Vegan Snowflakes

Author
Discussion

Some Guy

Original Poster:

937 posts

49 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...

Caddyshack

2,479 posts

164 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Some Guy said:
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...
Who would have thanked that a sausage roll could contain sausage....I am thinking of having "contains meat" tattooed on my todger.....to rule out an misunderstanding

gazza285

6,676 posts

166 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Hasn’t eaten meat for a whole two years...

Pinoyuk

422 posts

14 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Amazing just how few vegans you find in poor countries !! Bet Oxfam are not catering for any in Ethiopia etc .Well other than the volunteers on Gap years ! Its a pointless lifestyle taken by very “needy insecure types “

Vanden Saab

6,911 posts

32 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Caddyshack said:
Some Guy said:
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...
Who would have thanked that a sausage roll could contain sausage....I am thinking of having "contains meat" tattooed on my todger.....to rule out an misunderstanding
I wouldn't it would read tit when you were cold...

Caddyshack

2,479 posts

164 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Vanden Saab said:
Caddyshack said:
Some Guy said:
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...
Who would have thanked that a sausage roll could contain sausage....I am thinking of having "contains meat" tattooed on my todger.....to rule out an misunderstanding
I wouldn't it would read tit when you were cold...
Good point....maybe a small print of "thoroughly heat first"

B'stard Child

20,164 posts

204 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
Caddyshack said:
Vanden Saab said:
Caddyshack said:
Some Guy said:
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...
Who would have thanked that a sausage roll could contain sausage....I am thinking of having "contains meat" tattooed on my todger.....to rule out an misunderstanding
I wouldn't it would read tit when you were cold...
Good point....maybe a small print of "thoroughly heat first"
t

"tit" that tends to imply some sort of uneven contraction surely it would read "Cant" - merely needing an arrow added at the sharp end for perfect context

FN2TypeR

7,091 posts

51 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
Pinoyuk said:
Amazing just how few vegans you find in poor countries !! Bet Oxfam are not catering for any in Ethiopia etc .Well other than the volunteers on Gap years ! Its a pointless lifestyle taken by very “needy insecure types “
Boom! Can't argue with this kind of razor sharp analysis can we? Close the thread!

Cantaloupe

1,056 posts

18 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
FN2TypeR said:
Boom! Can't argue with this kind of razor sharp analysis can we? Close the thread!
Sarcasm is neither appropriate or witty, go to your room.



wisbech

1,591 posts

79 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
Pinoyuk said:
Amazing just how few vegans you find in poor countries !! Bet Oxfam are not catering for any in Ethiopia etc .Well other than the volunteers on Gap years ! Its a pointless lifestyle taken by very “needy insecure types “
Strict Indian Vegetarian/ Jain cooking, while not vegan (milk products are allowed) have some rules even stricter. Ie no vegetables obtained by killing the plant (so onions and garlic are out)

Pretty common in South India (why airlines have both Indian veg meals and strict Indian veg meals for order)


CoolC

3,957 posts

172 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
Vegan goes into Greggs, that fine purveyor of meat based foodstuffs, orders a sausage roll, receives a sausage roll and is surprised that it contains sausage meat. rolleyesbiggrin

The Wookie

12,256 posts

186 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
wisbech said:
Pinoyuk said:
Amazing just how few vegans you find in poor countries !! Bet Oxfam are not catering for any in Ethiopia etc .Well other than the volunteers on Gap years ! Its a pointless lifestyle taken by very “needy insecure types “
Strict Indian Vegetarian/ Jain cooking, while not vegan (milk products are allowed) have some rules even stricter. Ie no vegetables obtained by killing the plant (so onions and garlic are out)

Pretty common in South India (why airlines have both Indian veg meals and strict Indian veg meals for order)
Can you eat meat from an animal which has died of natural causes?

IanJ9375

1,263 posts

174 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
DDg said:
"Angry Gammons triggered by sensationalist stories"
That's the hard right end of the snowflake scale - yin and yang for balance lol

PurpleTurtle

4,260 posts

102 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
I'm not vegan, but respect people's view if they want to be. There's a very interesting documentary on the iPlayer at the moment as it goes with Jermaine Jenas, "When Football Went Vegan" ... I digress.

My initial reaction was "why would a vegan even be in Greggs? It's not very 'vegan' is it?"

Turns out they love a vegan sausage roll!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/14/g...

I'm just a bit confused by it all; vegans make a lifestyle choice on ethical grounds, but then some go and buy vegan products from a company that is very successful at selling sausage rolls and steak bakes. If I were vegan, Greggs wouldn't even feature on my radar - I wouldn't want to give my hard-earned to a company that sells meat-based products.

Each to their own though. I might go try one of these 'ere vegan sausage rolls, see if they are any good.



Edited by PurpleTurtle on Tuesday 22 October 11:14

Vanden Saab

6,911 posts

32 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
PurpleTurtle said:
I'm not vegan, but respect people's view if they want to be. There's a very interesting documentary on the iPlayer at the moment as it goes with Jermaine Jenas, "When Football Went Vegan" ... I digress.

My initial reaction was "why would a vegan even be in Greggs? It's not very 'vegan' is it?"

Turns out they love a vegan sausage roll!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/14/g...

I'm just a bit confused by it all; vegans make a lifestyle choice on ethical grounds, but then some go and buy vegan products from a company that is very successful at selling sausage rolls and steak bakes. If I were vegan, Greggs wouldn't even feature on my radar - I wouldn't want to give my hard-earned to a company that sells meat-based products.

You are assuming that all vegans do not eat meat for ethical reasons which is far from the case.

austinsmirk

3,838 posts

81 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
A really good friend of mine from Tanzania sees no point in being veggie. If you've had nothing and been poor like him (and none of us ever have)- you aspire to eat good food, eg meat.

veg is at the bottom of the pile. eating veg is a sign of poverty.

Of course he eats fruit and veg, (he's one of the best cyclists I know and you need a good diet) but there is no point to restrict yourself in our western world other than for vanity. but of course, eat a good diet.

wisbech

1,591 posts

79 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
The Wookie said:
Can you eat meat from an animal which has died of natural causes?
Don’t think so. Pretty sure no. Leather/ glue from naturally dead animals is OK though

Pan Pan Pan

6,489 posts

69 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
The Wookie said:
wisbech said:
Pinoyuk said:
Amazing just how few vegans you find in poor countries !! Bet Oxfam are not catering for any in Ethiopia etc .Well other than the volunteers on Gap years ! Its a pointless lifestyle taken by very “needy insecure types “
Strict Indian Vegetarian/ Jain cooking, while not vegan (milk products are allowed) have some rules even stricter. Ie no vegetables obtained by killing the plant (so onions and garlic are out)

Pretty common in South India (why airlines have both Indian veg meals and strict Indian veg meals for order)
Can you eat meat from an animal which has died of natural causes?
Perhaps even more to the point would you even want to ? smile

Pothole

30,972 posts

240 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
Caddyshack said:
Some Guy said:
Vegan "traumatised for life" after eating sausage roll that contained sausage meat.

"A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/vegan-traumatised-l...
Who would have thanked that a sausage roll could contain sausage....I am thinking of having "contains meat" tattooed on my todger.....to rule out an misunderstanding
I think the caption on the photo tells us what the Daily Mail in disguise thinks of the foolish girl:

"Sharleen was unhappy at being served a sausage-filled sausage roll"

Roman Rhodes

2,437 posts

47 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
austinsmirk said:
A really good friend of mine from Tanzania sees no point in being veggie. If you've had nothing and been poor like him (and none of us ever have)- you aspire to eat good food, eg meat.

veg is at the bottom of the pile. eating veg is a sign of poverty.

Of course he eats fruit and veg, (he's one of the best cyclists I know and you need a good diet) but there is no point to restrict yourself in our western world other than for vanity. but of course, eat a good diet.
"Vanity"? confused