Strictly 2018.

Author
Discussion

cuprabob

7,731 posts

158 months

Thursday 16th August 2018
quotequote all
Jazzy Jag said:
I heard on the radio news early yesterday morning that Kevin (?)had stated that he was happy to dance with a male partner.

Will they go down that route?
I'm sure I read something last week that the BBC had said there will be no same sex couples this year.

LaurasOtherHalf

15,255 posts

140 months

AlexRS2782

5,514 posts

157 months

Tuesday 21st August 2018
quotequote all
Katie Piper - Presenter & campaigner
Faye Tozer - Steps
Danny John-Jules - Actor
Vick Hope - Capital Radio / 4Music (BoxPlus Network) presenter & campaigner
Graeme Swann - Cricketer
Dr Ranj - TV Doctor
Joe Sugg - YouTube star
Stacey Dooley - Documentary presenter
Kate Silverton - BBC Newsreader
Sean Walsh - Comedian
Ashley Roberts - Pussycat Dolls
Lee Ryan - Blue
Lauren Steadman - Paralympian
Susannah Constantine - Presenter & Fashion Writer
Charles Venn - Casualty Actor

Robertj21a

6,577 posts

49 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
AlexRS2782 said:
Katie Piper - Presenter & campaigner
Faye Tozer - Steps
Danny John-Jules - Actor
Vick Hope - Capital Radio / 4Music (BoxPlus Network) presenter & campaigner
Graeme Swann - Cricketer
Dr Ranj - TV Doctor
Joe Sugg - YouTube star
Stacey Dooley - Documentary presenter
Kate Silverton - BBC Newsreader
Sean Walsh - Comedian
Ashley Roberts - Pussycat Dolls
Lee Ryan - Blue
Lauren Steadman - Paralympian
Susannah Constantine - Presenter & Fashion Writer
Charles Venn - Casualty Actor
Better than it might have been, I even recognise the names of 6 of them ....

rdjohn

3,567 posts

139 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
Robertj21a said:
Better than it might have been, I even recognise the names of 6 of them ....
That’s 4 more than me, though I do recognise Dwayne from Death in Paradise, just did not know his real name.

The odd thing is that I do recognise and know the names of most of the Pro dancers, so they have become the celebrities.

Scabutz

1,674 posts

24 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
I know who almost all of them are, but a fairly underwhelming line up I think.

Gary29

2,375 posts

43 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
Looking forward to seeing Kate Silverton in translucent spandex and a micro skirt lick

LaurasOtherHalf

15,255 posts

140 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
No joker this year either? Unless the cricketer is a lame duck?

smartypants

40,791 posts

113 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
Got the obligatory missing limb contestant. "Loving the hands...err hand darling... " smile


boyse7en

3,803 posts

109 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
No joker this year either? Unless the cricketer is a lame duck?
Thought the cricketers always did well?

lufbramatt

3,408 posts

78 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2018
quotequote all
haha Dr Ranj- he will be popular with the Mum audience. And 3 year olds. And any puppets with injuries.

Nom de ploom

4,890 posts

118 months

Wednesday 29th August 2018
quotequote all
boyse7en said:
LaurasOtherHalf said:
No joker this year either? Unless the cricketer is a lame duck?
Thought the cricketers always did well?
darren gough and mark ramprakash won in previous seasons - I think swanny will do ok as he doesn't take himself too seriously and he's up for a laugh. depends on the partner though of course.

dissapointed neil jones isn;t getting a celeb again this year - if its his choice then fair enough but if not we're missing out as he is a terrific dancer and choreographer.

as for the celebs, well I didn;t know that many of them in the last few years but it turned out well enough.


cuprabob

7,731 posts

158 months

Wednesday 29th August 2018
quotequote all
Allegedly all the contestants got a flat fee of £25k this year.

SPR2

2,985 posts

140 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all

Here we go again.

Clockwork Cupcake

60,889 posts

216 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
I know it's all make believe, and we will a suspension of disbelief, but "they literally have no idea who their partners are" rather sticks in the throat since some of the celebs have already posted on Twitter that they know.

Oh well, on with the show. We'll pretend.

SPR2

2,985 posts

140 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
I know it's all make believe, and we will a suspension of disbelief, buy "they literally have no idea who their partners are" rather sticks in the throat since some of the celebs have already posted on Twitter that they no.

Oh well, on with the show. We'll pretend.
Not forgetting the those who have never danced - so they say.

Darcy looks lovely.

Clockwork Cupcake

60,889 posts

216 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
And the pauses start..







...








... Now.

smile

Clockwork Cupcake

60,889 posts

216 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
Anton and Suzanna was pretty much a given

She's looking amazing for 56. Amazing full stop. I hope I look as good as her when I get to her age.

smartypants

40,791 posts

113 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
You sure? My Mum looks in better shape and she’s 66!