What have you done to your Mini today ?

What have you done to your Mini today ?

Author
Discussion

gaz132

263 posts

210 months

Tuesday 22nd May 2018
quotequote all
gaz132 said:
Over the past week I've fitted UJ rear lights & (with the help of Dr Interceptor) cleared the rear brake lights error codes. Fitted black front & rear light surrounds and black grill surround.
Fitted an ITG air filter & a side sun visor.




Edited by gaz132 on Wednesday 23 May 07:34

addz86

1,304 posts

154 months

Tuesday 22nd May 2018
quotequote all
Insured the GP for another year and checked it was still in the garage, I really should get it out for a thrash more often


timbo999

983 posts

223 months

Sunday 27th May 2018
quotequote all
Had SR&R bleed the brakes for me after my Brands day left the pedal a bit long...

Looking forward to the day at Dunsfold next weekend, then Snetters later in the month and Anglesey in July...

Deep Thought

29,081 posts

165 months

Sunday 27th May 2018
quotequote all
gaz132 said:
Fitted an ITG air filter & a side sun visor.
Is your headlining anthracite? Do you have a part number or how best do i approach finding this with the dealers service department?

Trustmeimadoctor

7,003 posts

123 months

Sunday 27th May 2018
quotequote all
It's different if you have the panoramic roof too I was planning on doing both sides but forgot lol

It's on here http://www.bmw-etk.info/parts-catalog/flt/AS/Mini/...

toffee

121 posts

186 months

Sunday 27th May 2018
quotequote all
Picked up my 'new' car smile


gaz132

263 posts

210 months

Monday 28th May 2018
quotequote all
Deep Thought said:
Is your headlining anthracite? Do you have a part number or how best do i approach finding this with the dealers service department?
Yes non sun roof Part No M51.16.7.375.954 Anthracite sun visor. I got mine from Cotswold MINI.

Deep Thought

29,081 posts

165 months

Monday 28th May 2018
quotequote all
gaz132 said:
Deep Thought said:
Is your headlining anthracite? Do you have a part number or how best do i approach finding this with the dealers service department?
Yes non sun roof Part No M51.16.7.375.954 Anthracite sun visor. I got mine from Cotswold MINI.
Thank you. smile

Is there any other bits required or just that one?

gaz132

263 posts

210 months

Tuesday 29th May 2018
quotequote all
Deep Thought said:
Thank you. smile

Is there any other bits required or just that one?
You're welcome. That's all you need. To fit, you need to remove the entire fitting that clips into the roof lining. Pop out the round blanking discs on the fitting to reveal two holes. I used long nose pliers to poke into the holes to squeeze two metal lugs together (one in each hole). The fitting just pulls out. The visor just clips in & can only fit one way.

Deep Thought

29,081 posts

165 months

Tuesday 29th May 2018
quotequote all
gaz132 said:
Deep Thought said:
Thank you. smile

Is there any other bits required or just that one?
You're welcome. That's all you need. To fit, you need to remove the entire fitting that clips into the roof lining. Pop out the round blanking discs on the fitting to reveal two holes. I used long nose pliers to poke into the holes to squeeze two metal lugs together (one in each hole). The fitting just pulls out. The visor just clips in & can only fit one way.
Thats fantastic. Thank you. I will get on to my local dealers here and get it ordered up smile

cerb4.5lee

19,661 posts

148 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
Trustmeimadoctor said:
Today just the facelift black grill surround
Before


And after finally now all chrome is black hurrah
I've finally got around to changing the front and rear light surrounds on mine from chrome to black and now fancy doing the front grill too. How easy was it to fit please and did you have to remove the whole front bumper. Thanks. smile

Trustmeimadoctor

7,003 posts

123 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
I would suggest yes its much easier with bumper removed. I didnt that time as id already broken some clips from first time wrapping it

superlightr

11,291 posts

231 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
toffee said:
Picked up my 'new' car smile

wow stunning combi -

cerb4.5lee

19,661 posts

148 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
Trustmeimadoctor said:
I would suggest yes its much easier with bumper removed. I didnt that time as id already broken some clips from first time wrapping it
Okay, cheers. thumbup

Trustmeimadoctor

7,003 posts

123 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
Its very easy to remove bumper tho

cerb4.5lee

19,661 posts

148 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
Trustmeimadoctor said:
Its very easy to remove bumper tho
It needs to be with my lack of spanner skills! hehe

gaz132

263 posts

210 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
cerb4.5lee said:
It needs to be with my lack of spanner skills! hehe
If I managed it then anyone can biggrin

cerb4.5lee

19,661 posts

148 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
gaz132 said:
cerb4.5lee said:
It needs to be with my lack of spanner skills! hehe
If I managed it then anyone can biggrin
Yours does look well smart. cool I'll probably end up bottling it when it arrives...and order the stick on one instead! biglaugh

S2r

485 posts

46 months

Saturday 2nd June 2018
quotequote all
Well, I bought one, a 2004 cooper convertible for less than shed money, spent 3 hours cleaning it, found out that the key fobs and the tyre pressure reset button don't work, discovered that the service indicator says 'service in -14100 miles', checked the oil which was brown and low, noticed the plastic bit up the passenger windscreen was chipped and was pleasantly surprised to find it had the Harman Kardon speakers, cruise control and a pair of Yokohamas on the front... a busy day !

Plans for the next week include new oils and filters, have a look underneath and see if I can remove the plastic bit around the handbrake to remove the cat hair !



Edited by S2r on Saturday 2nd June 21:07

steve-5snwi

Original Poster:

5,754 posts

61 months

Saturday 2nd June 2018
quotequote all
That doesn't look a bad convertible for shed money, i looked at picking one up for the wife but in the end we went for an F57 Cooper S.