Next PH East Anglian gathering 25th July

Next PH East Anglian gathering 25th July

Author
Discussion

iandbeech

Original Poster:

2,709 posts

190 months

Tuesday 13th July 2004
quotequote all
For the usual informal "jolly" and beef-fest plus beer binge Oh alright, driving so lemonade it is!!

The Flying Fortress, Suffolk. Tel: 01284-787665
Postcode: IP31 2QU for www.multimap.com

Around 1-1:30pm

Anyone who hasn`t been to this gathering yet, don`t be shy, it`s just a pleasant way to pass a few hours on a Sunday afternoon in the company of PHers and their machinery.

Word of advice - if you want to sample the pubs carvery before they run out, ensure you get there before Simon and his Ultima

Nick P

29,977 posts

183 months

Wednesday 14th July 2004
quotequote all
Sorry chaps, can't make this one...I'm off to Donington to see Valentino Rossi and his chums entertain me with some Moto GP
(and NO, I don't have to take Darcy with me!!!)

simpo two

69,356 posts

197 months

Wednesday 14th July 2004
quotequote all
Yep, I'll be there - and will remember to get a dessert this time (forgot due to too much talking about cars last time, doh)

iandbeech

Original Poster:

2,709 posts

190 months

Wednesday 14th July 2004
quotequote all
Nick P said:
Sorry chaps, can't make this one...I'm off to Donington to see Valentino Rossi and his chums entertain me with some Moto GP
(and NO, I don't have to take Darcy with me!!!)


Hmm I haven`t heard those Ducatis in "the flesh" yet

And it`s WSBK at Brands the week after as well

tuxman

8,953 posts

170 months

Wednesday 14th July 2004
quotequote all
don't worry there will be plenty of food can't make it at le-mans classic for 4 days in ultima [praying for sunshine] have a good meet simon
Advertisement

Nick P

29,977 posts

183 months

Wednesday 14th July 2004
quotequote all
iandbeech said:

Hmm I haven`t heard those Ducatis in "the flesh" yet

And it`s WSBK at Brands the week after as well


I'm really excited about seeing Rossi and Gibernau going at it hammer and tongs
and apparently the Bikes are even LOUDER this year

john75

5,303 posts

179 months

Thursday 15th July 2004
quotequote all
Will do my bset to make this one !!!

Blue-Lightning

416 posts

171 months

Monday 19th July 2004
quotequote all
Sorry, we can't make this one...away on holiday, see you all next time.

Big_M

5,602 posts

195 months

Thursday 22nd July 2004
quotequote all
Trying to convince Mr Big that we should be going to this on Sunday. Better than sitting indoors watching the German GP. Weather report is looking good as well.

Any assistance in convincing him would be good guys.

simpo two

69,356 posts

197 months

Thursday 22nd July 2004
quotequote all
Big_M said:
Trying to convince Mr Big that we should be going to this on Sunday. Better than sitting indoors watching the German GP. Weather report is looking good as well. Any assistance in convincing him would be good guys.


1) Schumacher will win, so save 2 hours of your life (or video it)
2) If he likes beef, the FF is the place to be

pbrett

11,791 posts

172 months

Thursday 22nd July 2004
quotequote all
I'm near Norwich over Saturday night so I may drop in on the way home to sunny Essex.

iandbeech

Original Poster:

2,709 posts

190 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
simpo two said:

Big_M said:
Trying to convince Mr Big that we should be going to this on Sunday. Better than sitting indoors watching the German GP. Weather report is looking good as well. Any assistance in convincing him would be good guys.



1) Schumacher will win, so save 2 hours of your life (or video it)
2) If he likes beef, the FF is the place to be


Agree with that entirely, the weather is looking good and it`s a very pleasant pub in good surroundings - apart from meeting other PHers

I am helping my parents to move over this weekend but will try and "skive" off for a few hours

tjdixon911

1,867 posts

169 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
Hi, first post, I may be able to make this with a bit of luck, notice its an 01284 number so can't be too far away from me! I'm in Newmarket!

How many people are you expecting?

unity1

271 posts

184 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
Bugger, I'm not going to make this one either. Flying boulders have done a good job redesigning my screen and I cannot get it replaced until next week.

simpo two

69,356 posts

197 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
tjdixon911 said:
How many people are you expecting?

It varies - last time we had about a dozen assorted cars; it's just an informal gathering and you'd be very welcome

iandbeech

Original Poster:

2,709 posts

190 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
tjdixon911 said:
Hi, first post, I may be able to make this with a bit of luck, notice its an 01284 number so can't be too far away from me! I'm in Newmarket!

How many people are you expecting?


Welcome to Pistonheads Seems to alternate between 10 and 20 as a norm, and has so far been a good mix of cars!

tjdixon911

1,867 posts

169 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
Ok, what time do you tend to stay at the FF till, I have car racing in the morning (models) and will hopefully be over after that, (About 2ish) Think my mate in his elise will be coming too!

iandbeech

Original Poster:

2,709 posts

190 months

Friday 23rd July 2004
quotequote all
tjdixon911 said:
Ok, what time do you tend to stay at the FF till, I have car racing in the morning (models) and will hopefully be over after that, (About 2ish) Think my mate in his elise will be coming too!


People tend to have a good lunch and the early birds tend to start wandering off after 3 with some still there past 5 when I`ve generally departed Some get there later on anyway. Nothings fixed.

tjdixon911

1,867 posts

169 months

Saturday 24th July 2004
quotequote all
Wil defnatley be there! Looks like their will be another two with me the Elise as mentioned and another Boxster.

See you tomorrow...

simpo two

69,356 posts

197 months

Saturday 24th July 2004
quotequote all
tjdixon911 said:
Wil defnatley be there! Looks like their will be another two with me the Elise as mentioned and another Boxster. See you tomorrow...

Blimey, three for the price of one! You must be after a PH sticker or something