Winter tyres vol 2

Winter tyres vol 2

Author
Discussion

Shaw Tarse

Original Poster:

29,348 posts

151 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
The old one has passed 10,000 http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...
Time for a new tread.

jjones

3,476 posts

141 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
waste of money wink

hornetrider

63,161 posts

153 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
cool

iva cosworth

41,253 posts

111 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all

rotate

RammyMP

3,033 posts

101 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
Happy new year!

0a

21,626 posts

142 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
My winters have been fantastic - I don't think I'll bother putting the summers on at all smile

SystemParanoia

14,343 posts

146 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
blah blah blah...

im in smile

FiF

36,244 posts

199 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
Shaw Tarse said:
Time for a new tread.
Very droll.

oldcynic

2,147 posts

109 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
0a said:
My winters have been fantastic - I don't think I'll bother putting the summers on at all smile
This year I didn't.

My winters seem to make very good all-season tyres, unlike my summers!

MG CHRIS

6,615 posts

115 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
Why would anyone In the uk bother with winter tyres they are a complete waste of money and we don't get any snow anymore thanks to global warming all we get is wind and rain which is st. People who buy them are idiots that like to post about how much money they have and like to brag about how better there cars are with winter tyres.



















That is not what I believe just in before someone does say it. Got winters myself.

f1nn

2,456 posts

140 months

Saturday 4th January 2014
quotequote all
98% of the driving public don't see the point, and even if they could they wouldn't go to the extra expense. The remaining 2% buy winter tyres, come on Pistonheads and try to convince the other 98% why they need winter tyres.

Repeat every Autumn.

That about covers it doesn't it?

wiliferus

3,369 posts

146 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
f1nn said:
98% of the driving public don't see the point, and even if they could they wouldn't go to the extra expense. The remaining 2% buy winter tyres, come on Pistonheads and try to convince the other 98% why they need winter tyres.

Repeat every Autumn.


That about covers it doesn't it?
You missed the bit about Yokohamas being st. Allegedly wink

0a

21,626 posts

142 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
oldcynic said:
0a said:
My winters have been fantastic - I don't think I'll bother putting the summers on at all smile
This year I didn't.

My winters seem to make very good all-season tyres, unlike my summers!
Can we get PH to rename the thread "summer tyres: are you slightly strange"?

sasha320

369 posts

196 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
I've done 12,000 miles on my Vredestain winter tyres since Nov 2012 and have 4mm of tread left on them. If they get me through to next winter (likely), that'll be 24,000 miles through 2 summers and 1 winter.

Clearly I'm not driving in a 'spirited' enough fashion...




sasha320

369 posts

196 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
I've done 12,000 miles on my Vredestain winter tyres since Nov 2012 and have 4mm of tread left on them. If they get me through to next winter (likely), that'll be 24,000 miles through 2 summers and 1 winter.

Clearly I'm not driving in a 'spirited' enough fashion...




Skinley

1,681 posts

108 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
I've driven literally hundreds of vehicles throughout the last twenty five winters, none of them have been equipped with winter tyres, I'm not dead and I have no incidents to report.smile

CarbonXKR

1,257 posts

170 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
Skinley said:
I've driven literally hundreds of vehicles throughout the last twenty five winters, none of them have been equipped with winter tyres, I'm not dead and I have no incidents to report.smile
You sir must be a "driving god"
I however rely on winter tyres to keep me out of the ditch wink

Hideaway

166 posts

72 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
Winter tyres stop better therefore could save your life regardless of driving god level

Etc smile

vikingaero

4,295 posts

117 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
This time last year I had my winters on at the beginning of November. Still not put them on yet.

wemorgan

3,356 posts

126 months

Sunday 5th January 2014
quotequote all
vikingaero said:
This time last year I had my winters on at the beginning of November. Still not put them on yet.
Likewise. They might be called winter tyres but I only use them if there's snow.