second to none in the sports car sector. EVO magazine has given a coveted 5 star rating to every flat-six powered Boxster ever tested – driving this superb example, it’s easy to see why.
The service record for KU02UBC is comprehensive, with 15 service stamps in total, a mix of OPC dealers and Porsche specialists. The history file is completed with MOT certificates back to 2009 and a number of service and maintenance invoices covering such items as brakes discs and pads, air conditioning condensers and drive belts as required.
In preparing the car for sale in October 2018, we carried out a Minor service, replaced the brake and clutch fluid, and fitted new driveshaft rubber boots, and exhaust clamps and sleeves.
To re-iterate, Flat Six Classics is advertising the car for sale privately on behalf of the current owner, who has asked us for help in selling his Boxster S due to a sad change in circumstances. The car is on display and can be viewed in our showroom, however any purchase transaction will be direct with the owner and treated as a private sale.
Reference #9522397 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size3,200 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power248 bhp
- Torque225 lbs/ft
- Top speed163 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.9 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy26.4 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Emissions265 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,290 mm
- Vehicle width1,801 mm
Previous Owners 6
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Flat 6 Classics
- Used Porsche in Bristol (50)
- Used Porsche in Calne (17)
- Used Porsche in Cheltenham (10)
- Used Porsche in Chippenham (20)
- Used Porsche in Devizes (12)
- Used Porsche in Exeter (30)
- Used Porsche in Ferndown (51)
- Used Porsche in Poole (8)
- Used Porsche in Saltash (24)
- Used Porsche in Swindon (32)
- Used Porsche in Tewkesbury (31)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1450)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1243)
- Used cars in Derby (1420)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1265)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1248)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1680)
- Used cars in Leeds (1838)
- Used cars in Leicester (1330)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1226)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1632)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1232)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9509)
- Used cars in East of England (10051)
- Used cars in London (3252)
- Used cars in North East (5588)
- Used cars in North West (10861)
- Used cars in Scotland (7480)
- Used cars in South East (13705)
- Used cars in South West (8381)
- Used cars in Wales (5172)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9705)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12272)
No recent searches