I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Author
Discussion

Jasandjules

63,025 posts

174 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
227bhp said:
I'm kind of glad its over. I don't find it hugely entertaining and very tying.
You know that you don't have to watch it?

Halb

49,098 posts

128 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
mcelliott said:
Banquet food looks rank - straight from Iceland.
that's a long way to travel

nicanary

6,813 posts

91 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
I hope ITV learn from this year's series, and realise you don't have to have controversial people taking part in order to make it interesting. A bunch of contestants who like each other can still provide entertainment without any cringe factor.

Thoroughly enjoyable this year. The right people got to the final. I'm still wondering whether Harry was just himself simply because he didn't know what the heck was going on. Baffled and bemused.

cuprabob

7,914 posts

159 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
Best ratings for 5 years. In previous years I dipped in and out and never really bothered but this year watched it all.

johnxjsc1985

15,935 posts

109 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
Jasandjules said:
You know that you don't have to watch it?
Doh!!!!.
It was a nice distraction for a couple of weeks.

pc.iow

1,879 posts

148 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
They should get Ant to be one of the contestants next year.

Johnniem

2,319 posts

168 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
In fear of repeating if it's already been said, I prefer Holly and Dec to Ant and Dec in this scenario. Holly was just so scared on behalf of the contestants and had a few squeals/screams herself when they were buried in wriggly things. She even shed a tear for Harry last night when he was covered in rats. She also makes a great comedy duo with Dec. I hope she comes back as Dec sidekick next year. Having said that, it is Dec that makes the programme what it is, wither Ant or Holly in tow.

SpeckledJim

19,065 posts

198 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
Agreed, I didn't miss Ant at all. Dec and Holly were great.

Different stylist for Holly next year, please. Most of her outfits were awful.

768

4,929 posts

41 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
I really like Holly usually, but the outfit parade and the squealing was a bit irritating. DIdn't think I'd ever say this, but I'd have preferred Ant.

kev1974

3,120 posts

74 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
The dresses won't look the same on Ant, that's for sure

227bhp

9,502 posts

73 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
Jasandjules said:
227bhp said:
I'm kind of glad its over. I don't find it hugely entertaining and very tying.
You know that you don't have to watch it?
Lol, yeah I know it sounds daft, but once you've started you've got to finish. It's just the same stuff every year, and for me just something mildly entertaining that's on in the background. I seem to remember it was on 6 days a week, but 7 now, personally I'd enjoy it more if it was every other day.

Zetec-S

2,960 posts

38 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
768 said:
I really like Holly usually, but the outfit parade and the squealing was a bit irritating. DIdn't think I'd ever say this, but I'd have preferred Ant.
It definitely had a different vibe about it this year. I thought Holly was ok, but it was a lot more "nice" this year. In the past both Ant & Dec would have a proper laugh and piss take during the trials, whereas like you say, the squealing and turning away was a bit tiresome at times. Plus the daily outfit parade was a little cringy. Hopefully Ant will be back next year.

jcremonini

1,746 posts

112 months

Monday 10th December 2018
quotequote all
227bhp said:
Jasandjules said:
227bhp said:
I'm kind of glad its over. I don't find it hugely entertaining and very tying.
You know that you don't have to watch it?
Lol, yeah I know it sounds daft, but once you've started you've got to finish. It's just the same stuff every year, and for me just something mildly entertaining that's on in the background. I seem to remember it was on 6 days a week, but 7 now, personally I'd enjoy it more if it was every other day.
The only reason it never used to be on 7 days a week was because of the Champions League football. In the weeks where there was no football it was.

Lordbenny

7,253 posts

164 months

Wednesday 12th December 2018
quotequote all
Where was Toff to present the winners trophy?

AlexRS2782

5,552 posts

158 months

Thursday 13th December 2018
quotequote all
Lordbenny said:
Where was Toff to present the winners trophy?
Sure i read somewhere that she flew home early as her grandfather had been taken to hospital.

AlexRS2782

5,552 posts

158 months

Wednesday 19th December 2018
quotequote all
Holly confirmed on This Morning on Wednesday that her appearance as host this year was only ever a one off, that she enjoyed a lot, and she wouldn't be returning next year as the show will revert back to the original hosts.

ITV have also confirmed that Ant returns to BGT next year and is highly likely to be back for I'm A Celeb 2019.

Rumblestripe

1,220 posts

107 months

Thursday 20th December 2018
quotequote all
AlexRS2782 said:
Holly confirmed on This Morning on Wednesday that her appearance as host this year was only ever a one off, that she enjoyed a lot, and she wouldn't be returning next year as the show will revert back to the original hosts.

ITV have also confirmed that Ant returns to BGT next year and is highly likely to be back for I'm A Celeb 2019.
I just hope Ant has grown up enough to acknowledge he has a problem with the booze and if he can't moderate then

1. Get in a taxi, you can afford it.

2. Think about giving it up altogether

Enjoyed this series tremendously and I think Holly was great on it. Her shying away from some of the challenges sort of brought home how horrible some of them were.