The Gender Non-binary debate.

The Gender Non-binary debate.

Author
Discussion

8.4L 154

4,640 posts

198 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
Gooseberry said:
gregs656 said:
Gooseberry said:
That was what the article was saying though: it isn't a hate crime, but the police considered it a hate crime.
No, it doesn't say that. It says it could be an example of transphobia - indeed it is written under the heading 'Transphobia' and the article states quite clearly that

article said:
Homophobia and transphobia themselves are not crimes...
Re-read what I put :-)
To have a hate crime you first have to have a plain old boring crime. There are no offences which are by themselves hate crimes,

How it works is if someone commits a crime such as harassment, assault, etc then they are arrested, tried and convicted of that underlying crime. If its not against a protected characteristic then off they go to jail do not collect £200. However if the crime was perceived by the victim to be motivated by hate for one of the protected characteristics then the hate element is bolted onto the underlying crime and a sentence uplift is applied.

So if you kick the s(*% out of somone then you go down for assault. If your misgendering the person who is trans while kicking the s*(% out of them then expect a stiffer sentence and your crime to be recorded as a hate crime.

Harassment is a crime in its own right, so if your harassing someone to criminal levels and it involves misgendering then again expect it to be a hate crime, but it wasn't the misgendering that was the crime it was the harassment.

Pretty much all the cases that have been in the press about trans hate crime and misgendering have been harassment cases and some pretty vile and scary stuff to boot (usually not reported)


gregs656

3,746 posts

126 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
Gooseberry said:
Re-read what I put :-)
I am not sure why you are reading so much into this article that isn't there?

gizlaroc

12,754 posts

169 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
How does this fker think he is helping the cause?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/another-b-c-woma...

George Smiley

2,537 posts

26 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
gizlaroc said:
How does this fker think he is helping the cause?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/another-b-c-woma...
Disgusting. Whilst she may think she’s a she no cis (ffs) woman should be forced to touch/wax male genitals.

It seems the trans movement really is the biggest danger to equality that cis (ffs) woman face.

NoVetec

9,731 posts

118 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
gizlaroc said:
How does this fker think he is helping the cause?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/another-b-c-woma...
I don't think she pays any cause much attention bar perhaps her own. She's filed 15 lawsuits apparently.

A bit of research and communication and she could have found someone happy to wax her.


_dobbo_

11,412 posts

193 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
NoVetec said:
A bit of research and communication and she could have found someone happy to wax her.
Pretty sure that's not the agenda here.

https://mirandayardley.com/en/jonathan-yaniv-is-a-...


NoVetec

9,731 posts

118 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
_dobbo_ said:
NoVetec said:
A bit of research and communication and she could have found someone happy to wax her.
Pretty sure that's not the agenda here.

https://mirandayardley.com/en/jonathan-yaniv-is-a-...
Yeah it doesn't look like they're after a simple wax job to say the least.

V8RX7

18,111 posts

208 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
gizlaroc said:
How does this fker think he is helping the cause?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/another-b-c-woma...
Because though he may not have one, he is demonstrating, he's a

gregs656

3,746 posts

126 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
Be interesting to see what the outcome is, I would think the defense would be straight forward as gender doesn't appear to come into it.

George Smiley

2,537 posts

26 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
V8RX7 said:
Because though he may not have one, he is demonstrating, he's a
You mean she. She identifies as a female and should be referred to as such. Even if she is a giant penis.

andy_s

14,837 posts

204 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
Arrested for possessing a taser - I actually watched the youtube interview - leaving aside all the gender stuff, Jessica definitely has issues.

https://nationalpost.com/news/jessica-yaniv-a-tran...


amusingduck

5,806 posts

81 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
article said:
“I should not have to literally have something like this,” she said. “I don’t need to be scared in my own house.” She then held up a stun gun and zapped it towards the camera, emitting a flash and a crackle.

“Which is illegal in Canada. Just sayin,” she added.
rofl what a tit.

V10leptoquark

5,000 posts

162 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
George Smiley said:
You mean she. She identifies as a female and should be referred to as such. Even if she is a giant penis.
Well if biologically a 'bloke' and gives off an impression that he is a bloke in drag - ie. a transvestite, then only those that know him and whereby he has expressed a communicative desire to be referred to as something he is biologically not, should be those that "should" refer to him as a 'she'. (For fear of offending of course).

Otherwise, how are the public to know?
A lot of the public would see a transvestite and obviously refer to the biological gender rather than an unknown chosen identity.

I'm guessing there may be cases of transvestites incorrectly being referred to as female when they wish not to be. ?

Personally I think the whole "identifies as" agenda has become a total farce. People very quick and so very easily on the 'offended' trigger, only to draw attention to themselves or for financial gain.
Its not the wider public's fault that if presented with a bloke in drag that they are at fault for not magically knowing before hand what the individual "identifies as" and also what his/her name reference choice is.


This reply is not directed at you George, its just that your reply seems to be a typical command from the progressive left these days - the reply above is just a generalisation of my take on it.


Clockwork Cupcake

61,073 posts

217 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
V10leptoquark said:
This reply is not directed at you George, its just that your reply seems to be a typical command from the progressive left these days - the reply above is just a generalisation of my take on it.
You've obviously not read a lot of this thread then. That's a surprisingly atypical reply from George.

George Smiley

2,537 posts

26 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
You've obviously not read a lot of this thread then. That's a surprisingly atypical reply from George.
What? I’ve always said if someone identifies themselves as a woman I’d call them that. Might not want someone with a penis demanding to be treated exactly the same when it comes to changing rooms or grooming services and still think they should disclose up front if entering into sex (post op).

But I’ve always said I’d respect their gender. It’s when people interchange depending on mood, they can do one.

R Mutt

1,089 posts

17 months

Thursday 15th August
quotequote all
V10leptoquark said:
Well if biologically a 'bloke' and gives off an impression that he is a bloke in drag - ie. a transvestite, then only those that know him and whereby he has expressed a communicative desire to be referred to as something he is biologically not, should be those that "should" refer to him as a 'she'. (For fear of offending of course).

Otherwise, how are the public to know?
A lot of the public would see a transvestite and obviously refer to the biological gender rather than an unknown chosen identity.

I'm guessing there may be cases of transvestites incorrectly being referred to as female when they wish not to be. ?

Personally I think the whole "identifies as" agenda has become a total farce. People very quick and so very easily on the 'offended' trigger, only to draw attention to themselves or for financial gain.
Its not the wider public's fault that if presented with a bloke in drag that they are at fault for not magically knowing before hand what the individual "identifies as" and also what his/her name reference choice is.


This reply is not directed at you George, its just that your reply seems to be a typical command from the progressive left these days - the reply above is just a generalisation of my take on it.
I'm going to walk around in a dress and long wig this weekend and respond hysterically to anyone addressing me in the feminine, as is my right. I'd imagine this would result in many people treating gender ambiguities with extreme caution and avoiding addressing the individual at all, resulting in alienation. Bit of a catch 22 not a million miles away from the status quo.

Edited by R Mutt on Thursday 15th August 15:58