45th President of the United States, Donald Trump (Vol. 12)

45th President of the United States, Donald Trump (Vol. 12)

Author
Discussion

MrsMiggins

2,343 posts

204 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Trump's jailed former lawyer Michael Cohen reckons that Jared Kushner has flipped to save himself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-thin...

Given Jared's father's brush with the law that would not be a surprise.

AW111

7,141 posts

102 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Prolex-UK said:
Byker28i said:
Prolex-UK said:
spikeyhead said:
I'm another one thankful to Byker for continuing to summarise the news.
I reported him.

Out of order
Out of interest why, or just a continuation of the attempt to get me banned again?
Was the poster I reported not you Byker (see Kinky's post)
You can ignore my request for clarification then. Thanks.


Edited by AW111 on Sunday 1st August 11:31

captain_cynic

7,320 posts

64 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
pincher said:
Genuine question - do you honestly believe that Trump will even get to trial, let alone go to jail?
I see him being convicted but having a breakdown or health crisis at the last minute that sees him remanded to a hospital.

There is now simply too much evidence of Trump's misdeeds to be ignored.

This is, of course, assuming his poor lifestyle doesn't kill him first.

gazza285

7,720 posts

177 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
I think we will have to wait until Trump is dead for all the details to emerge, much like with Maxwell.

AW111

7,141 posts

102 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
gazza285 said:
I think we will have to wait until Trump is dead for all the details to emerge, much like with Maxwell.
Does Ivanka get to copy Ghislaine's career then?

Max_Torque

16,979 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
I have to say perhaps my greatest surprise and dissapointment is that with Trump gone, the GOP is still pushing lies, conspiracy theories and the like, when that would have been an ideal time to call time on all that nonsense and hate and have a "reset" of the party ethics. Unfortunately it seems like many of the GOP are like Trump himself (racist, gready, with zero empathy for others) and can't let go of what they see as a sure fire ticket to power.....

eldar

16,991 posts

165 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Max_Torque said:
I have to say perhaps my greatest surprise and dissapointment is that with Trump gone, the GOP is still pushing lies, conspiracy theories and the like, when that would have been an ideal time to call time on all that nonsense and hate and have a "reset" of the party ethics. Unfortunately it seems like many of the GOP are like Trump himself (racist, gready, with zero empathy for others) and can't let go of what they see as a sure fire ticket to power.....
Long established and electable political party hi jacked by extremists. Obviously learned nothing from the Labour Party, Militant and Momentum.

Winning the party does not lead to winning elections.

RichTT

1,385 posts

140 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
AW111 said:
Does Ivanka get to copy Ghislaine's career then?
She's managed to stay alive longer than Epstein has.

Byker28i

36,786 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Max_Torque said:
I have to say perhaps my greatest surprise and dissapointment is that with Trump gone, the GOP is still pushing lies, conspiracy theories and the like, when that would have been an ideal time to call time on all that nonsense and hate and have a "reset" of the party ethics. Unfortunately it seems like many of the GOP are like Trump himself (racist, gready, with zero empathy for others) and can't let go of what they see as a sure fire ticket to power.....
MCarthy is still meeting with trump, announced his picks for the house investigation after meeting trump, which included gym jordan...
GOP is letting trump pull strings in the background. Just how much dirt on people does trump have? We know it's his form from his business, we know many GOP switched allegience, especially Lyndsey Graham. The others such as Cruz are opportunists...

Whats obvious is McConnell is lost with where the party is going. 7 months on only just recognising that it's GOP voters not getting vaccinated and getting infected? No control of the split in the party, no control over Greene and Boebert and Gaetz.

The GOP is a dead party as it was known, trump killed it. No wonder many saw what was happening and didn't stand in 2020.

Byker28i

36,786 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Another Capitol arrest as Glenn Allen Brooks sent photos of himself to his church group and someone passed it to the FBI
https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-breach/pro-tru...

Byker28i

36,786 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
captain_cynic said:
pincher said:
Genuine question - do you honestly believe that Trump will even get to trial, let alone go to jail?
I see him being convicted but having a breakdown or health crisis at the last minute that sees him remanded to a hospital.

There is now simply too much evidence of Trump's misdeeds to be ignored.

This is, of course, assuming his poor lifestyle doesn't kill him first.
There's a storm building against trump. His corrupt business dealings, how he grifted money from his inauguration fund into his pocket, how he moved campaign funds into his pocket and probably his Stop the Steal pac funds into his pocket, the investigation into his money has now moving on with his taxes having to be turned over...

Then there's the sexual assault cases, the investigations into Ukraine of team trump members like Giuliani etc...in which more will come out about trumps attempt to manufacture dirt on Biden... the attempt top rig the election in Georgia - his calls to people, same in at least 3 other states...
Then there's his whole insurrection attempt, calls to senators whilst it was ongoing, the blocking of any help going to the capitol (in like flynn), and then all the efforts since...

It's all starting to come out, there's too much for him to escape any punishment, and once it starts, it'll snowball and he won't be able to defend on all fronts...

Byker28i

36,786 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
The grift continues. $82m donated in the last 6 months to trump...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/31/politics/donald...

Challo

6,757 posts

124 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
captain_cynic said:
pincher said:
Genuine question - do you honestly believe that Trump will even get to trial, let alone go to jail?
I see him being convicted but having a breakdown or health crisis at the last minute that sees him remanded to a hospital.

There is now simply too much evidence of Trump's misdeeds to be ignored.

This is, of course, assuming his poor lifestyle doesn't kill him first.
There's a storm building against trump. His corrupt business dealings, how he grifted money from his inauguration fund into his pocket, how he moved campaign funds into his pocket and probably his Stop the Steal pac funds into his pocket, the investigation into his money has now moving on with his taxes having to be turned over...

Then there's the sexual assault cases, the investigations into Ukraine of team trump members like Giuliani etc...in which more will come out about trumps attempt to manufacture dirt on Biden... the attempt top rig the election in Georgia - his calls to people, same in at least 3 other states...
Then there's his whole insurrection attempt, calls to senators whilst it was ongoing, the blocking of any help going to the capitol (in like flynn), and then all the efforts since...

It's all starting to come out, there's too much for him to escape any punishment, and once it starts, it'll snowball and he won't be able to defend on all fronts...
I think while the GOP are fully behind Trump he will be protected. He is on the ticket for 2024 and they will do what they can to support him.

Byker28i

36,786 posts

186 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Challo said:
I think while the GOP are fully behind Trump he will be protected. He is on the ticket for 2024 and they will do what they can to support him.
Well, he says he is, but then he also says he will be reinstated on 13th August...
Meanwhile the grift continues and people have given him $82m...

Challo

6,757 posts

124 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
Challo said:
I think while the GOP are fully behind Trump he will be protected. He is on the ticket for 2024 and they will do what they can to support him.
Well, he says he is, but then he also says he will be reinstated on 13th August...
Meanwhile the grift continues and people have given him $82m...
I think he will run in 2024. His ego means he can’t give up the chance to be president again

14

1,662 posts

130 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Challo said:
Byker28i said:
Challo said:
I think while the GOP are fully behind Trump he will be protected. He is on the ticket for 2024 and they will do what they can to support him.
Well, he says he is, but then he also says he will be reinstated on 13th August...
Meanwhile the grift continues and people have given him $82m...
I think he will run in 2024. His ego means he can’t give up the chance to be president again
He might, but I don’t think he’ll do so as a Republican candidate. I think by then there will be too much evidence against him and Mitch McConnell will have to sever ties with him.

RichTT

1,385 posts

140 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
I actually think the best thing he could do would be to run as an independent. GOP members would be so torn between staying as a republican or following trump. Tear the party apart from within. Allow the moderates to continue as a separate party, allow the democrats to attempt to move the country along.

captain_cynic

7,320 posts

64 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
RichTT said:
I actually think the best thing he could do would be to run as an independent. GOP members would be so torn between staying as a republican or following trump. Tear the party apart from within. Allow the moderates to continue as a separate party, allow the democrats to attempt to move the country along.
This is what I think will happen.

But in reverse, the Republican party as it stands is the Trump party. This is bound to rub most "small c" conservatives the wrong way as Trumpists are anything but conservative (as in small govt, low tax, et al. kind of conservative). So I expect conservatives to run under a different banner as Trump and his allies have a firm hold on the Republican party.

As for Trump, I wont even put money on him being alive in 2024... let alone free and running for president but there is no shortage of populist demagogues to replace him (I.E. Tucker Carlson).

_dobbo_

12,698 posts

217 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
Well, he says he is, but then he also says he will be reinstated on 13th August...
Meanwhile the grift continues and people have given him $82m...
Amazingly, and as nobody could have possibly predicted, the $82 million was a lie. Who would have guessed?!

They counted money they transferred between PACs as donations to inflate the number and make it seem more impressive.




captain_cynic

7,320 posts

64 months

Sunday 1st August
quotequote all
Has anyone thought of just Franco-ing Trump and his supporters?

During Francisco Franco's last days he simply told he was in charge, given papers to sign, et al. However this was an act by his staff as they'd already pretty much started ignoring him and planning for governance after his death.

Why can't we do that with Trump, "Sure Mr Trump, you're still president, here are some blank documents, your golf appointment is at 10". It wouldn't be too hard to prevent him from learning the truth, just keep him watching Fox/OANN and it's not like he gets out and talks to common people. It would be a hilarious way of keeping Trump from doing dangerous things.