The new Dianne Abbott appreciation thread

The new Dianne Abbott appreciation thread

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

anonymous-user

4 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
I saw the interview with Andrew Marr
I was genuinely impressed with Mr Marr I think of him as lightweight most of the time. Today he was quite tough. I was very impressed with the research his team did. The list of "organisations" was well thought through.
Diane Abbot was out of her depth. She is also for all her talk of "being based in the community" as far away from many normal people as its possible to be. Her comments about having moved on were superficial in the extreme.
To be blunt Labour are to my surprise doing well in this campaign. She is not an asset and should be hidden from view/ exposed as much as possible / dependent on your political viewpoints


Thorodin

2,397 posts

83 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
768 said:
I'm not sure how you can go further downhill from supporting IRA victories against the British state or saying someone responsible for the deaths of up to 60 million people was on balance a force for good.

She appears to have been ill for a very long time, but not so ill Corbyn wouldn't think her the best person available to him to run the Home Office.
Can't help thinking that says rather more about the calibre of the entire bunch. Would have thought there must be hundreds if not thousands that could demonstrate a better grasp of international affairs then D. Abbot. Nothing worse than being promoted to your own personal new level of incompetence. That's exactly what induces the stress in the first place.

ironv8

75 posts

37 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
She repeated several times that she knows the workings of the home office well as she did an internship there as a student 30 odd years ago.
I'm sure that, like most offices it hasn't changed one bit in all that time!!!!
What a ridiculous thing to say

alfie2244

11,292 posts

138 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
ironv8 said:
She repeated several times that she knows the workings of the home office well as she did an internship there as a student 30 odd years ago.
I'm sure that, like most offices it hasn't changed one bit in all that time!!!!
What a ridiculous thing to say
I'd be surprised if she got past photocopying, making the coffee and sorting the mail.

PurpleAki

1,601 posts

37 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Probably broke a few photocopiers at the Xmas party though...

dudleybloke

15,359 posts

136 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
She's a bit special isn't she!

alfie2244

11,292 posts

138 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
PurpleAki said:
Probably broke a few photocopiers at the Xmas party though...
vomit

PositronicRay

17,640 posts

133 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
ironv8 said:
She repeated several times that she knows the workings of the home office well as she did an internship there as a student 30 odd years ago.
I'm sure that, like most offices it hasn't changed one bit in all that time!!!!
What a ridiculous thing to say
Andrew Marr went easy on her, perhaps he's feeling sorry for the woman. Anyway would have changed her hairstyle since then.

alfie2244

11,292 posts

138 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Perhaps she mispoke and actually meant that she had an office at home?

anonymous-user

4 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Perhaps she confused it with some documentaries she has seen about the home office ?

Liqrub

27 posts

100 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Poor old us, Dianne Abbott is a symptom of how having the right credentials trumps meritocracy. As soon as she's let speak vile undertones spill forth and all thoughts of a viable opposition evaporate into Marxist drivel.

What will she say next.....

0a

21,700 posts

144 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
I have to say I'm enjoying the spectacle. She really is car crash bad every time she's let out. The amazing thing is that she's rolled out week after week. She obviously isn't good at the high pressure interview format, yet labour keep making her do it. Is it just to make Corbyn look a bit better?

Thorodin

2,397 posts

83 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Can't help suspecting it's deliberate, to provoke a resignation of someone you can't sack. It's a nest of vipers anyway.

alfie2244

11,292 posts

138 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
0a said:
I have to say I'm enjoying the spectacle. She really is car crash bad every time she's let out. The amazing thing is that she's rolled out week after week. She obviously isn't good at the high pressure interview format, yet labour keep making her do it. Is it just to make Corbyn look a bit better?
Perhaps it's part of a promise made on the floor of a flat (or was it the Cotswolds?) 30yrs ago and Jezza is just keeping his end (of the bargain) up.

p4cks

4,129 posts

149 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
Thorodin said:
Can't help suspecting it's deliberate, to provoke a resignation of someone you can't sack. It's a nest of vipers anyway.
I also think this - they're hoping she drops a massive bk on TV which will result in her being forced into resignation/the sack

dazwalsh

4,737 posts

91 months

Sunday 28th May 2017
quotequote all
alfie2244 said:
I'd be surprised if she got past photocopying, making the coffee and sorting the mail.
I think even most of those tasks were above her skillset, ask her for a tea one sugar and she would come back with a cup o soup.

hyphen

12,113 posts

40 months

Monday 29th May 2017
quotequote all
0a said:
She obviously isn't good at the high pressure interview format,
I don't think the hair comment was off the cuff, she knew she was going to be asked on this subject and this is what she came up prior in the belief that such humour would trivialise it.

Tom Logan

2,023 posts

75 months

Monday 29th May 2017
quotequote all



smile

mybrainhurts

89,453 posts

205 months

Monday 29th May 2017
quotequote all
rofl

mybrainhurts

89,453 posts

205 months

Monday 29th May 2017
quotequote all
dazwalsh said:
alfie2244 said:
I'd be surprised if she got past photocopying, making the coffee and sorting the mail.
I think even most of those tasks were above her skillset, ask her for a tea one sugar and she would come back with a cup o soup.
And two sugars....

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED