BMW specialists around Bristol?

BMW specialists around Bristol?

Author
Discussion

sebhaque

Original Poster:

5,923 posts

150 months

Wednesday 17th August 2011
quotequote all
Just got a new car (E46 M3), was interested to know if any local BMW drivers can offer me some advice on some decent garages to take the car to once it needs a service? Not due for a while yet but I'd rather find out sooner than later!

Cheers.

miniman

22,464 posts

231 months

Wednesday 17th August 2011
quotequote all
Neil Garner at Kemble is worth a visit, or Stu at Forza West, Chepstow.

sebhaque

Original Poster:

5,923 posts

150 months

Wednesday 17th August 2011
quotequote all
Does Neil do BMWs as well? Hurrah, another excuse to drive their GTI!

RT/M

265 posts

173 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
I used to take my ex gf`s car to Wheelbase in Fishponds they specialise in BMW`s they seemed reasonable never had any problems with them.

miniman

22,464 posts

231 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
sebhaque said:
Does Neil do BMWs as well? Hurrah, another excuse to drive their GTI!
Yep, Neil is ex-BMW.

Pulse

10,845 posts

187 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
I believe Forza West (although a bit out of Bristol) may get a few recommendations on here. Never been to them myself, but Stuart was very helpful when I needed some advice (FOC).

miniman

22,464 posts

231 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
Pulse said:
I believe Forza West (although a bit out of Bristol) may get a few recommendations on here. Never been to them myself, but Stuart was very helpful when I needed some advice (FOC).
Stu serviced my Chim - excellent overall.

AngryApples

5,449 posts

234 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
Also recommend Stu at Forza West

He's carried out 80,000 miles worth of services on my E46 M3 (including a head gasket change)

All carried out with good attention top detail and VERY reasonable prices

He's recently moved into larger premises (literally across the road from where he was) as he was constantly drowning in cars (especially TVR's!) in the old place

Stu is also a PH'er himself (van is absoltely plastered in smileys)

neil_bolton

17,113 posts

233 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
AngryApples said:
Also recommend Stu at Forza West

He's carried out 80,000 miles worth of services on my E46 M3 (including a head gasket change)

All carried out with good attention top detail and VERY reasonable prices

He's recently moved into larger premises (literally across the road from where he was) as he was constantly drowning in cars (especially TVR's!) in the old place

Stu is also a PH'er himself (van is absoltely plastered in smileys)
Absolutely 100% agree.

I wouldn't take the M or any other BMW anywhere else. Actually in fact, any car would go to him. Cheap, quick and very VERY knowledgable.

m444ttb

3,140 posts

198 months

Thursday 18th August 2011
quotequote all
Redish Motorsport in Bristol. The only place I'll ever take any of my BMW's.

T350 Al

589 posts

160 months

Friday 19th August 2011
quotequote all
neil_bolton said:
AngryApples said:
Also recommend Stu at Forza West

He's carried out 80,000 miles worth of services on my E46 M3 (including a head gasket change)

All carried out with good attention top detail and VERY reasonable prices

He's recently moved into larger premises (literally across the road from where he was) as he was constantly drowning in cars (especially TVR's!) in the old place

Stu is also a PH'er himself (van is absoltely plastered in smileys)
Absolutely 100% agree.

I wouldn't take the M or any other BMW anywhere else. Actually in fact, any car would go to him. Cheap, quick and very VERY knowledgable.
Forza have looked after our TVR for the past 3 years and they've been brilliant. They've recently moved into bigger premises at the front of the industrial estate due to the huge demand for their services. Last month the place was overflowing with BMWs and TVRs!

Massive thumbs-up from me.

RT/M

265 posts

173 months

Monday 3rd October 2011
quotequote all
Had some work done on my X5 at Forza south west Chepstow today, excellent job done. Stu was very Knowlegable and helpful of my car also very reasonably priced.

optimax sniffer

1,812 posts

184 months

Tuesday 4th October 2011
quotequote all
Another vote for Stu & Forza West

ojo

162 posts

217 months

Tuesday 4th October 2011
quotequote all
You can't beat James Redish - top bloke redish-motorsport.com

deadscoob

2,181 posts

229 months

Monday 5th December 2016
quotequote all
Bit of a thread resurrection this....

Looking for a decent specialist around Bristol, other than Forza GB which is why I'm looking....smile

Cheers

CaptainSensib1e

1,403 posts

190 months

Monday 5th December 2016
quotequote all
There's one near me in Winford called Sutherland Specialist cars. Never used them so cannot vouch for them.

Allanv

3,521 posts

155 months

Monday 5th December 2016
quotequote all
CaptainSensib1e said:
There's one near me in Winford called Sutherland Specialist cars. Never used them so cannot vouch for them.
I have and will vouch for them. speak to Dave.

Six Fiend

6,067 posts

184 months

Friday 9th December 2016
quotequote all
Both Huff and I use Mill Lane Automotive at Warmley.

No work carried out unnecessarily, sensible rates, great to deal with.

http://www.milllaneautomotive.co.uk/



F1 ASBO

426 posts

88 months

Sunday 11th December 2016
quotequote all
There is a BMW specialist in Chipping Sodbury (BS37 about 12 miles from Bristol centre) run by John Allen an ex-BMW main dealer service manager with more years experience than I care to mention! It's called Autobase 01454 314100 He does my X5. http://autobasebristol.co.uk/

Then there is Clayton cars who I would still use if I had not moved out of town. Probably the most well know BMW specialist in Bristol. I think they are still running 0117 963 1699 is the number still in my phone but best Google them as it's been a while since I rang them. They are who I would use if I were actually in Bristol. http://www.claytoncars.co.uk/

There was one in Fishponds area but I think they shut down a few years ago.

outofstepuk

1,210 posts

121 months

Monday 12th December 2016
quotequote all
F1 ASBO said:
There is a BMW specialist in Chipping Sodbury (BS37 about 12 miles from Bristol centre) run by John Allen an ex-BMW main dealer service manager with more years experience than I care to mention! It's called Autobase 01454 314100 He does my X5. http://autobasebristol.co.uk/

Then there is Clayton cars who I would still use if I had not moved out of town. Probably the most well know BMW specialist in Bristol. I think they are still running 0117 963 1699 is the number still in my phone but best Google them as it's been a while since I rang them. They are who I would use if I were actually in Bristol. http://www.claytoncars.co.uk/

There was one in Fishponds area but I think they shut down a few years ago.
I had a troublesome 8 series, which went to Chipping Sodbury. Basically, they couldn't figure out the problem and didn't want to investigate further. Drove it away and made it less than a mile before it had to be towed.

It eventually went to M. A. Engineering in Brislington. They got to the bottom of it and did the engine swap that was needed. Mike is ex-BMW and I take the BMW and other cars to them. Highly recommended.