M2 CS

Author
Discussion

as7920

723 posts

199 months

Tuesday 11th July 2017
quotequote all
Gareth220 said:
......Having gone through the pain, and fortunately having a positive outcome, of getting a new GT3 and having failed to secure a Golf Clubsport S (I bought a Clubsport Edition 40) and having missed out on a M4 GTS, I bought a M3 CP, I have gone through a number of manufacturers allocation processes for in demand vehicles and none has been particularly successful in its application.
Sounds from that description like you're a bit of a speculator. Perhaps that doesn't help. Doesn't seem to affect Shmee150 in the slightest however.

ZX10R NIN

27,357 posts

123 months

Tuesday 11th July 2017
quotequote all
This will be around the 70k mark I know one person who has a paid deposit for a CS but the real tantalising one is the run out edition GTS that's been mooted about.

Gareth220

160 posts

80 months

Tuesday 11th July 2017
quotequote all
as7920 said:
Gareth220 said:
......Having gone through the pain, and fortunately having a positive outcome, of getting a new GT3 and having failed to secure a Golf Clubsport S (I bought a Clubsport Edition 40) and having missed out on a M4 GTS, I bought a M3 CP, I have gone through a number of manufacturers allocation processes for in demand vehicles and none has been particularly successful in its application.
Sounds from that description like you're a bit of a speculator. Perhaps that doesn't help. Doesn't seem to affect Shmee150 in the slightest however.
Absolutely not a speculator. I own my cars for at least 2 years and they all get used. My M3 has done 12000 miles in just under a year, my last GT3 (997)was the highest mileage one in the country when it was sold with 38,000 miles on it. I only picked up the Golf on Saturday, having traded in my 2 year old RSQ3 which had done 31,000 miles and I have just sold my V12 Vantage to make room for the new GT3 and I owned the Aston for just over 2 years and did 7000 miles in it.

I am a true Petrol Head....the chances are very high that I won't ever sell the 991.2 GT3 which arrives in October. The M2 CS will replace my M3, and I will probably keep it for 2-3 years and use it as my daily driver.

There are speculators out there and I resent them as much as anyone else. Waiting and anticipating a build of a special car for as long as I do there is no way I could ever just "flip" the car. I could clear a good chunk of my mortgage if I took up the offers to flip my new GT3 when it arrives in the Autumn, but I have told the dealers that I am not interested...I want the car to enjoy. Same applies to all my other cars !

No....not a speculator !

as7920

723 posts

199 months

Tuesday 11th July 2017
quotequote all
Gareth220 said:
Absolutely not a speculator. I own my cars for at least 2 years and they all get used. My M3 has done 12000 miles in just under a year, my last GT3 (997)was the highest mileage one in the country when it was sold with 38,000 miles on it. I only picked up the Golf on Saturday, having traded in my 2 year old RSQ3 which had done 31,000 miles and I have just sold my V12 Vantage to make room for the new GT3 and I owned the Aston for just over 2 years and did 7000 miles in it.

I am a true Petrol Head....the chances are very high that I won't ever sell the 991.2 GT3 which arrives in October. The M2 CS will replace my M3, and I will probably keep it for 2-3 years and use it as my daily driver.

There are speculators out there and I resent them as much as anyone else. Waiting and anticipating a build of a special car for as long as I do there is no way I could ever just "flip" the car. I could clear a good chunk of my mortgage if I took up the offers to flip my new GT3 when it arrives in the Autumn, but I have told the dealers that I am not interested...I want the car to enjoy. Same applies to all my other cars !

No....not a speculator !
Good to hear, same opinion here. Wasn't trying to cause offence, just the way I read your post.

vsonix

3,858 posts

161 months

Wednesday 12th July 2017
quotequote all
mwstewart said:
Aes87 said:
If BMW put another epic naturally aspirated straight 6, like the one from the nineties in the Z3 M and E36 M3, into the M2 with a proper manual and with the same steering rack as those cars, I would then attempt to sell a non-essential organ to buy one. At the very least ditch the turbos and tweak the 3.0L I say! It won't be as good as the original 3.2, but it will help matters.
Lol. I would do the same. If only!
I very much suspect that were such a car to exist, it would be decried as 'gutless'. Whilst I agree the 3.2 S50B32 is a great engine, it was also quite expensive to maintain and pushing the limit of what was achievable with NA and that displacement whilst still maintaining everyday reliability. Hence the move to a V8 platform on the E9x M3. Personally I didn't really think the V8 was a great choice for the M3 and given the choice of the V8 or a boosted 6 I'd pick the latter.

SoupAnxiety

299 posts

108 months

Wednesday 12th July 2017
quotequote all
I can't put into words how much I want an M2. Perfect proportions, manual gearbox and even though it isn't NA the engine is meant to be a peach. Here's hoping they depreciate like a stone and somebody does 100k+ in one so they fall into my cheapo budget!

nickfrog

20,691 posts

215 months

Wednesday 12th July 2017
quotequote all
SoupAnxiety said:
Here's hoping they depreciate like a stone
Don't hold your breath !

beanoir

1,327 posts

193 months

Wednesday 12th July 2017
quotequote all
70k would be too high price, the car might well drive great (TBC) but the rest of the car is poverty spec 2 series affair and feels quite honestly like a £30k car when you're sat inside it.

Chapppers

4,483 posts

189 months

Thursday 27th July 2017
quotequote all
I've had a deposit down for a "CSL" for quite some time, but my dealer has been very quiet on the matter, and certainly hasn't talked to me recently about any updates.

nbetts

1,455 posts

227 months

Monday 31st July 2017
quotequote all
nickfrog said:
SoupAnxiety said:
Here's hoping they depreciate like a stone
Don't hold your breath !
Falling Nicely... a cracking M Car, i have no doubt - but a great investment it is not.

I would still have one though. smile

Justin-xiyf2

22 posts

88 months

Friday 8th September 2017
quotequote all
I've just registered my interest too. Nothing wrong with the M2 I have but the CS will be way more exclusive. And I like things to be a bit special. Quite a few M2s around my area now.

Alex L

2,575 posts

252 months

Friday 8th September 2017
quotequote all
Has anyone heard anything recently from the dealers where interest/deposits are lodged?

as7920

723 posts

199 months

Friday 8th September 2017
quotequote all
Alex L said:
Has anyone heard anything recently from the dealers where interest/deposits are lodged?
No. My dealer(s) seems to be quite well informed of such things and although he cannot provide any more info, he does let me know and checks in regularly.

It was around this time, when the 1M was launched that dealers were starting to get drip fed with information. The M2 CS seems to have similar timescales for production as the 1M did too.

JMBMWM5

2,281 posts

196 months

Friday 8th September 2017
quotequote all
They are only two seaters I have been told so not for me.

Alex L

2,575 posts

252 months

Friday 8th September 2017
quotequote all
as7920 said:
No. My dealer(s) seems to be quite well informed of such things and although he cannot provide any more info, he does let me know and checks in regularly.

It was around this time, when the 1M was launched that dealers were starting to get drip fed with information. The M2 CS seems to have similar timescales for production as the 1M did too.
I'll drop my contact at Farnborough a line

as7920

723 posts

199 months

Saturday 9th September 2017
quotequote all
JMBMWM5 said:
They are only two seaters I have been told so not for me.
Just exactly how would they position that then? Track day toy?

Need 4 seats myself.

Edited by as7920 on Saturday 9th September 00:10

JMBMWM5

2,281 posts

196 months

Saturday 9th September 2017
quotequote all
as7920 said:
Just exactly how would they position that then? Track day toy?

Need 4 seats myself.

Edited by as7920 on Saturday 9th September 00:10
I need 4 seats too, no good to me.

LaurasOtherHalf

21,429 posts

194 months

Tuesday 19th September 2017
quotequote all
My dealer has insinuated they know the score on these and are starting to take deposits.

RS Grant

1,416 posts

231 months

Tuesday 19th September 2017
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
My dealer has insinuated they know the score on these and are starting to take deposits.
Any more info? Or which dealer is it and I'll get in touch myself... thumbup

topless360

2,763 posts

216 months

Tuesday 19th September 2017
quotequote all
I just dropped my dealer an email today following the CSL rumours circulating yesterday. They haven't had any info as of yet but let's see.
I got my deposit in last year and was the first to do so at that dealer.

The CSL is a more interesting proposition for me than a CS, particularly if they go hardcore and remove the rear seats.