American Gods

Author
Discussion

Muntu

7,355 posts

138 months

Thursday 15th June 2017
quotequote all
ajprice said:
I thought Peter Stormare was Thor, because he had a hammer hehe .
Could be, he has the right name hehe

kowalski655

8,044 posts

82 months

Friday 16th June 2017
quotequote all
Stormwater is Czhernobog(sp??) a Slavic god of evil... different mythology.

Zoon

3,640 posts

60 months

Friday 16th June 2017
quotequote all
Watched the first episode and it went a bit mental, didn't bother with EP2.

Jonesy23

3,917 posts

75 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
Interesting end to it though maybe not the strongest.

Did enjoy the music for the disco bit though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreUmBorEmA

rednotdead

966 posts

165 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
Zoon said:
Watched the first episode and it went a bit mental, didn't bother with EP2.
I thought this. However, I went back to it this week and started again, I'm now hooked. It is batst mental and I think having read the book helps, the missus doesn't get it at all. Great cinematography and soundtrack too.
Advertisement

Wobbegong

11,035 posts

108 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
kowalski655 said:
Stormwater is Czhernobog(sp??) a Slavic god of evil... different mythology.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobog

pimpchez

877 posts

122 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
Well typical hollywood cliffhanger finale. This was more like a mid-season finale in feel setting up the "big battle" to come.

Anyway up to that point i felt that the story lines aligned well and naturally with probable cause. I still don't understand why shadow is needed by mr wednesday (true name was revealed) for this crusade. Hopefully next season we will see his potential , id hazard a guess hes some demi-god who will be able to adapt to each battle.

Overall 8.5/10 for me.

Pickled

1,992 posts

82 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
pimpchez said:
Well typical hollywood cliffhanger finale. This was more like a mid-season finale in feel setting up the "big battle" to come.

Anyway up to that point i felt that the story lines aligned well and naturally with probable cause. I still don't understand why shadow is needed by mr wednesday (true name was revealed) for this crusade. Hopefully next season we will see his potential , id hazard a guess hes some demi-god who will be able to adapt to each battle.

Overall 8.5/10 for me.
I don't think he actually needs him - Sweeny said to dead wife about gods like playing with peoples lives, simply because they can, the guy Shadow was in prison with was called Low Key (Loki) Lyesmith who is known for his love of deception and tricks.

HRL

1,724 posts

158 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
Watched the first couple of episodes and then gave up and read the book instead.

Not bad at all and I won't add any spoilers. Don't think I'll bother watching the rest though as it detracts a fair bit.

Mr_Yogi

3,120 posts

194 months

Wednesday 26th July 2017
quotequote all
Really enjoyed this, didn't even know the book existed until I found this thread after watching episode 1. I loved the style, cinematography and soundtrack of the first episode so kept watching and slowly things became clearer.

To anyone how has read the book, is the end of episode 8 the end of the book, and also are there any other books? Someone commented how close the first episode was to the book, has the series continued to follow the book or has it deviated significantly?


ribiero

341 posts

105 months

Monday 31st July 2017
quotequote all
Mr_Yogi said:
Really enjoyed this, didn't even know the book existed until I found this thread after watching episode 1. I loved the style, cinematography and soundtrack of the first episode so kept watching and slowly things became clearer.

To anyone how has read the book, is the end of episode 8 the end of the book, and also are there any other books? Someone commented how close the first episode was to the book, has the series continued to follow the book or has it deviated significantly?
deviated a little, but you can follow and get by.

After American Gods Neil Gaiman did a book called Anansi Boys which tbh, I preferred (I also read them in the wrong order!)

Anansi Boys was about, unsurprisingly, Anansi. (the spider god, the dude with the awesome monologue in the 2nd/3rd ep?)

American Gods will run 2-3 series I should imagine.

gareth_r

2,965 posts

176 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
Series 2 Amazon 11/03/2019

johnxjsc1985

15,206 posts

103 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
I have been hoping for a series 2 for sometime.

james_tigerwoods

14,625 posts

136 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
This has been a looooong time coming....

dave_s13

12,041 posts

208 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
Wouldn't hurt to watch through season 1 again then eh? I've totally forgotten the plot but remember enjoying it. It'll look even better on my new telly which will be an added bonus.

Butter Face

18,067 posts

99 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
Amazing. Can’t wait.

El stovey

25,164 posts

202 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
dave_s13 said:
Wouldn't hurt to watch through season 1 again then eh? I've totally forgotten the plot but remember enjoying it. It'll look even better on my new telly which will be an added bonus.
Yeah same. I really enjoyed it but don’t have a clue what happened. hehe

D-Angle

4,359 posts

181 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
dave_s13 said:
Wouldn't hurt to watch through season 1 again then eh? I've totally forgotten the plot but remember enjoying it. It'll look even better on my new telly which will be an added bonus.
I have just finished rewatching it and it's definitely worth doing so. There was lots of stuff I had forgotten.

johnxjsc1985

15,206 posts

103 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
dave_s13 said:
Wouldn't hurt to watch through season 1 again then eh? I've totally forgotten the plot but remember enjoying it. It'll look even better on my new telly which will be an added bonus.
the image of that woman consuming her lover through her fluffy bits is difficult to forget.

El stovey

25,164 posts

202 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
johnxjsc1985 said:
dave_s13 said:
Wouldn't hurt to watch through season 1 again then eh? I've totally forgotten the plot but remember enjoying it. It'll look even better on my new telly which will be an added bonus.
the image of that woman consuming her lover through her fluffy bits is difficult to forget.
I was watching that on an easyJet flight. I remember having to try and cover the screen a few times in case kids queuing for the toilet saw it. There was some pretty graphic stuff in that series now that I think about it. hehe