£70 parking fine for 15 mins.

Author
Discussion

speedyguy

3,613 posts

133 months

Tuesday 30th December 2014
quotequote all
Chrisgr31 said:
I had the misfortune during a one year placement at an insurance company to manage 3 properties where unauthorised parking was an issue. We spent £1,000s of pounds on all manner of enforcement including barriers, stickers etc. The reality though was that the only thing that worked was clamping, and of course that is not allowed now. But I probably spent 20% of my time just dealing with parking complaints at these 3 properties.

So I am all for parking enforcement and believe that reasonable charges of up to say £100 should be enforceable.
Nice sticky stickers right on the drivers windscreen should be the order of the day where possible for ignorant tw@ts.
Chrisgr31 said:
Funkycoldribena said:
So how did the barriers not work?
Because virtually every weekend they got broken
Depending on the barriers, bent, knocked off, rising bollards are disabled with 'gravel' /stone wedged, key codes are glued, smashed off etc etc by the 'lovely public'
The ability of the public to cost businesses 0000's of pounds to save themselves a couple of quid and inconvenience many others knows no bounds.

fulgurex

85 posts

44 months

Tuesday 30th December 2014
quotequote all
VonSenger said:
Save yourself the grief and put it in the bin. I had one of these from the gym car park last year. Followed the same process, they gave up after a few letters. Bullies.
Only question to ask is has the law changed? other than that don't waste your time.
Have you read the threads on this topic?

rich888

1,527 posts

129 months

Tuesday 30th December 2014
quotequote all
Kentish said:
My wife parked in Sainsburys car park to shop there and had an issue with one of our kids which meant she went about 15 mins over their 3 hour limit. It's a huge store so it's easy to park that long especially with a 2 & 3 year old ("need a wee"; "I'm hungry"; "need a poo"; arrive at car..... "need a wee" from the other one)....

It has ANPR on the entrance and a sign up next to where your plate flashes up but tbh it's up so high up & to the left that I've never noticed it until my wife pointed it out to me once the other week. There are apparently some signs somewhere near some of the spaces but again, I've never noticed them as they are sparse at best.

The private company who manage the car park charge £70 if you go over your stay; there is no initial charge and no ticket required to park with any of the information on it.

My wife is annoyed with herself for missing the deadline; she says she feels she has to pay it as she doesn't want to get into any trouble or any CCJ's; is it a case of taking it on the chin?

£70 is bloody excessive isn't it!


Just go to the top and email Mr Mike Coupe, the Chief Executive of Sainsbury's and explain to him (without swearing or getting abusive) the problem encountered by your wife after she spent lots of money in one of his stores, his email address is mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk or phone him on 0207 695 6000. Most CEOs are pretty human and understand the huge benefits of positive PR wink

Blown2CV

19,518 posts

133 months

Tuesday 30th December 2014
quotequote all
If the private parking firm had been brought in by sainsburys to manage the car park because of people breaking the rules, why the fk would writing to sainsburys help in the slightest?

Funkycoldribena

7,379 posts

84 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
If the private parking firm had been brought in by sainsburys to manage the car park because of people breaking the rules, why the fk would writing to sainsburys help in the slightest?
Because if you've spent 100 quid in their shop they don't like the possibility of negative press and yes it quite often works.
Advertisement

rich888

1,527 posts

129 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
If the private parking firm had been brought in by sainsburys to manage the car park because of people breaking the rules, why the fk would writing to sainsburys help in the slightest?
Because negative publicity hurts, especially when a hard working mum with two kids is fined because they spent too much time in store spending money which sets alarm bells ringing in other mums and dads who decide not to shop in Sainsbury's because:

a, they will be fined if they overstay their welcome

and:

b, Sainsbury's obviously hate mums and children because they fine them for spending too much time in store.

Not good for PR.

As for breaking the rules, well I can confidentially say that the risk of having a PR disaster going viral and huge numbers of Sainsbury's customers walking out and shopping elsewhere will sway the call.

Well unless Sainsbury's managers really are so arrogant... wink

Aldi will of course pick up the pieces... smile

Blown2CV

19,518 posts

133 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
why is writing a private letter to a company negative publicity? You'd be better off tweeting them or something. Are you seriously expecting sainsburys management to over-rule the store management? Vote of no confidence, for the sake of OP dawdling around the shops and incurring a fine in completely accordance with the rules? When it happened to me at least i acknowledged it was my fault, if a little unfair, and chose to ignore it in the hope of avoiding a fine, rather than writing a whiny letter to the supermarket when i haven't got a leg to stand on. If you're lucky you'll get a £10 voucher against what will be a several hundred quid penalty by the time you get a response.

Monkeylegend

13,205 posts

161 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
3 hours and 15 mins shopping at JS yikes

The £70 parking fine must pale into insignificance compared to the till receipt.

Do you get Nectar points on the parking fine spend?

Hoover.

5,904 posts

172 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Wait until parking notice comes through, write to store manager and copy to parking company......

if no response, tweet it (my sister does this all the time when shops are not jumping to sorting out issues..... its amazing how quickly they act on something negative in the public domain)

iwantagta

867 posts

75 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Monkeylegend said:
3 hours and 15 mins shopping at JS yikes
Was it definitely Sainsburys and not the Arndale centre?
I've been to some fking big supermarkets in my time at some fking busy times but I don't think i've ever spent over an hour and definitely haven't spent over 2 hours.

I don't want to believe anyone can spend 3 hours in a supermarket.
Which Sainsburys was it? Did it have a furniture section with a wardrobe to Narnia?







Monkeylegend

13,205 posts

161 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
iwantagta said:
Monkeylegend said:
3 hours and 15 mins shopping at JS yikes
Was it definitely Sainsburys and not the Arndale centre?
I've been to some fking big supermarkets in my time at some fking busy times but I don't think i've ever spent over an hour and definitely haven't spent over 2 hours.

I don't want to believe anyone can spend 3 hours in a supermarket.
Which Sainsburys was it? Did it have a furniture section with a wardrobe to Narnia?
Maybe wifey went elsewhere and not just JS. In which case .......

Chrisgr31

10,790 posts

185 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
If the private parking firm had been brought in by sainsburys to manage the car park because of people breaking the rules, why the fk would writing to sainsburys help in the slightest?
Unfortunately due to the potential for negative PR. Its one of the reason why many of the car parks my property manager colleagues manage have no decent enforcement because the client (ie car park owner) does not want the negative PR. It is one of the big disadvantages of the internet and social media. It gives those who in many cases were taking the piss, the opportunity to rant, rave and generate negative PR and hence avoid responsibility for their actions.

speedyguy

3,613 posts

133 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Chrisgr31 said:
Unfortunately due to the potential for negative PR. Its one of the reason why many of the car parks my property manager colleagues manage have no decent enforcement because the client (ie car park owner) does not want the negative PR. It is one of the big disadvantages of the internet and social media. It gives those who in many cases were taking the piss, the opportunity to rant, rave and generate negative PR and hence avoid responsibility for their actions.
Maybe car park management companies need to grow a set and "say how it is" with people 'abusing' the system and taking the proverbial, maybe it will get through in the end ?

Monkeylegend said:
Maybe wifey went elsewhere and not just JS. In which case .......
I've seen a couple of whiny, bullsh!t letters to MP's and ministers on this recently, in both cases the 'whiny moaners' were taking the p!ss and even stated it in the letters but that doesn't make good PR like "banning clamping" did with the resultant balls up.


Funkycoldribena

7,379 posts

84 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
speedyguy said:
I've seen a couple of whiny, bullsh!t letters to MP's and ministers on this recently, in both cases the 'whiny moaners' were taking the p!ss and even stated it in the letters but that doesn't make good PR like "banning clamping" did with the resultant balls up.
Maybe the parking companies should stop taking the piss and make it a more reasonable "fine"like 25 quid then maybe there wouldnt be such a debate over this,maybe they should stop "fining" people for returning to the carpark later in the day,maybe they should allow for more reasonable lengths of parking to go shopping in certain retail parks,for example 90 mins in one near to me.Maybe people like you who seem to have to adhere to every rule by the letter should realise its only parking a car not dumping a pile of rubbish in a space,its not exactly that outrageous as some make out on here.

jammy_basturd

20,322 posts

142 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Funkycoldribena said:
Maybe the parking companies should stop taking the piss and make it a more reasonable "fine"like 25 quid then maybe there wouldnt be such a debate over this,maybe they should stop "fining" people for returning to the carpark later in the day,maybe they should allow for more reasonable lengths of parking to go shopping in certain retail parks,for example 90 mins in one near to me.Maybe people like you who seem to have to adhere to every rule by the letter should realise its only parking a car not dumping a pile of rubbish in a space,its not exactly that outrageous as some make out on here.
The OP has already said the car park was for Sainsbury's. In which case you'd have to agree that 2 hours is more than enough time to do your Sainsbury's shopping and leave.

hornetrider

63,161 posts

135 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Just bloody ignore it.

Stinkfoot

2,239 posts

122 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
allergictocheese said:
Stinkfoot said:
Had this several times and have always ignored their 'demands'. They eventually stop writing but they certainly wont waste money trying to go to court over it.
Will you pay the OP's parking bill and costs if he takes your advice and it does get taken to court?

After all, it's a no brainer because they "certainly won't" do that will they?
The op can do as he pleases. I am just stating what I have done when I have been in the same situation. This is an internet forum not a legal practice - do you know the difference ?

B'stard Child

14,775 posts

176 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
Stinkfoot said:
allergictocheese said:
Stinkfoot said:
Had this several times and have always ignored their 'demands'. They eventually stop writing but they certainly wont waste money trying to go to court over it.
Will you pay the OP's parking bill and costs if he takes your advice and it does get taken to court?

After all, it's a no brainer because they "certainly won't" do that will they?
The op can do as he pleases. I am just stating what I have done when I have been in the same situation. This is an internet forum not a legal practice - do you know the difference ?
Indeed

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

^ I'm waiting for an update on this one - it appears that the long held "ignore" policy might have unpleasant results

herewego

8,588 posts

143 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
jammy_basturd said:
Funkycoldribena said:
Maybe the parking companies should stop taking the piss and make it a more reasonable "fine"like 25 quid then maybe there wouldnt be such a debate over this,maybe they should stop "fining" people for returning to the carpark later in the day,maybe they should allow for more reasonable lengths of parking to go shopping in certain retail parks,for example 90 mins in one near to me.Maybe people like you who seem to have to adhere to every rule by the letter should realise its only parking a car not dumping a pile of rubbish in a space,its not exactly that outrageous as some make out on here.
The OP has already said the car park was for Sainsbury's. In which case you'd have to agree that 2 hours is more than enough time to do your Sainsbury's shopping and leave.
In this case the limit was even more than that, it was 3 hours.

jammy_basturd

20,322 posts

142 months

Wednesday 31st December 2014
quotequote all
The limit for Sainsbury's in Canterbury in 2 hours.

No idea which one the OP is talking about though. Either way, 2 hours or 3, I'd still say that's more than enough time.