Star Wars: Fallen Order

Star Wars: Fallen Order

Author
Discussion

Rick_1138

3,031 posts

126 months

Monday 18th November
quotequote all
Narcisus said:
Signed up to Origin Prem for a month so giving it a try now. Venator Class Star Destroyers and a Republic Gunship in the opening mission for the geeks :-)
This is my plan too, but with the newborn, it will have to wait.

so happy to have what seems to be a good single player narrative focused Star Wars game again smile

Bobajobbob

751 posts

44 months

Monday 18th November
quotequote all
If you are playing on PC bear in mind that the key mapping settings are on par with Red Dead 2. You simply can't map certain keys on both mouse and keyboard and the entire interface is slow and clunky.

Rick_1138

3,031 posts

126 months

Tuesday 19th November
quotequote all
Bobajobbob said:
If you are playing on PC bear in mind that the key mapping settings are on par with Red Dead 2. You simply can't map certain keys on both mouse and keyboard and the entire interface is slow and clunky.
I've heard those reports too. .might be 2orth playing with Xbox controller I have on my pc if it's going to be a faff with M&K

Lazadude

1,570 posts

109 months

Tuesday 19th November
quotequote all
I've tried with both KBM and an XBO controller, the XBO controller is much more intuitive.

There's even a pop up when you start the game with a KBM saying they have developed the game for a controller, whilst using a KBM is possible, it is not the optimum experience.

Baby Shark doo doo doo doo

11,793 posts

117 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Anyone else finding Cere’s eyes a bit terrifying?

Stevil

9,873 posts

177 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Baby Shark doo doo doo doo said:
Anyone else finding Cere’s eyes a bit terrifying?
hehe Same actor for Grace in Wolfenstein the New Colossus but she looks a lot less like the end scene from Total Recall in that.

Baby Shark doo doo doo doo

11,793 posts

117 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Stevil said:
Baby Shark doo doo doo doo said:
Anyone else finding Cere’s eyes a bit terrifying?
hehe Same actor for Grace in Wolfenstein the New Colossus but she looks a lot less like the end scene from Total Recall in that.
hehe

I’m amazed that it wasn’t noticed the eyes were a little ‘off’ during the development. Sometimes they don’t move at the same time either and I end up feeling ill rofl

I know they’re loosely based on the voice actors, and Debra Wilson has beautiful big eyes, but Cere looks like they couldn’t be arsed to fit the 125% sized eyeballs correctly.

Shappers24

280 posts

34 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Bought it at the weekend. Played about 3 hours so far and not really enjoying it. Xbox S and it’s stuttering and lagging badly. Controls seem awkward as well. A real shame

Outbound

284 posts

131 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
I’m on Xbox one X, had a couple of crashes but really enjoying it.

Feels like a Star Wars film, plays like Dark Souls.


Baby Shark doo doo doo doo

11,793 posts

117 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Outbound said:
I’m on Xbox one X, had a couple of crashes but really enjoying it.

Feels like a Star Wars film, plays like Dark Souls.
yes

Just completed it this evening. Fantastic story smile

I hope there’ll be DLC, however I’ve read they just wanted one main story and to leave it at that frown

Stevil

9,873 posts

177 months

Monday 25th November
quotequote all
Finished it last night, very enjoyable overall. Wasn't quite sure what to expect with the ending given that it's not really a spoiler to say that their grand plan isn't going to come off given the wider context of the films and its placement in the timeline, but it was a satisfying end.

AshVX220

4,202 posts

138 months

Tuesday 26th November
quotequote all
Stevil said:
Finished it last night, very enjoyable overall. Wasn't quite sure what to expect with the ending given that it's not really a spoiler to say that their grand plan isn't going to come off given the wider context of the films and its placement in the timeline, but it was a satisfying end.
Out of interest, where does this game sit in the timeline?

Stevil

9,873 posts

177 months

Tuesday 26th November
quotequote all
AshVX220 said:
Out of interest, where does this game sit in the timeline?
Between Ep3 and 4.

AshVX220

4,202 posts

138 months

Wednesday 27th November
quotequote all
Stevil said:
AshVX220 said:
Out of interest, where does this game sit in the timeline?
Between Ep3 and 4.
Thanks. thumbup
Wednesday 27th November
quotequote all
I've been a little disappointed TBH. Feels too linear so far and I'm not gelling with the combat - keep getting animation locked which is frustrating.

Even my 10 year old who is star wars mad doesn't want to play it much.

okenemem

511 posts

142 months

Friday 29th November
quotequote all
so dissapointed that the bodies dont chop in half from the light saber

Lazadude

1,570 posts

109 months

Friday 29th November
quotequote all
okenemem said:
so dissapointed that the bodies dont chop in half from the light saber
Its done on purpose. Specific finishing moves and boses end with limbs etc being cut off but generic enemies done. Its to make amputations special / mark specific moments.

Jcwjosh

153 posts

60 months

Friday 29th November
quotequote all
Never really been into star wars games but like the look of this.

Is it worth it if you have a standard xbox one ? Or do you need the X and a 4k tv to get the full experience