Uk club racing after covid19?

Uk club racing after covid19?

Author
Discussion

n3il123

1,697 posts

168 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
I notice that BSB have just issued their new calendar, 6 rounds starting 7/9 August. I'm guessing that Toca will be next.

Will be interesting how they handle team numbers etc as BSB paddocks are packed with team members/ hanger onners plus all of the other infrastructure.

geeks

5,854 posts

94 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
Drumroll said:
andy97 said:
Drumroll said:
You can't put recovery onto a live circuit without "nuterlising" the race. As we don't do "full course yellows" and no one seems to use code 60 in the UK (currently) then the options are safety car or red flag.
I think CSCC use Code 60
You could be correct, I haven't done a CSCC meeting for about 3 years. Certainly none of the other meetings I have done in that time use it.
Also don't forget some circuits are licensed for live snatch! (fnar fnar!)

n3il123 said:
I notice that BSB have just issued their new calendar, 6 rounds starting 7/9 August. I'm guessing that Toca will be next.

Will be interesting how they handle team numbers etc as BSB paddocks are packed with team members/ hanger onners plus all of the other infrastructure.
BTCC announced a while back...

https://www.btcc.net/calendar-2/

n3il123

1,697 posts

168 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
geeks said:
BTCC announced a while back...

https://www.btcc.net/calendar-2/
Ah ok I missed that, I guess I saw the BSB as I follow a couple of MSV circuits on Facebook.


Zoobeef

4,885 posts

113 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
MSUK to provide £50k of PPE

Dan BSCS

950 posts

191 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
750MC have announced their calendar too now.

LucyP

375 posts

14 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
"Will be interesting how they handle team numbers etc as BSB paddocks are packed with team members/ hanger onners plus all of the other infrastructure."

Stuart Higgs explains it here:
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-vie...

Dan - Are you sure 750MC has announced. There are no actual calendars on their website in spite of what they claim!

geeks

5,854 posts

94 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
LucyP said:
"Will be interesting how they handle team numbers etc as BSB paddocks are packed with team members/ hanger onners plus all of the other infrastructure."

Stuart Higgs explains it here:
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-vie...

Dan - Are you sure 750MC has announced. There are no actual calendars on their website in spite of what they claim!
Literally the first formulae i clicked on!

https://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/116-trophy/calend...

LucyP

375 posts

14 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
They are clearly adding and updating this afternoon, although many of the series still have a "coming soon"

n3il123

1,697 posts

168 months

Wednesday 10th June
quotequote all
LucyP said:
"Will be interesting how they handle team numbers etc as BSB paddocks are packed with team members/ hanger onners plus all of the other infrastructure."

Stuart Higgs explains it here:
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-vie...
That hadn't shown up when I posted.

Also i'm not sure how for instance tyre and suspension suppliers are going to operate in their own "bubbles" when they supply the whole paddock. It will be interesting to see that's all.

LucyP

375 posts

14 months

Thursday 11th June
quotequote all
It's about keeping yourselves to yourselves.

Tyres are pretty easy. The teams always bring the wheels to the Pirelli pit/tent, call it what you like for tyre fitting. They will just have to keep apart from the Pirelli staff as they drop off/collect/wait for the tyres to be fitted.

Suspension will have to be the same procedure and keeping apart from the Ohlins guys.

Dynojet could be interesting as the dyno is in the enclosed truck.

BEP

249 posts

160 months

Friday 12th June
quotequote all
Still nothing from certain BARC championships...all seems very odd

df76

2,366 posts

233 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
BEP said:
Still nothing from certain BARC championships...all seems very odd
I was thinking the same the other day, all other clubs seem just about sorted now. I believe that the competition staff are still furloughed so perhaps expect news in a couple of weeks time.

BEP

249 posts

160 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
df76 said:
BEP said:
Still nothing from certain BARC championships...all seems very odd
I was thinking the same the other day, all other clubs seem just about sorted now. I believe that the competition staff are still furloughed so perhaps expect news in a couple of weeks time.
It’s all rather odd, several of their series have individually announced but others have not , hey ho.

Drumroll

2,179 posts

75 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
BARC are certainly looking at dates for various venues. Maybe they are looking at securing the dates and deciding the content from that.

df76

2,366 posts

233 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
Drumroll said:
BARC are certainly looking at dates for various venues. Maybe they are looking at securing the dates and deciding the content from that.
I think they have everything in place now but the admin / comms staff aren’t in the office. Certainly seen dates being agreed for the use of thruxton.

MG CHRIS

Original Poster:

7,024 posts

122 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
df76 said:
BEP said:
Still nothing from certain BARC championships...all seems very odd
I was thinking the same the other day, all other clubs seem just about sorted now. I believe that the competition staff are still furloughed so perhaps expect news in a couple of weeks time.
Ive seen 2 dates published for the wssc but it not got a lot of comments from racers so not sure on what will happen with them. Did see brscc have launched another new series a sprint race for c1/107/aygo but wont allow current c1 race cars why in hell would you do that.

CanoeSniffer

754 posts

42 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
MG CHRIS said:
Ive seen 2 dates published for the wssc but it not got a lot of comments from racers so not sure on what will happen with them. Did see brscc have launched another new series a sprint race for c1/107/aygo but wont allow current c1 race cars why in hell would you do that.
My understanding (potentially incorrect) is that a different cage design is mandated for new build cars, however legacy racers from the existing series will be exempted. It’d be daft to turn all those racers away.

I think the intention is to fill a sprint series role rather than endurance style- as well as increasing the donor car pool with the inclusion of the Toyota and Peugeot.

megamaniac

1,031 posts

171 months

Saturday 13th June
quotequote all
df76 said:
I think they have everything in place now but the admin / comms staff aren’t in the office. Certainly seen dates being agreed for the use of thruxton.
We have been told by Barc that Cadwell is on, 4th/5th July, late start 11.00am

Zoobeef

4,885 posts

113 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
BARC released their guidance and have said spot checks will be carried out for scrutineering and if you are camping then you must only sleep with your household.

df76

2,366 posts

233 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
megamaniac said:
df76 said:
I think they have everything in place now but the admin / comms staff aren’t in the office. Certainly seen dates being agreed for the use of thruxton.
We have been told by Barc that Cadwell is on, 4th/5th July, late start 11.00am
BARC event schedule now updated. They have a very busy late summer and autumn planned. Anglesey on 22nd November sounds brave!