The Apprentice 2023

Author
Discussion

Milkyway

9,635 posts

56 months

Tuesday 28th March 2023
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
The problem is that sensible ideas don't make good primetime viewing for the unwashed masses to consume. If you make it appear too much like school homework then they'll just switch over to ITV.
Put it on BBC2... that would work.

Richtea1970

1,226 posts

63 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
I’ve just watched the Apprentice 2.0 starring Gordon Ramsey.

Very similar format with GR looking to invest in a future food star. The tasks are all food based and GR is a bit more hands on than SurAlan but worth a look if you like the Apprentice, has even taken the same 9pm Thursday slot.

anonymous-user

57 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
Richtea1970 said:
I’ve just watched the Apprentice 2.0 starring Gordon Ramsey.

Very similar format with GR looking to invest in a future food star. The tasks are all food based and GR is a bit more hands on than SurAlan but worth a look if you like the Apprentice, has even taken the same 9pm Thursday slot.
I saw that as well. Was okish until the naff interviews at the end. The Apprentice meets Hell's Kitchen format.

Wacky Racer

38,580 posts

250 months

Wednesday 5th April 2023
quotequote all

MesoForm

8,975 posts

278 months

Thursday 6th April 2023
quotequote all
Someone in the first few pages of this thread said they got spoiled about who won by looking on companies house (can't find it after a quick search, sure I wasn't imagining it though), did this turn out to be correct?

thegreenhell

16,192 posts

222 months

Thursday 6th April 2023
quotequote all
I wouldn't call it a spoiler if they go looking for evidence like that.

redrabbit29

1,524 posts

136 months

Thursday 6th April 2023
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
I wouldn't call it a spoiler if they go looking for evidence like that.
I hate Google spoilers like this


Deep Thought

36,184 posts

200 months

Monday 10th April 2023
quotequote all
Anyone watched / watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia?

We're halfway through the first series.

Runs rings round the UK series IMHO. Some interesting twists too.

Wacky Racer

38,580 posts

250 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
Deep Thought said:
Anyone watched / watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia?

We're halfway through the first series.

Runs rings round the UK series IMHO. Some interesting twists too.
Just watched a bit, Lord Sugar really fancies himself, talking to the contestants like schoolchildren smile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fb151z/the...

Deep Thought

36,184 posts

200 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
Wacky Racer said:
Deep Thought said:
Anyone watched / watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia?

We're halfway through the first series.

Runs rings round the UK series IMHO. Some interesting twists too.
Just watched a bit, Lord Sugar really fancies himself, talking to the contestants like schoolchildren smile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fb151z/the...
Just finishing series one. Yes, the Australian production company do "big him up" even more but the tasks have been more interesting and the contestants arent set up to fail.


Langweilig

4,368 posts

214 months

Wednesday 7th June 2023
quotequote all
Deep Thought said:
Anyone watched / watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia?

We're halfway through the first series.

Runs rings round the UK series IMHO. Some interesting twists too.
Yes, i watched ithe Australian Apprentice for the first time, last night. It's interesting that a project manger who wins one one particular week, gains immunity from being fired for the following week and does have the option of selecting project managers for both teams.