Front splitter on GTR

Front splitter on GTR

Author
Discussion

GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Tuesday 6th October 2009
quotequote all
Result means more of the High pressure air getts vented above and to the side of the wheel arch, and you keep more of the Nice Low pressure air under the car, so the rear diffuser works better....More Downforce...

V8Dom

3,533 posts

142 months

Tuesday 6th October 2009
quotequote all
GTRCLIVE said:
So why dont you fix the front splitter perminently to the chassis and hindge the front Clip seperatly....



Yes and for all of you that havn't met him thats GTW him self on the left...

Also having the splitter fixed means you can join it to the side splitters and contour around the front wheel travel, to make a more complete flat floor....
clive i like the mods youve done to the middle bottom of the front clip...gives the car a more modern look with the lights... was it expensive and hard to mod???

dom

k wright

1,039 posts

199 months

Tuesday 6th October 2009
quotequote all
Hey Clive,

Post some more photos, those are like gold for those still building a car.

Agreed, the plan to affix the splitter to the chassis is the only reasonable way to mount a splitter, the problem is that the front clip will strike it when it is opened....unless the hinge is modified. Anyone modified the hinge to allow this arrangement?

Again,

Thanks for the photos.


GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all






All helps vent the High pressure area, and stops pressure bleeding of under the car (So less chance of lift), keeping the car more stable at speed....

Edited by GTRCLIVE on Wednesday 7th October 06:56

GTWayne

4,595 posts

157 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
V8Dom said:
clive i like the mods youve done to the middle bottom of the front clip...gives the car a more modern look with the lights... was it expensive and hard to mod???
Hello Dom, SSS is responsible for what you see in the snaps which is a bit of a result in as much as Clive now resides in Canadia biggrin
When I speak with him next I will ask him for a price but it will not be cheap.
Advertisement

kikets

90 posts

124 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
Can anybody send me a pm with the contact details of Steve Smith?

Thank you!

robm3

4,580 posts

167 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
kikets said:
Can anybody send me a pm with the contact details of Steve Smith?

Thank you!
Just sent his number to you....

V8Dom

3,533 posts

142 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
GTWayne said:
V8Dom said:
clive i like the mods youve done to the middle bottom of the front clip...gives the car a more modern look with the lights... was it expensive and hard to mod???
Hello Dom, SSS is responsible for what you see in the snaps which is a bit of a result in as much as Clive now resides in Canadia biggrin
When I speak with him next I will ask him for a price but it will not be cheap.
thanks wayne.....

k wright

1,039 posts

199 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
Do you have any photos of the hinge used on this car?

Thanks again for the photos.

V8Dom

3,533 posts

142 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
GTRCLIVE said:






All helps vent the High pressure area, and stops pressure bleeding of under the car (So less chance of lift), keeping the car more stable at speed....

Edited by GTRCLIVE on Wednesday 7th October 06:56
like the calipers and hubs in black...painted ot coated???

dom

GTWayne

4,595 posts

157 months

Wednesday 7th October 2009
quotequote all
V8Dom said:
like the calipers and hubs in black...painted ot coated???
The uprights are LM3000 items with larger bearings and are powder coated as are the calipers Dom yes

GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
Hard anoidised Uprights, and Chemicaly blacked Steel racing wheel adaptors....

GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
The front clip in it's first incarnation was a removeable panel only. But I didn't like that idea as you needed 2 poeple to get it off and having the Fuse box in the normal place meant that if a Fuse blow in the night and you where on your own your stuffed. So I modifed the mounting bars with rose joints. They are further forward than the lower part of the body touching the Splitter so it works fine and doen't hit anything when pivoting up.....

The Red line is where the Rose joint is, and the blue line the bolt thought the Mounting plains...when at rest the rose joint is hidden in the mounting
as to pass SVA..

http://thumbsnap.com/s/GYKykk0c.jpg[/img]|http://t...

Edited by GTRCLIVE on Friday 9th October 17:22

andygtt

8,292 posts

204 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
GTWayne said:
V8Dom said:
like the calipers and hubs in black...painted ot coated???
The uprights are LM3000 items with larger bearings and are powder coated as are the calipers Dom yes
I used these Uprights but machined them for Porsche 996 hubs and bearings which are much beafier.... bonus is that Porsche brakes and wheels fit my car. biggrin

GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
Porsches are for girls.....

andygtt

8,292 posts

204 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
Corvettes are for wide boys...

budala

258 posts

127 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
And what about guys owning a car with a Corvette engine and a Porsche gearbox ?

LuckyP

6,235 posts

165 months

Thursday 8th October 2009
quotequote all
Ladyboys!!!.....Simples!

GTRCLIVE

4,107 posts

223 months

Friday 9th October 2009
quotequote all
budala said:
And what about guys owning a car with a Corvette engine and a Porsche gearbox ?
Dont know I've got a Italian Gearbox.....

Steve_D

12,212 posts

198 months

Friday 9th October 2009
quotequote all
Still not had an answer.
Does the lip out the front of the splitter do any work?
If yes then how much can it be reduced and still give reasonable performance.

Cheers
Steve