Boris Johnson- Prime Minister (Vol. 2)

Boris Johnson- Prime Minister (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

Stay in Bed Instead

17,475 posts

104 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
IforB said:
His press officers work on the basis of the less he says, the better.

Shows how much faith in him they have.
The more he says the more he lies.

JagLover

26,823 posts

182 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
tangerine_sedge said:
Seeing that Boris has a 100% failure rate in parliament has been accused of lying to the Queen, accused of breaking the law AND been made to look like an idiot by the PM of luxembourg in such a short period of time. Yes, I think he really is the worst PM. He could of course go on to pull a blinder and get a Brexit deal, but based on evidence I think thats highly unlikely...
May was unlikely to have been humiliated in such a fashion because even the PM of tiny Luxemburg viewed her as a good little poodle.

Which is to say that in the current circumstances Boris is doing his job by annoying European politicians and May still remains by far the worst PM we have had in recent times.

NoNeed

14,546 posts

147 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
tangerine_sedge said:
Seeing that Boris has a 100% failure rate in parliament has been accused of lying to the Queen, accused of breaking the law AND been made to look like an idiot by the PM of luxembourg in such a short period of time. Yes, I think he really is the worst PM. He could of course go on to pull a blinder and get a Brexit deal, but based on evidence I think thats highly unlikely...
So you think he is tbe worst PM because he is a victim of politucal game playing and malicious rumours.


Okaaay

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

179 posts

25 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
tangerine_sedge said:
WCZ said:
tangerine_sedge said:
Somehow worse than both Cameron AND May?
The leader who makes Corbyn electable?
May was disliked by all, Boris is liked by millions and would easily win a general election despite the media

He's a divisive personality and like Trump in this sense - despised by many but will still get relected

Corbyn is still unelectable
Seeing that Boris has a 100% failure rate in parliament has been accused of lying to the Queen, accused of breaking the law AND been made to look like an idiot by the PM of luxembourg in such a short period of time. Yes, I think he really is the worst PM. He could of course go on to pull a blinder and get a Brexit deal, but based on evidence I think thats highly unlikely...
Considering who's making the accusations I'd say they're a badge of honour.

The stunt pulled by the Luxembourg PM only made himself look like a berk.


vonuber

12,388 posts

112 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
So annoying European leaders is the role of the uk pm?

Is that what this country is reduced to?

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

179 posts

25 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
Stay in Bed Instead said:
T-195 said:
And he was Mr No Show for the Tory leadership debates.

Strange.



Another empty podium.
Oh yes, I forgot about that.

laugh
Quite. So has pretty much everybody. I'd suggest that goes some way to vindicating his strategy at the time. He did win after all.

JagLover

26,823 posts

182 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
vonuber said:
So annoying European leaders is the role of the uk pm?
In the current circumstances where he has to push hard for the UKs interests, and undo the damage May did, yes.


IforB

6,524 posts

176 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
JagLover said:
tangerine_sedge said:
Seeing that Boris has a 100% failure rate in parliament has been accused of lying to the Queen, accused of breaking the law AND been made to look like an idiot by the PM of luxembourg in such a short period of time. Yes, I think he really is the worst PM. He could of course go on to pull a blinder and get a Brexit deal, but based on evidence I think thats highly unlikely...
May was unlikely to have been humiliated in such a fashion because even the PM of tiny Luxemburg viewed her as a good little poodle.

Which is to say that in the current circumstances Boris is doing his job by annoying European politicians and May still remains by far the worst PM we have had in recent times.
What?

Really?

Dear Lord...

Let us look at the incontrovertible facts.

Since Johnson has taken over the following things have happened:

The Government has lost its majority.

The Government has lost every single vote put forward in Parliament.

Lifelong Tory grandees have been booted out of the Party without so much as a by your leave.

The Prime Minister's own brother accused him of not acting in the country's best interest and resigned as a minister.

The Government has numerous times refused to act in accordance with the law.

The PM has been found guilty of lying to the Queen. There is currently an appeal to try and overturn that, but right now he is guilty.

All of this in just a few weeks.

If that says competent to you, then your definition is somewhat different to mine.


Nexus Icon

185 posts

8 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
JagLover said:
May was unlikely to have been humiliated in such a fashion because even the PM of tiny Luxemburg viewed her as a good little poodle.

Which is to say that in the current circumstances Boris is doing his job by annoying European politicians and May still remains by far the worst PM we have had in recent times.
Nope. Johnson is the worst PM we've ever had, and not just in recent times.

He's thoroughly impotent and the only way he's going to force his money-spinning Brexit throug is by breaking parliamentary law (at least in the eyes of the Scottish courts). He's a joke of a prime minister, he was a joke of a Mayor and he's always been a joke of an MP.

Have I Got News For You has a lot to answer for, for thrusting this dipst into the public consciousness as some sort of loveable doofus who we can all get behind. When has he ever looked capable of anything beyond playing the fool?

Surely his own brother abandoning him underlines this whole sorry fiasco.

The sooner he and his cronies are out of Downing Street, the sooner we can move on as a nation -be that in or out of the EU.

JagLover

26,823 posts

182 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
IforB said:
The Government has lost every single vote put forward in Parliament.
A government committed to Brexit was always likely to lose every vote in a parliament dominated by remain that related to such a matter.

That is not a measure of competence. If the next election produces a Tory majority and Johnson continues to lose votes then that would be a matter of competence because it would mean the candidate selection was off and/or not enough Remainers had been purged.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

179 posts

25 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
Nexus Icon said:
JagLover said:
May was unlikely to have been humiliated in such a fashion because even the PM of tiny Luxemburg viewed her as a good little poodle.

Which is to say that in the current circumstances Boris is doing his job by annoying European politicians and May still remains by far the worst PM we have had in recent times.
Nope. Johnson is the worst PM we've ever had, and not just in recent times.

He's thoroughly impotent and the only way he's going to force his money-spinning Brexit throug is by breaking parliamentary law (at least in the eyes of the Scottish courts). He's a joke of a prime minister, he was a joke of a Mayor and he's always been a joke of an MP.

Have I Got News For You has a lot to answer for, for thrusting this dipst into the public consciousness as some sort of loveable doofus who we can all get behind. When has he ever looked capable of anything beyond playing the fool?

Surely his own brother abandoning him underlines this whole sorry fiasco.

The sooner he and his cronies are out of Downing Street, the sooner we can move on as a nation -be that in or out of the EU.
How on earth is BJ's vision for Brexit a money spinner? I thought the reason he'd been defeated in the commons so consistently is that the opposition to his Brexit strategy are predicting a total melt down of the UK economy?

vonuber

12,388 posts

112 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
JagLover said:
vonuber said:
So annoying European leaders is the role of the uk pm?
In the current circumstances where he has to push hard for the UKs interests, and undo the damage May did, yes.
And you think that is the best way to negotiate (regardless of the perception it gives of the UK)?

IforB

6,524 posts

176 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
JagLover said:
IforB said:
The Government has lost every single vote put forward in Parliament.
A government committed to Brexit was always likely to lose every vote in a parliament dominated by remain that related to such a matter.

That is not a measure of competence. If the next election produces a Tory majority and Johnson continues to lose votes then that would be a matter of competence because it would mean the candidate selection was off and/or not enough Remainers had been purged.
Of course it is a matter of competence. You can't spin that as anything but a shambles.

Even with a 3 line whip in place, Johnson couldn't even keep order in his own party. A leader who cannot command the respect of their own organisation is not much of a leader.

What this tells you is that Johnson thought he'd have the horsepower to get things through Parliament, but they didn't.

They didn't even command enough support from their own team to maintain control of the Parliamentary order paper. They had no ability to stop those opposed to them.

Even May managed that. She at least kept her own party together, with all of it's different factions and infighting, she managed that. Johnson has completely and utterly failed at that.

To try and argue that he is not at fault is just incorrect. He is in charge, therefore the responsibility lies with him. Looking around for scapegoats to excuse awful results is what terrible managers do and Johnson is a terrible, terrible manager.

He isn't trusted by his own team of advisers (which is why he is kept away from speaking as much as possible) he isn't trusted by senior people in his own party. He isn't trusted by a huge swathe of the electorate. He isn't trusted by Parliament.

He is incompetent and unfit to be the leader of this great country. Especially at a time like this.

philv

2,152 posts

161 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
vonuber said:
JagLover said:
vonuber said:
So annoying European leaders is the role of the uk pm?
In the current circumstances where he has to push hard for the UKs interests, and undo the damage May did, yes.
And you think that is the best way to negotiate (regardless of the perception it gives of the UK)?
So be should stand there and just suffer tne abuse?
He should have told tnem to fk off imho.

The eu are playing games and trying to humilliate, etc a representative of tne uk/tne uk.

The allegence to tne eu is so great, that people are happy to have the uk treated like this.
Sad world.
Sad people.

Stay in Bed Instead

17,475 posts

104 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
philv said:
So be should stand there and just suffer tne abuse?
He should have told tnem to fk off imho.

The eu are playing games and trying to humilliate, etc a representative of tne uk/tne uk.

The allegence to tne eu is s great, that people are happy to have the uk treated like this.
What abuse?

The EU don't need to humiliate the UK, they are doing an excellent job of it all by themselves.

WCZ

7,293 posts

141 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
IforB said:
What?

Really?

Dear Lord...

Let us look at the incontrovertible facts.

Since Johnson has taken over the following things have happened:

The Government has lost its majority.

The Government has lost every single vote put forward in Parliament.

Lifelong Tory grandees have been booted out of the Party without so much as a by your leave.

The Prime Minister's own brother accused him of not acting in the country's best interest and resigned as a minister.

The Government has numerous times refused to act in accordance with the law.

The PM has been found guilty of lying to the Queen. There is currently an appeal to try and overturn that, but right now he is guilty.

All of this in just a few weeks.

If that says competent to you, then your definition is somewhat different to mine.
these are all things he was forced to do to push through the will of the people (no deal).

he was left with no other choice

smn159

5,887 posts

164 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
WCZ said:
the will of the people (no deal).
Yeah, let me stop you there hehe

JagLover

26,823 posts

182 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
IforB said:
Of course it is a matter of competence. You can't spin that as anything but a shambles.

Even with a 3 line whip in place, Johnson couldn't even keep order in his own party. A leader who cannot command the respect of their own organisation is not much of a leader.

What this tells you is that Johnson thought he'd have the horsepower to get things through Parliament, but they didn't.

They didn't even command enough support from their own team to maintain control of the Parliamentary order paper. They had no ability to stop those opposed to them.
.
What that tells me is that Johnson wanted to get rid of two dozen Tory Remainers before a GE campaign. What went wrong was Labour not agreeing to a GE on 15 October, but that is a matter of delay rather than the fundamental strategy being necessarily wrong. We will have to wait to see how things turn out to asses that.

IforB

6,524 posts

176 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
WCZ said:
IforB said:
What?

Really?

Dear Lord...

Let us look at the incontrovertible facts.

Since Johnson has taken over the following things have happened:

The Government has lost its majority.

The Government has lost every single vote put forward in Parliament.

Lifelong Tory grandees have been booted out of the Party without so much as a by your leave.

The Prime Minister's own brother accused him of not acting in the country's best interest and resigned as a minister.

The Government has numerous times refused to act in accordance with the law.

The PM has been found guilty of lying to the Queen. There is currently an appeal to try and overturn that, but right now he is guilty.

All of this in just a few weeks.

If that says competent to you, then your definition is somewhat different to mine.
these are all things he was forced to do to push through the will of the people (no deal).

he was left with no other choice
What? Are you saying that as the person in charge, he was forced to do all of this? He was forced to make himself look like an incompetent fool?

A bold strategy. Let's see how it plays out...

As for the will of the people being for a no-deal. I don't remember that being an option on my ballot paper.


XCP

14,310 posts

175 months

Tuesday 17th September
quotequote all
Please explain how he was forced to ( at best) mislead The Queen?