Which console is right for me

Which console is right for me

Author
Discussion

Chicken Chaser

6,381 posts

191 months

Sunday 23rd July 2017
quotequote all
Considering buying a console again, after previously selling my last Xbox one through lack of use.

Main criticism was the fact that every time I switched it on, it would want to update and then take more than 30 minutes doing so, eating into my limited playing time on an evening once child was in bed.

I know the One X is due out November, but thats 4 months away. There doesnt seem to be many One S deals on at the moment compared to last couple of months where they were packaging 4 games with it for under £200.

I'll mainly be playing Battlefield or the occasional racing game. Is it worth looking at a PS4 instead?

Douglas Quaid

1,322 posts

52 months

Sunday 23rd July 2017
quotequote all
Chicken Chaser said:
Considering buying a console again, after previously selling my last Xbox one through lack of use.

Main criticism was the fact that every time I switched it on, it would want to update and then take more than 30 minutes doing so, eating into my limited playing time on an evening once child was in bed.

I know the One X is due out November, but thats 4 months away. There doesnt seem to be many One S deals on at the moment compared to last couple of months where they were packaging 4 games with it for under £200.

I'll mainly be playing Battlefield or the occasional racing game. Is it worth looking at a PS4 instead?
Why didn't you leave it on auto update? It does it in the background then.

Chicken Chaser

6,381 posts

191 months

Sunday 23rd July 2017
quotequote all
Douglas Quaid said:
Why didn't you leave it on auto update? It does it in the background then.
Is that the setting where its constantly listening? Big Brother worries me...

EthanTrammell

4 posts

43 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
I personally like to play online mostly and my favorite console is the Xbox one. Great gaming quality experience.

jmorgan

36,010 posts

251 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
Might be a daft question but PS4 does not play 4k films, as far as I can work out, Xbox does? Does the PS4 play 1080p films?

Halb

51,733 posts

150 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
With the new Zelda game, time to get the switch.

jmorgan

36,010 posts

251 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
After 4k where I can, and Fallout 4 at least.

Edit. Sony seem tricky on their web site, stream 4k but no 4k bluray? OK, now saw a rumour of PS5.......


Oh hell. Leave it for a while perhaps.

Edited by jmorgan on Wednesday 25th April 11:12

Pommy

11,880 posts

183 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
I bought an xbox one and wish id bought a PS4.

I loved Forza so xbox it was but those games arent as good any more and so am left with what is a confusing interface and there are better console specific games on the PS4

CooperS

4,279 posts

186 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
I thought only the pro can stream in 4k

jmorgan

36,010 posts

251 months

Wednesday 25th April 2018
quotequote all
CooperS said:
I thought only the pro can stream in 4k
Yeah, sorry. Simple re wording of my search got the results (then found loads of articles on it), stream but no disk player. No major biggy.



williamp

17,773 posts

240 months

Sunday 28th October 2018
quotequote all
Hi all,

Is this information still valid? Were buying a console for christmas. We want it for two children 4 and 7, and us. I loved playing games on my Pc-doom, duke nukem, grand prix legends etc but I am about 15 years out of date (!!!!!).

Narcisus

6,314 posts

247 months

Sunday 28th October 2018
quotequote all
williamp said:
Hi all,

Is this information still valid? Were buying a console for christmas. We want it for two children 4 and 7, and us. I loved playing games on my Pc-doom, duke nukem, grand prix legends etc but I am about 15 years out of date (!!!!!).
Have a careful look at all the consoles before you buy your Xbox One X biggrin

RobDickinson

30,853 posts

221 months

Sunday 28th October 2018
quotequote all
Oh good thread.

Might want rdr2, no master race version so might have to get a console.

Xbox one x looks like the best? Most power, uhd br?

Halb

51,733 posts

150 months

Sunday 28th October 2018
quotequote all
I still only play yuri's revenge and generals zero hour

vindaloo79

627 posts

47 months

Sunday 28th October 2018
quotequote all
williamp said:
Hi all,

Is this information still valid? Were buying a console for christmas. We want it for two children 4 and 7, and us. I loved playing games on my Pc-doom, duke nukem, grand prix legends etc but I am about 15 years out of date (!!!!!).
Get a nintendo Switch, great fun and you can sell most games with low depreciation i have found. Playing Zelda and selling losing about £8 for example was nice to get it early on.

Mario Kart and Splatoon are great fun.

Halb

51,733 posts

150 months

Wednesday 14th August 2019
quotequote all
Which console should you go for; SNES or Megadrive?
Cinemassacre Plays Published on 18 Mar 2015
Sega Genesis vs Super Nintendo - SNES vs GENESIS
https://youtu.be/T_MOqHyCUEc

mattb46

137 posts

102 months

Saturday 30th November 2019
quotequote all
Im just about to buy a Switch for the children for Christmas but want to get it right. It will be mainly for my son who is 8 but I need to keep my daughter happy too, who is 11 but wants a Wii.

Can people recommend some really good games that both will enjoy?

Also are there optional extras that I should be buying now that will make owning one easier/better?

Thanks for any help

Halb

51,733 posts

150 months

Saturday 30th November 2019
quotequote all
mattb46 said:
Im just about to buy a Switch for the children for Christmas but want to get it right. It will be mainly for my son who is 8 but I need to keep my daughter happy too, who is 11 but wants a Wii.
The Switch is the replacement for the wii, isn't it?

mattb46

137 posts

102 months

Saturday 30th November 2019
quotequote all
Oh, thanks. I know naff all about consoles

ArnoldKMB

1 posts

17 months

Wednesday 19th February 2020
quotequote all
I would choose PS4 Pro in your place