PH G2L deal Meg 280 owners ?

PH G2L deal Meg 280 owners ?

Author
Discussion

Rob_F

4,049 posts

225 months

Saturday 22nd February 2020
quotequote all
g40steve said:
Awaits the drive it like you stole it comments smilesmile
whistle

g40steve said:
Is this one of the 280's what condition did it arrive in?
Mate who got his via leasehub deals was not impressed........
Unfortunately, mine wasn't exactly fantastic. The delivery driver seemed a good guy and promises made to send someone out to resolve so fingers crossed. Be interested in how your mate gets on?

On the upside, the drive today cemented my first thoughts - a really great car. Very lively to drive on a badly surfaced road due to the diff, i don't remember my old R26 sniffing out hedgerows quite so excitedly but I enjoyed the engagement of it. The exhaust also makes a lovely noise. Interior is not exactly class leading but the key parts - seats, wheel, are particularly good actually.

I'm really thrilled with it, which has helped soften the slight aggravation of it not being perfect on arrival - which isn't the cars fault of course.

Rob

Luke.

9,168 posts

211 months

Saturday 22nd February 2020
quotequote all
What was wrong with it on arrival, Rob?

Unlight

473 posts

141 months

Saturday 22nd February 2020
quotequote all
Yes would be interesting to hear what’s wrong on arrival? Who was the dealer??

orangeaddikt

8 posts

30 months

Sunday 23rd February 2020
quotequote all
I too am also interested in the condition on delivery! Mine is on Wednesday.

Think its Fish Bros Swindon who are the supplying dealer. Was it driven or trailered?


Luke.

9,168 posts

211 months

Sunday 23rd February 2020
quotequote all
C'mon Rob, we're all waiting..... smile

Rob_F

4,049 posts

225 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
I wanted to wait for the supplying dealer to get in touch and see what their response was before saying too much. But after car being delivered at 9.30am Friday have heard nothing so far.....

G2L been in touch to say they will follow up, so fingers crossed 👍


Unlight

473 posts

141 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
I wanted to wait for the supplying dealer to get in touch and see what their response was before saying too much. But after car being delivered at 9.30am Friday have heard nothing so far.....

G2L been in touch to say they will follow up, so fingers crossed ??
Any clues? Might be a help to those getting deliveries this week!

Luke.

9,168 posts

211 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Unlight said:
Any clues? Might be a help to those getting deliveries this week!
Or even private message us?

Frimley111R

11,142 posts

195 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
i don't remember my old R26 sniffing out hedgerows quite so excitedly but I enjoyed the engagement of it.
I probably did! Mine does. I describe it as a car that moves in all four directions at once hehe. I'm sure you 280 doesn't.

Rob_F

4,049 posts

225 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Okay to answer the folks above: really don't worry, it's a car, just look around it as you would any car being delivered and mark any issues clearly. My car looks like it was sitting a long time and also had some very light damage to a bumper.

Still haven't had any contact from supplying dealer which is disappointing.

In terms of the car following camber I assure you it is just as lively if not more so than my R26. It's great. Really good. I love it and very happy.


Unlight

473 posts

141 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
Okay to answer the folks above: really don't worry, it's a car, just look around it as you would any car being delivered and mark any issues clearly. My car looks like it was sitting a long time and also had some very light damage to a bumper.

Still haven't had any contact from supplying dealer which is disappointing.

In terms of the car following camber I assure you it is just as lively if not more so than my R26. It's great. Really good. I love it and very happy.
Thanks, could you be any more specific as to what to look for as terms to that it’s been sitting for a while? With weather supposed to be awful this week I’m concerned I might miss something!

orangeaddikt

8 posts

30 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Was it driven or trailered?

How many miles on the clock?

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

123 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Mines due for delivery tomorrow & weather is shocking.
Going to be signing papers unable to assess body condition due to filth.
Lots of photos of car & delivery driver as back up.
Roads near me are covered in deep pot holes so not confident on a car being driven from Reading area to Leics is going to arrive unscathed??

Unlight

473 posts

141 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
g40steve said:
Mines due for delivery tomorrow & weather is shocking.
Going to be signing papers unable to assess body condition due to filth.
Lots of photos of car & delivery driver as back up.
Roads near me are covered in deep pot holes so not confident on a car being driven from Reading area to Leics is going to arrive unscathed??
Sent you a message...

LegendaryGiT

43 posts

32 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
G40Steve - I have got a log in! lol

Yes, I'm another, and the car came in a complete mess. Came from Swindon (Fish Brothers - which is comical as I'm in Grimsby haha!)

Utterly filthy and all muck was vertical - so standing muck. Had as best as look around as I could - and didn't find owt. Stupidly didn't drive it before signing for it - BIG mistake.

1 day and 3 miles later:-

Rattles galore, condensated headlights and rust patch on the exhaust trim. Immediately complained to Leasehub (subsidiary of G2L) and the chap was very apologetic - but told me to take it to the local dealer (who is known to be crap anyway).

Couldn't see the car for 9 days (here we go - I thought).

2 days later, the interior light pod fell down!



Clip was missing and an alarm control box was stuffed between the bracket and roof. Full on bodge job.

Once finally in at the local place, they falled to sort it correctly - wasn't bothered with it - had never seen a Megane RS before... ACE!

They did sort the exhaust and the lights had cleared themselves.

Other rattle is from the B-Pillar Airbag area.

As they couldn't sort the lighting console area out - I have myself, and I'm charging my time back to Renault UK with a full on rant on how naff the experience has been till I sorted it myself. Like a good rant, me!

Now it's almost fully sorted, I can enjoy it.

Race Mode exhaust sound is asbo-funny! Oh, and the engine DRINKS!

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

123 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Unlight said:
Sent you a message...
Cheers will update when it arrives beer

Luke.

9,168 posts

211 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Well this all certainly putting a dampener on things. Are all these so far the 280s?

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

123 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
LegendaryGiT said:
G40Steve - I have got a log in! lol

Yes, I'm another, and the car came in a complete mess. Came from Swindon (Fish Brothers - which is comical as I'm in Grimsby haha!)

Utterly filthy and all muck was vertical - so standing muck. Had as best as look around as I could - and didn't find owt. Stupidly didn't drive it before signing for it - BIG mistake.

1 day and 3 miles later:-

Rattles galore, condensated headlights and rust patch on the exhaust trim. Immediately complained to Leasehub (subsidiary of G2L) and the chap was very apologetic - but told me to take it to the local dealer (who is known to be crap anyway).

Couldn't see the car for 9 days (here we go - I thought).

2 days later, the interior light pod fell down!



Clip was missing and an alarm control box was stuffed between the bracket and roof. Full on bodge job.

Once finally in at the local place, they falled to sort it correctly - wasn't bothered with it - had never seen a Megane RS before... ACE!

They did sort the exhaust and the lights had cleared themselves.

Other rattle is from the B-Pillar Airbag area.

As they couldn't sort the lighting console area out - I have myself, and I'm charging my time back to Renault UK with a full on rant on how naff the experience has been till I sorted it myself. Like a good rant, me!

Now it's almost fully sorted, I can enjoy it.

Race Mode exhaust sound is asbo-funny! Oh, and the engine DRINKS!
Cheers just replied to your pm on CS?

Hoping for a positive experience otherwise moan

Luckily my local Renault garage is on my doorstep & their super tech is a good friend wink

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

123 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all
Clarify ‘drinks’?

Oil or fuel?

My Abarth 124 only averaged 26ish, sport mode & flappy manual didn’t help.

LegendaryGiT

43 posts

32 months

Monday 24th February 2020
quotequote all






For me, it was a mix of the utterly non-existent prep by Fish Brothers, the cheek that Leasehub weren't fully checking this out and the crapness of my local dealer.

I'll let you know Ren UK's feelings when they find out. I've had the car 2 weeks tomorrow btw.