46th President of the United States, Joe Biden

46th President of the United States, Joe Biden

Author
Discussion

Lord Marylebone

12,653 posts

144 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Castrol for a knave said:
BlackLabel said:
Will we see a continuation of Obama’s second term or will Biden forge his own path?
From what I have read and heard, Biden will be better able to navigate his way with the Senate than Obama- he's more likely and more adept at cutting deals with the GOP than Obama was.
Yes.

Biden has been a senator for decades and is very good as crossing the aisle to get things done and to negotiate.

Deathmole

959 posts

9 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Ructions said:
Eric Mc said:
This thread will probably struggle to reach 1,000 posts in four years - which is fine by me.
Says poster with over 112000 posts.
Not sure how that is relevant?

GroundZero

811 posts

18 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
A number of vids circulating on social media showing vote counters altering the ballots.
If found to be genuine I don't think Trump is going to let such activities go without recourse. Messy days ahead.


Flibble

5,658 posts

145 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
GroundZero said:
A number of vids circulating on social media showing vote counters altering the ballots.
If found to be genuine I don't think Trump is going to let such activities go without recourse. Messy days ahead.
They are copying damaged ballots so the machines can process them, it is perfectly normal.

I think fraudulently changing ballots on live stream would be a bit foolish, no?

Crackie

5,209 posts

206 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
zygalski said:
The yellow one is vanquished. Such a shame.
Here's to 4 years (hopefully) of grandpa Joe. Let's hope America can start the healing. They certainly need to.
I miss Obama, he would be perfect to have right now to start the healing process............Nobel Peace Prize after only eight months in office etc etc. Ironically, after being awarded the peace prize, he then proceeded to start wars or military campaigns in seven different countries. Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria. Hundreds of thousands of civilians dead but hey, it's all good, at least Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Libya now have a shiny new central bank as compensation. Yay.

We should have a PH poll, Who do you think Biden will go for next? Personally, I think Iran needs a central bank more than Cuba and North Korea.

This isn't some advocation of Trump, I think he is a bizarre narcissist and am dismayed that Americans voted in sufficient numbers to elect him.

Let's not forget, his immediate predecessors were reprehensible too...........

Let's see what Biden brings.......

Edited by Crackie on Friday 6th November 15:24

Lord Marylebone

12,653 posts

144 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
GroundZero said:
A number of vids circulating on social media showing vote counters altering the ballots.
If found to be genuine I don't think Trump is going to let such activities go without recourse. Messy days ahead.
For crying out loud, I am absolutely sick of reading stuff like this.

It is likely I see similar things to you on social media. I certainly saw the 'ballot altering video', but I spent 30 seconds researching the video and concluded satisfactorily that it was simply votes having their legibility improved so they could be processed.

Here's a tip for you: Whenever you see stuff on social media, assume it is likely to be misleading, a half story, or just flat out bullst. Do yourself a favour and actually read into things properly before believing everything you see.

purplepenguin

1,210 posts

151 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Does that tip include PH forums?

Byker28i

33,821 posts

181 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Should we start a new thread - ex potus trump, now Individual #1

SWoll

10,854 posts

222 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Crackie said:
I miss Obama, he would be perfect to have right now to start the healing process............Nobel Peace Prize after only eight months in office etc etc. Ironically, after being awarded the peace prize, he then proceeded to start wars or military campaigns in seven different countries. Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria. Hundreds of thousands of civilians dead but hey, it's all good, at least Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Libya now have a shiny new central bank as compensation. Yay.

We should have a PH poll, Who do you think Biden will go for next? Personally, I think Iran needs a central bank more than Cuba and North Korea.

This isn't some advocation of Trump, I think he is a bizarre narcissist and am dismayed that Americans voted in sufficient numbers to elect him.

Let's not forget, his immediate predecessors were reprehensible too...........

Let's see what Biden brings.......

Edited by Crackie on Friday 6th November 15:24
Indeed, and thank you for putting the effort into posting that.

Remove personalities from the equation and it'll be very interesting to see what the next 4 years brings in actual policies and progress.

Byker28i

33,821 posts

181 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
GroundZero said:
A number of vids circulating on social media showing vote counters altering the ballots.
If found to be genuine I don't think Trump is going to let such activities go without recourse. Messy days ahead.
For crying out loud, I am absolutely sick of reading stuff like this.

It is likely I see similar things to you on social media. I certainly saw the 'ballot altering video', but I spent 30 seconds researching the video and concluded satisfactorily that it was simply votes having their legibility improved so they could be processed.

Here's a tip for you: Whenever you see stuff on social media, assume it is likely to be misleading, a half story, or just flat out bullst. Do yourself a favour and actually read into things properly before believing everything you see.
I think I'm going to spend the next couple of days posting this across all the threads

for those trying to suggest fraud

There's a good fraud watching twitter account here:
https://twitter.com/Ike_Saul/status/13244357973748...

I won't bother repeating any but it easily debunks all the GOP claims

GroundZero

811 posts

18 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
GroundZero said:
A number of vids circulating on social media showing vote counters altering the ballots.
If found to be genuine I don't think Trump is going to let such activities go without recourse. Messy days ahead.
For crying out loud, I am absolutely sick of reading stuff like this.

It is likely I see similar things to you on social media. I certainly saw the 'ballot altering video', but I spent 30 seconds researching the video and concluded satisfactorily that it was simply votes having their legibility improved so they could be processed.

Here's a tip for you: Whenever you see stuff on social media, assume it is likely to be misleading, a half story, or just flat out bullst. Do yourself a favour and actually read into things properly before believing everything you see.
Yes, but also for crying out loud, it looks like they are NOT just making markings clear on a number of these alterations, it can be seen on a number of the videos that one entry is seemingly 'erased' from one part of the ballot paper and another entry is entered in another part of the ballot paper.
The amendment is seemingly being made to various areas of the ballot paper. This would not indicate just a clarity issue but an amendment.

How wide spread it is I have no idea, but I also take social media videos with a pinch of salt. But from a position of the current Trump administration, I think they will be looking at the issue in very close detail.

blackrabbit

440 posts

9 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Crackie said:
I miss Obama, he would be perfect to have right now to start the healing process............Nobel Peace Prize after only eight months in office etc etc. Ironically, after being awarded the peace prize, he then proceeded to start wars or military campaigns in seven different countries. Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria. Hundreds of thousands of civilians dead but hey, it's all good, at least Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Libya now have a shiny new central bank as compensation. Yay.

We should have a PH poll, Who do you think Biden will go for next? Personally, I think Iran needs a central bank more than Cuba and North Korea.

This isn't some advocation of Trump, I think he is a bizarre narcissist and am dismayed that Americans voted in sufficient numbers to elect him.

Let's not forget, his immediate predecessors were reprehensible too...........

Let's see what Biden brings.......

Edited by Crackie on Friday 6th November 15:24
Indeed, and thank you for putting the effort into posting that.

Remove personalities from the equation and it'll be very interesting to see what the next 4 years brings in actual policies and progress.
Its what I keep on saying. Remove the hatred of Trumps personality and media bias and the last 4 years have been good in the US until Covid. If Biden is smart he will change nothing but perception.

Eric Mc

114,678 posts

229 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Does the largest Government debt in history count as "good" then?

LordGrover

32,166 posts

176 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
The Rotrex Kid said:
270towin calling PA for Biden showing him at 273 and done....

A bit premature, no?

Current state of play:

SWoll

10,854 posts

222 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Eric Mc said:
Does the largest Government debt in history count as "good" then?
Remind me, when did Obama come into power again?


blackrabbit

440 posts

9 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Eric Mc said:
Does the largest Government debt in history count as "good" then?
There was a reason the Dems ran on identity politics and not the economy you know?

blackrabbit

440 posts

9 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
As predicted we already have infighting :

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/democratic...

Eric Mc

114,678 posts

229 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
blackrabbit said:
Eric Mc said:
Does the largest Government debt in history count as "good" then?
There was a reason the Dems ran on identity politics and not the economy you know?
What on earth are you talking about? Address the issue and don't try some imbecilic deflection tactic (fairly normal for Trumpistas, I know).

The deficit as it exists today was brought about by Donald J Trump.

You obviously think that this was a "good thing" - which just shows how delusional Trump acolytes are. Only a few years ago a Republican would never have countenanced such a thing.



Eric Mc

114,678 posts

229 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
blackrabbit said:
As predicted we already have infighting :

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/democratic...
Debate within a party is actually a good thing - or are you too dumb to understand this?

Cold

10,800 posts

54 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Given how this election is hardly a landslide result, I'd suggest that America is just as divided today as it was yesterday.