The Gallery - Ultima Photos Only Please

The Gallery - Ultima Photos Only Please

Author
Discussion

ROWDYRENAULT

1,184 posts

145 months

Thursday 1st June 2017
quotequote all
Smart ass engineer.

confusionhunter

409 posts

153 months

Friday 2nd June 2017
quotequote all
Wow! so how long are you at those speeds! Is that the top class then?

RAT GTR

38 posts

98 months

Saturday 3rd June 2017
quotequote all
The idea is to AVERAGE 170 mph over 90 miles. In order to do that you are running 185-190 for the first 50 or 60 miles, and then can drop back to 170 range for the last 30-40 miles. 70 miles into the race there is a canyon called the "Narrows". It is posted 45 mph through the curves, and I will usually slow down to around 130 going through that section.
Above the 170 bracket is "180" and "unlimited". The unlimited class record was actually broken this year by an ex NASCAR that averaged 219 mph over the full 90 miles. On many of the straight sections he was probably running in the 240 mph range.

tjlees

1,349 posts

168 months

Sunday 4th June 2017
quotequote all
RAT GTR said:
The idea is to AVERAGE 170 mph over 90 miles. In order to do that you are running 185-190 for the first 50 or 60 miles, and then can drop back to 170 range for the last 30-40 miles. 70 miles into the race there is a canyon called the "Narrows". It is posted 45 mph through the curves, and I will usually slow down to around 130 going through that section.
Above the 170 bracket is "180" and "unlimited". The unlimited class record was actually broken this year by an ex NASCAR that averaged 219 mph over the full 90 miles. On many of the straight sections he was probably running in the 240 mph range.
fking hell!

That's 219 average for 24+ minutes.

V8Dom

3,528 posts

133 months

Thursday 8th June 2017
quotequote all
please do not distribute
they cant be used anywhere public





[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/oCXkLgPB[/url]
Advertisement

McAndy

8,744 posts

108 months

Friday 9th June 2017
quotequote all
  1. Here's probably not the best place to post them, if they're not for the public;
  2. The light line in the sand of the final photo makes it look as though the chap is relieving himself. hehe

renmure

2,680 posts

155 months

Friday 9th June 2017
quotequote all
McAndy said:
  1. The light line in the sand of the final photo makes it look as though the chap is relieving himself. hehe
hehe now you have mentioned it, that's all I can see now

Andy_mr2sc

1,028 posts

107 months

Friday 9th June 2017
quotequote all
renmure said:
McAndy said:
  1. The light line in the sand of the final photo makes it look as though the chap is relieving himself. hehe
hehe now you have mentioned it, that's all I can see now
I don't know about anyone else but I hadn't got as far as looking that far left in the picture yet....

Stunning car by the way.

V8Dom

3,528 posts

133 months

Saturday 10th June 2017
quotequote all
Thats why i posted it...hahahah
you guys can personally share but ive seen my photos used before and in public.. these cant unfortunately as data protected.

thanks for nice comment about teh car, its for sale in classifieds

Andy_mr2sc

1,028 posts

107 months

Saturday 10th June 2017
quotequote all
I've made my mind up I'm having one of these next but sadly not in a position to yet. My Tuscan needs some final tidying before I put it up for sale and I need to squeeze a few more pounds into the piggy bank but if you still have it in the spring....

V8Dom

3,528 posts

133 months

Friday 21st July 2017
quotequote all
everyone wanted to know what my ultima sounds like with the exhaust i made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabw6iFqHdo

at 2.50... turn up your volume

renmure

2,680 posts

155 months

Friday 21st July 2017
quotequote all
V8Dom said:
everyone wanted to know what my ultima sounds like with the exhaust i made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabw6iFqHdo

at 2.50... turn up your volume
Lots of fantastic exhaust noises there!!

Since PhotoBucket has gone and blocked most of my earlier pics, I guess I can also post an exhaust sound clip.



Sound clip ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_eV0j4KbNI

40anniv996

63 posts

98 months

Monday 24th July 2017
quotequote all
I trailered the beast to last weeks RMA F1 double header, Spa and then Zolder. The Ultima ran very well, but ambient temps meant my oil was getting too hot so had to allow much resting time.

Great fun, already planning next trip back.

Andy_mr2sc

1,028 posts

107 months

Saturday 29th July 2017
quotequote all
jmwram said:
Saw this today at Silverstone. Absolutely stunning!

jmwram

123 posts

144 months

Sunday 30th July 2017
quotequote all
Or was it this one ?

jmwram

123 posts

144 months

Sunday 30th July 2017
quotequote all

deadscoob

1,945 posts

191 months

Sunday 30th July 2017
quotequote all
Front claim mods makes such an improvement imo, so evident when parked next to another.

Not many ultimas there yesterday, nice to see yours tho J

Andy_mr2sc

1,028 posts

107 months

Sunday 30th July 2017
quotequote all
Same car no? Or am I missing something??

jmwram

123 posts

144 months

Monday 31st July 2017
quotequote all
No its the same car just re-modded front !

ol

2,094 posts

139 months

Friday 29th September 2017
quotequote all
jmwram said:
This looks fantastic. Is it a one off custom front end, or is it a production thing? I haven't seen front lights like that before