F56 JCW 1st service how much???

F56 JCW 1st service how much???

Author
Discussion

GT4P

Original Poster:

3,964 posts

141 months

Saturday 4th July
quotequote all
So our F56 JCW is due its first service which basically an oil change and our local BMW/Mini dealership want to charge £292 plus an extra £10 due to covid cleaning interior which is a liberty as our other car had its oil changed at national tyres and Halfords for tyres this week with no extra!
Well we are moving soon and so I might wait and use another ie Rybrook is not far from us, any one used?
I expected to pay circa £200 but not £300......

rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Saturday 4th July
quotequote all
First service oil change? Didn't think that was done till year two.

stevemcs

4,594 posts

49 months

Saturday 4th July
quotequote all
First service is oil and micro filter, Mini seem to have put the price of the microfilter up to something stupid. Realistically £150 should cover it, try outside the Mini main dealer.

blue al

233 posts

115 months

Sunday 5th July
quotequote all
I’d be inclined to suck up the mini rate if still in warranty, never looks good on a second hand car if the the 1st stamp is outside the dealer network imho. (Yes book it into rybrook for when you move)
Although I have also Had good rates in the past from bmw main dealers, but normally past 3 years old, so that might be an option if you feel your still being taken advantage of, also I recall you can still buy a service plan before 1st service (not sure if that is still current) which will work out cheaper over the medium term

Edited by blue al on Sunday 5th July 09:53

STEVE ST

1 posts

1 month

Sunday 5th July
quotequote all
Hi My Mini JCW has just had its first service and it was £365 I booked it ages ago online because of COVID-19 the dealership was closed price £314. When I picked the car up I was charged £365 as on the first service should include the Microfilter. So engine oil change, Microfilter change & Brake Fluid change.

Hope this helps.

Steve

blue al

233 posts

115 months

Sunday 5th July
quotequote all
You don’t need a micro filter....by time or mileage, It’s not helping your car last any longer
Perhaps by location if city centre commute surrounded by buses taxis etc,
Or if you have a massive pollen phobia out in the sticks.

Have a look at it, and if needed diy a branded substitute like Mann etc for half the money.

For my R53 I ran without it for better induction and supercharger whine.
With a big sunroof I figured what actual good is it doing anyway?

Drekly

126 posts

14 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
Paid £160 inc VAT for an oil change and microfilter change service at a main dealer on my 2013 Cooper S just last month. Was a while you wait job.
Do older cars get a discount or does your JCW service include other stuff that hasn't been disclosed? Apart from taking a little bit more oil I can't see why it would cost nearly double. I had no Covid19 surcharge either.

PSRG

406 posts

82 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
I have been quoted £267 for a first service (including micro filter) by MINI in Portsmouth (Snows). The micro filter is probably not needed...I think it was £189 without - but as its 2 years old and it’s the first service I think it’s cheap enough to follow the service recommendation to the book. Poor lay won’t bother next time though, but that’s unlikely to be until it’s 4 years old...

Maracus

3,538 posts

124 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
Drekly said:
Paid £160 inc VAT for an oil change and microfilter change service at a main dealer on my 2013 Cooper S just last month. Was a while you wait job.
Do older cars get a discount or does your JCW service include other stuff that hasn't been disclosed? Apart from taking a little bit more oil I can't see why it would cost nearly double. I had no Covid19 surcharge either.
I still use the Main Dealer for my 2010 Cooper S as there are significant discounts for older cars. Cheaper than an Indy.

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/owners/book-your...

cerb4.5lee

15,646 posts

136 months

Friday 17th July
quotequote all
GT4P said:
So our F56 JCW is due its first service which basically an oil change and our local BMW/Mini dealership want to charge £292
That does seem expensive to me. My first service on the F56 Cooper S which included oil/filter change and microfilter change came to £149 at my local Mini main dealer. That seems a lot extra in cash for the JCW when it shares the same engine as the Cooper S to me.

rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Friday 17th July
quotequote all
Maracus said:
Drekly said:
Paid £160 inc VAT for an oil change and microfilter change service at a main dealer on my 2013 Cooper S just last month. Was a while you wait job.
Do older cars get a discount or does your JCW service include other stuff that hasn't been disclosed? Apart from taking a little bit more oil I can't see why it would cost nearly double. I had no Covid19 surcharge either.
I still use the Main Dealer for my 2010 Cooper S as there are significant discounts for older cars. Cheaper than an Indy.

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/owners/book-your...
Just done a quote for my 2010 jcw at local Sytner ...... ill stick with my Indy going on what they are asking.