Honda appreciation thread

Honda appreciation thread

Author
Discussion

Leftfootwonder

Original Poster:

317 posts

14 months

Tuesday 30th June
quotequote all
Hi all,

Other marque forums have a picture a day or something similar and I'm surprised there isn't a Honda one given some of the great drivers' cars they have produced over the years, so I'll start the ball rolling...


20 Years old and still going strong!

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Tuesday 30th June
quotequote all

griffter

3,445 posts

211 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all


Fresh outta Lockdown

itsnotarace

4,413 posts

165 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all








Leftfootwonder

Original Poster:

317 posts

14 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
itsnotarace said:
Nice!! Was this Japfest?

itsnotarace

4,413 posts

165 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
It was for a book commissioned by Honda France - https://honda-typer-book.com/en/product/honda-type...

Got plenty of photos that day, and loads of other Honda events from over the years so may post a few more later

Leftfootwonder

Original Poster:

317 posts

14 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
itsnotarace said:
It was for a book commissioned by Honda France - https://honda-typer-book.com/en/product/honda-type...

Got plenty of photos that day, and loads of other Honda events from over the years so may post a few more later
I can't believe I didn't know about this! It's sold out frown

Defo post some more if you get a chance. thumbup

SKM1984

126 posts

105 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Can't beat a good ATR

i'm on my 3rd

first was a red S reg which had a few bolt ons but realised it had the wrong gearbox (prelude box)
second was a red V reg built by vtec direct to 280bhp with all the bells and whistles

i'm on my 3rd now which is oem+, silver and has some very nice upgrades including the rare red recaro interior

NicheMonkey

337 posts

84 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all

BevR

510 posts

99 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all


My first drive after lock down measures eased a few weeks ago.

itsnotarace

4,413 posts

165 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Leftfootwonder said:
I can't believe I didn't know about this! It's sold out frown
Theres a waiting list for a second edition print run you can add your name to

https://honda-typer-book.com/en/book-the-final-edi...


Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
itsnotarace said:
Leftfootwonder said:
I can't believe I didn't know about this! It's sold out frown
Theres a waiting list for a second edition print run you can add your name to

https://honda-typer-book.com/en/book-the-final-edi...
Stuck my name down!

Leftfootwonder

Original Poster:

317 posts

14 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
itsnotarace said:
Theres a waiting list for a second edition print run you can add your name to

https://honda-typer-book.com/en/book-the-final-edi...
Legend! Thank you.

Leftfootwonder

Original Poster:

317 posts

14 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
BevR said:


My first drive after lock down measures eased a few weeks ago.
Beautiful cloud9

SKM1984 said:
Can't beat a good ATR

i'm on my 3rd

first was a red S reg which had a few bolt ons but realised it had the wrong gearbox (prelude box)
second was a red V reg built by vtec direct to 280bhp with all the bells and whistles

i'm on my 3rd now which is oem+, silver and has some very nice upgrades including the rare red recaro interior
Any pics?

I was thinking of getting my Recaro's re-trimmed in red like the 30th Anniversary/JDM CTR....Never been too sure about the faded-to-green looks but the seats themselves are amazing.

Speed Badger

1,199 posts

73 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
I share my Civic bottom with you.


ChocolateFrog

8,979 posts

129 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
From an era when Honda really were innovators and most definitely an engineering led company.


thatdude

2,315 posts

83 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
I'm a big fan of honda cars. I've not yet owned an "interesting" one, but I had a lot of fun in my civic 1.6 sport (2005), and now I find my 1.8 civic auto a comfortable daily drive, albeit not overly interesting (but I have a 1000 cc bike for fun).



The auto box is a bitagricultural, but the history around honda automatics is somewhat interesting. They wanted to produce one with planatary gearsets etc etc etc, but back then Borg Warner held all the patents, so they couldnt really do it. Instead they bastardised a manual gearbox, replacing the synchros and such with clutch packs, then lobbed in a torque converter.

I would really like the latest Type R (or even the typ R sport line, slightly more conservative styling), but money prevents me from this. However, I'll be 40 in 6 years which is a perfect time for a mid-life crisis.

being a keen motorbikerist, I've got a spot for some Hondas there too - RC30, RC45 but most of all the SP1/SP2. I should have bought an SP2 when prices were much lower, they have shot up in value in recent years.

Edited by thatdude on Wednesday 1st July 15:39


Edited by thatdude on Wednesday 1st July 15:40

BevR

510 posts

99 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
From an era when Honda really were innovators and most definitely an engineering led company.

Always liked these, I know its not the same but if I needed a daily run about I would be looking at a CR-Z.

ChocolateFrog

8,979 posts

129 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
BevR said:
ChocolateFrog said:
From an era when Honda really were innovators and most definitely an engineering led company.

Always liked these, I know its not the same but if I needed a daily run about I would be looking at a CR-Z.
I keep watching crashed EP3 Type R's on Copart and thinking how well one would go with 200hp and 800kg.

Iwantafusca

389 posts

31 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Nothing fancy just a 1.4. This has been a great car so far , very reliable and well put together. Rear visibility isn’t the best though. Car is quite low and the bumpers stick out a bit which has had two issues. 1. Easy to catch the underside on speed bumps (even low ones) and going into country side car parks , gravely roads etc can be nerve inducing. 2. Car was scraped about 3 times in our first year of ownership due to the distance the bumpers protrude ! Of course no notes left !