The 300R was based on the 964 Carrera 2 and features retro 73 RS styling, a 3.8 litre engine, RS brakes and shock absorbers, a lightweight interior, lightweight panels and rear screen. It weighed 1220KGs, which is the same as a 964 Carrera RS.
With the same 3.8 litres as 993RS, the braking of a 964 RS and retro styling inspired by the 73 RS, the 300R was an individual and quick road car that gained favourable press reviews in Top Gear, Car and the Porsche press at the time. We sold this actual prototype to its last owner in 2006 with just over 3,000 miles completed and except for the odd run out, it has remained in storage ever since.
0-60mph in 4.9 seconds.
Top Speed is 170mph.
All steel with composite engine cover and bumpers, painted in midnight blue metallic. RS ligtweight rear screen, electric retro mirrors in chrome, anodised window surrounds, chrome door handles and headlamp surounds.
Lightweight carpets and door trims, sports seats, full interior trimmed in soft nappa leather with corduroy inserts for the seats, 3 spoke PS sports steering wheel, bespoke instruments, leather trimmed half roll cage, sports seat belts
Wheels and Tyres
PS classic style, 3 piece split rim with solid billet centres finished in PS orange finish with aluminium rims:
Front: 7.5J x 17″ with 205/50 ZR 17 tyre.
Rear: 9J x 17″ with 255/40 ZR 17 tyre.
Front: Independent Macpherson struts; lower wishbones combined coil springs and Bilstein sport dampers, with anti roll bar.
Rear: Independent semi trailing arms combined coil springs and Bilstein dampers with anti roll bar.
Rack and pinion power assisted.
Cubic capacity: 3800cc.
993 RS barrels and pistons
Carrera Cup cams
Maximum power: 300 BHP @ 6200 RPM.
Maximum torque: 370 Nm @ 4800 RPM.
Dry sump lubrication system
Air cooled, enhanced with twin thermostatically controlled oil coolers with 2 stage electric fans
Motronic fuel injection.
Electronic dual ignition.
PS stainless steel equal length performance system.
Type G50/03 Getrag 5 speed.
Ratios: 1st 3.500, 2nd 2.059, 3rd 1.407, 4th 1.086, 5th 0.868 R 2.857.
964 RS clutch and flywheel
Ventilated and cross drilled discs 322mm front 288 rear with four pot callipers.
This 300R requires some light recommissioning now, but we will be carrying this out prior to delivery to its next custodian.
Obviously with over a decade of development, it would be unfair to compare this prototype with our Autoart cars today, however it offers a unique opportunity to own an individual and quick road car, that has become an important part of PS history.
Reference #6887512 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size3,800 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power300 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height1,320 mm
- Vehicle width1,652 mm
Previous Owners -
- 23,000 miles
- 616 bhp
- 7,060 miles
- 306 bhp
- Used Porsche in Brentwood (24)
- Used Porsche in Cambridge (53)
- Used Porsche in Chelmsford (27)
- Used Porsche in Colchester (40)
- Used Porsche in Halstead (27)
- Used Porsche in Hatfield (21)
- Used Porsche in Huntingdon (23)
- Used Porsche in Kings Langley (38)
- Used Porsche in Peterborough (41)
- Used Porsche in St Albans (20)
- Used Porsche in Tring (15)
- Used cars in Bristol (1558)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1504)
- Used cars in Derby (1849)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1382)
- Used cars in Leeds (1972)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1507)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1478)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1165)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1749)
- Used cars in Stockport (1300)
- Used cars in York (1188)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11569)
- Used cars in East of England (13012)
- Used cars in London (4661)
- Used cars in North East (5151)
- Used cars in North West (14589)
- Used cars in Scotland (6371)
- Used cars in South East (19562)
- Used cars in South West (9477)
- Used cars in Wales (5302)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11326)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (14387)
No recent searches