Philip Hammond complete c*ck or principled politico?

Philip Hammond complete c*ck or principled politico?

Author
Discussion

Agammemnon

184 posts

2 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Testaburger said:
He made plenty of predictions for a ‘No’ vote, too. None of them came to fruition, with the exception of a devalued pound.
And yet it's widely considered that a Euro devalued from what the Deutschmark would have been has shown benefit to Germany.

Condi

8,367 posts

115 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Agammemnon said:
And yet it's widely considered that a Euro devalued from what the Deutschmark would have been has shown benefit to Germany.
Yes, obviously, but that is at the expense of Greece, Italy, and almost the entire rest of Southern Europe who are considerably worse in the Euro than they would have been had they still had their own currency which could appreciate and depreciate as required.


valiant

3,844 posts

104 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
CAPP0 said:
MC Bodge said:
valiant said:
I don’t think we’ll ever see a cabinet so devoid of talent as what we are about to get.
It will be a close-run thing with the current shadow cabinet.

Who will be the Tory Diane Abbott? Gender irrelevant...
Pritti Patel has been mooted today as the next Home Secretary.

Like I said, a cabinet devoid of talent.

JuanCarlosFandango

1,620 posts

15 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
frisbee said:
It's bizarre how Brexiters hate Remainers that quit but canonise the Brexiters that flounce off.
It's bizarre how Remainers hate Brexiteers that quit but canonise the Remainers that flounce off.

Crippo

744 posts

164 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Hammond and the other traitors that wish to keep the UK in the EU at any cost are just that ...traitors. In demanding that no deal comes off the table they are reducing our negotiating strategy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a room full of negotiators from the UK and the EU all wishing to keep the UK in the EU only need to come up with a non deal as May did that can’t be passed by Parliament and they keep us in the EU until the energy goes out of the Leave vote and the people just want it to end. That was the plan, Hammond wants to continue that plan along with the Civiil Service , Gauke, Grieve etc . what they didn’t bank on was Boris saying that No Deal is in the table and we are leaving in the 31st. The EU have already started to hold talks with some of Boris’ men and their position will only continue to soften, as long as those treacherous dheads (Remainers) don’t demand that our strong hand is weakened through removing no deal.....honestly they should be throw in the Tower

Canute

168 posts

12 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
There is not much to like about any of the top politicians in any main party right now, but Philip Hammond doesn't come across as someone looking to be as much as a tool as the rest of his peers to be fair to him, and, working for Borris the liar is probably not something a decent percentage of the honest population would tolerate either.

frisbee

1,843 posts

54 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Crippo said:
Hammond and the other traitors that wish to keep the UK in the EU at any cost are just that ...traitors. In demanding that no deal comes off the table they are reducing our negotiating strategy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a room full of negotiators from the UK and the EU all wishing to keep the UK in the EU only need to come up with a non deal as May did that can’t be passed by Parliament and they keep us in the EU until the energy goes out of the Leave vote and the people just want it to end. That was the plan, Hammond wants to continue that plan along with the Civiil Service , Gauke, Grieve etc . what they didn’t bank on was Boris saying that No Deal is in the table and we are leaving in the 31st. The EU have already started to hold talks with some of Boris’ men and their position will only continue to soften, as long as those treacherous dheads (Remainers) don’t demand that our strong hand is weakened through removing no deal.....honestly they should be throw in the Tower
yikes

Maybe try meditation or even a bit of weed...

Not-The-Messiah

1,421 posts

25 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Principald or a cock, I think others have said it best he's jumped before he was pushed.

He may be principled or he's a bit thick and delusional. Because if he does stand by with what he want to happen with brexit then him and his entire party would become unelectable at the next election. And he won't just be out of his job in the government but out of politics all together.

powerstroke

8,443 posts

104 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Hammond was a dreary chancellor but a least not spiteful like Osborne or thought he was cleverer than he was like Brown
He will be one of those people who get forgotten he didn't even say anything much of interest about brexit ...just parroted
the bog standard remoaner drivel ...

MC Bodge

10,898 posts

119 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Crippo said:
Hammond and the other traitors that wish to keep the UK in the EU at any cost are just that ...traitors. In demanding that no deal comes off the table they are reducing our negotiating strategy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a room full of negotiators from the UK and the EU all wishing to keep the UK in the EU only need to come up with a non deal as May did that can’t be passed by Parliament and they keep us in the EU until the energy goes out of the Leave vote and the people just want it to end. That was the plan, Hammond wants to continue that plan along with the Civiil Service , Gauke, Grieve etc . what they didn’t bank on was Boris saying that No Deal is in the table and we are leaving in the 31st. The EU have already started to hold talks with some of Boris’ men and their position will only continue to soften, as long as those treacherous dheads (Remainers) don’t demand that our strong hand is weakened through removing no deal.....honestly they should be throw in the Tower

valiant

3,844 posts

104 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Crippo said:
Hammond and the other traitors that wish to keep the UK in the EU at any cost are just that ...traitors. In demanding that no deal comes off the table they are reducing our negotiating strategy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a room full of negotiators from the UK and the EU all wishing to keep the UK in the EU only need to come up with a non deal as May did that can’t be passed by Parliament and they keep us in the EU until the energy goes out of the Leave vote and the people just want it to end. That was the plan, Hammond wants to continue that plan along with the Civiil Service , Gauke, Grieve etc . what they didn’t bank on was Boris saying that No Deal is in the table and we are leaving in the 31st. The EU have already started to hold talks with some of Boris’ men and their position will only continue to soften, as long as those treacherous dheads (Remainers) don’t demand that our strong hand is weakened through removing no deal.....honestly they should be throw in the Tower
Calling them traitors doesn’t help anyone and demeans yourself.

Regardless of your stance within the Brexit debate and how you feel various politicos have handled themselves on both sides, none of them are traitors. Crap, disingenuous and morally corrupt, probably yes but not traitorous. Your language does you no favours.

JuanCarlosFandango

1,620 posts

15 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
valiant said:
Calling them traitors doesn’t help anyone and demeans yourself.

Regardless of your stance within the Brexit debate and how you feel various politicos have handled themselves on both sides, none of them are traitors. Crap, disingenuous and morally corrupt, probably yes but not traitorous. Your language does you no favours.
So what is the correct word for someone who is not crap, disingenuous or morally corrupt bit behaves as if they are?

caziques

1,751 posts

112 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Sometimes you can get a clearer picture from the outside.

I had the good fortune to escape the UK in 2000,

Even a small country like NZ can prosper outside the EU, Norway and Switzerland seem to do quite well.

There was a vote to leave, why not leave? If it's "no deal", so what? The invisible hand of the market will come to the fore.

Remember what Reagan said:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem".

I would suggest the world would be a better place if governments did less rather than more.

biggbn

2,479 posts

164 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
caziques said:
Sometimes you can get a clearer picture from the outside.

I had the good fortune to escape the UK in 2000,

Even a small country like NZ can prosper outside the EU, Norway and Switzerland seem to do quite well.

There was a vote to leave, why not leave? If it's "no deal", so what? The invisible hand of the market will come to the fore.

Remember what Reagan said:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem".

I would suggest the world would be a better place if governments did less rather than more.
My favourite Reagan quote is ' the scariest ten words in the world are...we're from the government and we're here to help you...

NoNeed

13,297 posts

144 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
biggbn said:
caziques said:
Sometimes you can get a clearer picture from the outside.

I had the good fortune to escape the UK in 2000,

Even a small country like NZ can prosper outside the EU, Norway and Switzerland seem to do quite well.

There was a vote to leave, why not leave? If it's "no deal", so what? The invisible hand of the market will come to the fore.

Remember what Reagan said:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem".

I would suggest the world would be a better place if governments did less rather than more.
My favourite Reagan quote is ' the scariest ten words in the world are...we're from the government and we're here to help you...
Mine would be "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born"



Just googled his best quotes and now I have a new one “How do you tell a Communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.” biggrin

valiant

3,844 posts

104 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
JuanCarlosFandango said:
valiant said:
Calling them traitors doesn’t help anyone and demeans yourself.

Regardless of your stance within the Brexit debate and how you feel various politicos have handled themselves on both sides, none of them are traitors. Crap, disingenuous and morally corrupt, probably yes but not traitorous. Your language does you no favours.
So what is the correct word for someone who is not crap, disingenuous or morally corrupt bit behaves as if they are?
You can call them what you like! Inept, moronic, self-centred, remoaners, gammon, whatever, but they are not committing acts of treason and they are not traitors.

There’s plenty of politicians that I absolutely have no time for and would rather they left politics and believe me, I call them all the names under the sun but they are not traitors. They believe they are doing what’s best for the UK and whilst you and I may be vehemently against all they stand for, they are doing what they think is best even though it goes against all you or I believe in.







biggbn

2,479 posts

164 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
NoNeed said:
biggbn said:
caziques said:
Sometimes you can get a clearer picture from the outside.

I had the good fortune to escape the UK in 2000,

Even a small country like NZ can prosper outside the EU, Norway and Switzerland seem to do quite well.

There was a vote to leave, why not leave? If it's "no deal", so what? The invisible hand of the market will come to the fore.

Remember what Reagan said:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem".

I would suggest the world would be a better place if governments did less rather than more.
My favourite Reagan quote is ' the scariest ten words in the world are...we're from the government and we're here to help you...
Mine would be "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born"



Just googled his best quotes and now I have a new one “How do you tell a Communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.” biggrin
I read, and understand Marx, and am neither...

BlackLabel

12,146 posts

67 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
Condi said:
Fittster said:
Complete cock, exactly which economic text says the best way to deal with a massive financial crisis is austerity? His poor economic judgement is responsible for Brexit.
The credit crisis was 2008, the Brexit vote was 23rd June 2016 and Hammond became chancellor on 13th July 2016. How on earth is he responsible for Brexit??


Maybe he's not the one who is a complete cock. hehe
laugh

NoNeed

13,297 posts

144 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
valiant said:
JuanCarlosFandango said:
valiant said:
Calling them traitors doesn’t help anyone and demeans yourself.

Regardless of your stance within the Brexit debate and how you feel various politicos have handled themselves on both sides, none of them are traitors. Crap, disingenuous and morally corrupt, probably yes but not traitorous. Your language does you no favours.
So what is the correct word for someone who is not crap, disingenuous or morally corrupt bit behaves as if they are?
You can call them what you like! Inept, moronic, self-centred, remoaners, gammon, whatever, but they are not committing acts of treason and they are not traitors.

There’s plenty of politicians that I absolutely have no time for and would rather they left politics and believe me, I call them all the names under the sun but they are not traitors. They believe they are doing what’s best for the UK and whilst you and I may be vehemently against all they stand for, they are doing what they think is best even though it goes against all you or I believe in.
Hammond is the perfect traitor

def; a person who betrays someone or something, such as a friend, cause, or principle.


He stood on a manifesto and has betrayed those that voted for him because of that

Fittster

18,405 posts

157 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
caziques said:
Sometimes you can get a clearer picture from the outside.

I had the good fortune to escape the UK in 2000,

Even a small country like NZ can prosper outside the EU, Norway and Switzerland seem to do quite well.

There was a vote to leave, why not leave? If it's "no deal", so what? The invisible hand of the market will come to the fore.

Remember what Reagan said:

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem".

I would suggest the world would be a better place if governments did less rather than more.
The government in Somila doesn't do very much, but few people move there.

Norway and Switzerland has lots of 'deals' with the EU. New Zealand is currently doing a trade deal with the EU.