CV19 - Cure worse than the disease? (Vol 10)

CV19 - Cure worse than the disease? (Vol 10)

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

MaxFromage

706 posts

95 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Ntv said:
Does anyone here believe furlough in July and August will actually add value to the economy?

Actually I think it might be a clever ploy by the Govt to highlight the businesses taking the piss over the Summer, which will lead them straight to the furlough fraudsters...

wiggy001

5,924 posts

235 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
V8 Stang said:
R Mutt said:
Otispunkmeyer said:
I mean how many people know you should be disposing of the blue masks after 4-6hrs of use? (there are a few papers showing their effectiveness degrades after this time, and it’s PHE advice), That you should be washing those cloth reusable ones at least once a day? That you should be storing the mask folded neatly inside a ziplock bag? (Some of this is PHE advice, some CDC etc).



Edited by Otispunkmeyer on Tuesday 2nd March 20:35
A dental nurse told me she'd have to dispose of them every half hour (presumably between patients)

Edited by R Mutt on Wednesday 3rd March 20:15
The disposable in my glove box has been on the go since September. hehe
My cloth mask hasn’t been washed since it game out the packet 11 months ago.

Maybe all the dead bodies lining the street are our fault? hehe

Ntv

2,183 posts

87 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Alucidnation said:
Steve vRS said:
Ntv said:
I have a snood that has never been washed. Seen me through one pandemic and no doubt it will still be going strong and up for it when the next one strikes
All I use are snoods or buffs but I do wash them every day, if not for anyone else but for my own hygiene. Do you follow the same logic with pants?
hehe
No, but I don't talk ste

Thin White Duke

1,876 posts

124 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
jimmythingy said:
I've just found out today that my dentist is no longer doing NHS work after the the 1st May so I will have pay £16 per month each for the wife and I. This has been blamed on Covid and NHS funding cutbacks.

Also three other dentists in the area have done the same and the others have 3 year waiting lists.

Speaking to one practice, they said that due to Covid they are seeing half less patients but there substantial operating costs have not changed and can't see this changing for a long while.

I see the future will be paying for more NHS services
I haven't been to my dentist (NHS) since February 2020. Normally they send for me every 6 months. I guess with Covid they're not doing anything non-urgent. Attached to the same practice is one that does denplan at around £16 per month. I hope my dentist stays NHS. I'm not paying monthly for something I don't need.

Surely the dentists only have themselves to blame. I don't think anyone has stopped them from doing routine work. They must've made that decision themselves. The cynic in me thinks a lot of folk have used Covid as an excuse for an easy year.

I also don't get the funding problem. We've just spent X number of billions propping up the economy and paying furlough, but the NHS has had funding cutbacks. This is a joke. The money should've been spent on boosting the NHS and not on the restrictions.

Ntv

2,183 posts

87 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
wiggy001 said:
V8 Stang said:
R Mutt said:
Otispunkmeyer said:
I mean how many people know you should be disposing of the blue masks after 4-6hrs of use? (there are a few papers showing their effectiveness degrades after this time, and it’s PHE advice), That you should be washing those cloth reusable ones at least once a day? That you should be storing the mask folded neatly inside a ziplock bag? (Some of this is PHE advice, some CDC etc).



Edited by Otispunkmeyer on Tuesday 2nd March 20:35
A dental nurse told me she'd have to dispose of them every half hour (presumably between patients)

Edited by R Mutt on Wednesday 3rd March 20:15
The disposable in my glove box has been on the go since September. hehe
My cloth mask hasn’t been washed since it game out the packet 11 months ago.

Maybe all the dead bodies lining the street are our fault? hehe
Well my unwashed snood (which actually doesn't smell) is affectionately known as Harold

bern

713 posts

184 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Graveworm said:
bern said:
So once you're voted in it's a free reign? No parliamentary scrutiny, no oversight. Just wave through the biggest change in this countries governance ever on a Wednesday afternoon when all the MP's have fked off for Easter. No biggie.

What's the point of 630 MP's? We could just have a dozen or so minister's, we could call it a politburo maybe?
Any one of the 630 MPs had a right to table a motion to stop any of the SI's within 40 days of them being levelled. If they won then it would have been overturned. It was taken to court which also had the power to overturn them. Both are examples of accountability and oversight. They could call a vote of no confidence in the government and form another government to change things.

Parliament voted on 30 percent of them.

And again it's a straw man, democracy is not about how well it works, it's the system, we have a democratic system, it hasn't been overturned or suspended. Some of the worst governments were democratically elected and some benevolent dictators were amongst the best. It's only as good as the people who stand and who get elected.


Edited by Graveworm on Wednesday 3rd March 21:03
Yep, you've convinced me. Absolutely nothing untoward has happened to our democracy in the last 12 months.

Anyway, I'm off to find one of these benevolent dictators...

Cold

10,804 posts

54 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
"Obesity linked to hundreds of thousands of Covid-19 deaths, says report"

Article said:
Obesity has been linked to a higher risk of severe Covid-19 and death from the disease.

And a World Obesity Federation report claims that around nine in 10 Covid-19 deaths have occurred in countries with high obesity rates.

This includes the UK which has the third-highest Covid death rate in the world and the fourth-highest obesity rate.
Link to article: https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/national/19133...

Link to 227 page pdf from World Obesity Federation: https://www.worldobesityday.org/assets/downloads/C...

Sheepshanks

23,469 posts

83 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Thin White Duke said:
jimmythingy said:
I've just found out today that my dentist is no longer doing NHS work after the the 1st May so I will have pay £16 per month each for the wife and I. This has been blamed on Covid and NHS funding cutbacks.

Also three other dentists in the area have done the same and the others have 3 year waiting lists.

Speaking to one practice, they said that due to Covid they are seeing half less patients but there substantial operating costs have not changed and can't see this changing for a long while.

I see the future will be paying for more NHS services
I haven't been to my dentist (NHS) since February 2020. Normally they send for me every 6 months. I guess with Covid they're not doing anything non-urgent. Attached to the same practice is one that does denplan at around £16 per month. I hope my dentist stays NHS. I'm not paying monthly for something I don't need.

Surely the dentists only have themselves to blame. I don't think anyone has stopped them from doing routine work. They must've made that decision themselves. The cynic in me thinks a lot of folk have used Covid as an excuse for an easy year.

I also don't get the funding problem. We've just spent X number of billions propping up the economy and paying furlough, but the NHS has had funding cutbacks. This is a joke. The money should've been spent on boosting the NHS and not on the restrictions.
I think, bar minor reductions early on as they were closed and had no consumables costs, dentists have been getting their normal NHS payments right through.

The Ferret

714 posts

124 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
V8 Stang said:
The disposable in my glove box has been on the go since September. hehe
laugh I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve had 2 or 3 kicking around the car since last summer. I leave them on the dashboard when it gets hot, surely that’s as good as a boil wash right?

bodhi

6,189 posts

193 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Cold said:
Sounds like the best course of action in that case would be to close the gyms, tennis courts and golf courses, and start sneering at people who dare to go for a walk more than once a day.

Sorry, but this last year has been characterized by Public Health generally stting the bed. Make exercise difficult, lock people in their houses with not much else to do other than drink and eat and simultaneously drive people's mental health of a fking cliff. I had very little time for Public Health before this, but now I'd suggest firing them all out of a cannon into the sun. Useless fkers.

If they really wanted to go for the full set, they could recommend e-cigarettes are banned so everyone just carries on smoking instead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9309039...

Oh.

Elysium

10,230 posts

151 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Chromegrill said:
Interesting that the idea of simply keeping virtually everyone at home for a few weeks to eliminate the coronavirus is proposed, and immediately jumped upon from a great height by many here as totally unworkable. I don't disagree.

However, there were plenty of people on this forum a while back plugging something even more draconian, namely that we should identify and lock down all the old and clinically vulnerable for a year or more, then let everyone else get on with life. It was called the Great Barrington Declaration. I was never sure who would be looking after the old and vulnerable, and whether they would also (along with their families and children) be expected to be in the locked down population or not. I argued then, and still do, that it was completely unworkable for exactly the same reasons that people here are arguing that eight weeks of strict Wuhan style lockdown would never be acceptable here.
That’s not what the Great Barrington Declaration proposed. Not even close.


steveT350C

5,844 posts

125 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Elysium said:
Since he wrote that, we have allowed them to do it all over again, without so much as a squeak of resistance.
There is no resistance because there in no strength in conviction of individual thought.
Education has been dumbed down since Blair ‘took power’. Conspiracy is just a word, like racist.

Tough times (WW1&2) make strong men.
Strong men make good times.
Good times make weak men.

The men now aged between 25 and 45 in this country think strength is the ability to grow a beard.

I’m out.
Good luck smile


Thin White Duke

1,876 posts

124 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
steveT350C said:
Elysium said:
Since he wrote that, we have allowed them to do it all over again, without so much as a squeak of resistance.
There is no resistance because there in no strength in conviction of individual thought.
Education has been dumbed down since Blair ‘took power’. Conspiracy is just a word, like racist.

Tough times (WW1&2) make strong men.
Strong men make good times.
Good times make weak men.

The men now aged between 25 and 45 in this country think strength is the ability to grow a beard.

I’m out.
Good luck smile
Hey I'm in that age bracket and have never grown a beard. But I do know what you mean. I am very old school in my ways.

I like that quote, I might copy and paste it.

noopets

260 posts

20 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
The Ferret said:
laugh I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve had 2 or 3 kicking around the car since last summer. I leave them on the dashboard when it gets hot, surely that’s as good as a boil wash right?
Disposable masks have become the new Fag butts. Littered around the streets and in hedges all over...

Boringvolvodriver

2,467 posts

7 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
bodhi said:
Cold said:
Sounds like the best course of action in that case would be to close the gyms, tennis courts and golf courses, and start sneering at people who dare to go for a walk more than once a day.

Sorry, but this last year has been characterized by Public Health generally stting the bed. Make exercise difficult, lock people in their houses with not much else to do other than drink and eat and simultaneously drive people's mental health of a fking cliff. I had very little time for Public Health before this, but now I'd suggest firing them all out of a cannon into the sun. Useless fkers.

If they really wanted to go for the full set, they could recommend e-cigarettes are banned so everyone just carries on smoking instead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9309039...

Oh.
Rather than all the stay at home ads that are constantly on, we should have “save lives, protect the NHS, get outside and do some ruddy exercise and stop stuffing your face”



bodhi

6,189 posts

193 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
steveT350C said:
There is no resistance because there in no strength in conviction of individual thought.
Education has been dumbed down since Blair ‘took power’. Conspiracy is just a word, like racist.

Tough times (WW1&2) make strong men.
Strong men make good times.
Good times make weak men.

The men now aged between 25 and 45 in this country think strength is the ability to grow a beard.

I’m out.
Good luck smile
Even though I'm in that age bracket I am struggling to disagree, I do feel like an outlier at times in our friends WhatsApp groups when this comes up for wondering what the hell we are playing at.

I have grown an awesome beard though if I do say so myself smile

Red Devil

12,440 posts

172 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Ntv said:
JuanCarlosFandango said:
CrutyRammers said:
Similar here. It shouldn't, but seeing folks who's biggest risk is doing the school run spouting about "feeling safe" really grates. They're so insulated from actual danger, they've become scared of everything.
I don't for one minute think these people are scared of the virus.

They're scared of being left out of something everyone else is part of. Scared of being seen as awkward and uncooperative. Scared of missing out on the great cleansing. Watching the ark sail away as the waters rise.
Yes. Scared of not conforming.

Runs strong in about 80% of people

Check out the famous Asch experiment if you don't know it.
In 1980 Perrin and Spencer carried out an exact replication using engineering, mathematics and chemistry students as subjects and obtained very different results.
I reckon Milgram's experiment at Yale (bowing to the influence of an authority figure) is more pertinent. Blind unquestioning trust can be sadly misplaced.

The government has taken sweeping powers unto itself to an extent never before seen in the UK during peacetime. Anyone who doesn't find that deeply troubling worries me.
Coupled with a relentless campaign to discredit/supress anyone who dares to have a dissenting PoV by an unholy trinity of Government/MSM/Social Media platforms.
The baleful influence of behavioural scientists and psychologists 'advising' the politicians is plain to see for anyone who can be bothered to look.
Propaganda is a powerful weapon. This was well understood by Herr Goebbels. It took the Allies a bit of time to catch up after the start of WW2.
However we are not at war today, so how are these actions justifiable?

According to the 'roadmap' the earliest date for Stage 4 is 21st June. Yet again too little too late. The 7 day rolling average is at same point now as at the 3rd May 2020.
A full two months earlier, plus one third of the UK population has had their first jab. There appears to be no plan to use that plus the seasonal advantage of spring/summer.

It's like Groundhog Day. rolleyes

If this. If that. New mutation (lethal, naturally). Blah, blah. If this carries on we'll never get out of this depressing pessimism. A scared, cowed, and apathetic population is easily coerced.
It will be so desperate for restoration of the freedoms which the government has taken from them that they will willingly pay almost any price.

paulw123

1,548 posts

154 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
noopets said:
The Ferret said:
laugh I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve had 2 or 3 kicking around the car since last summer. I leave them on the dashboard when it gets hot, surely that’s as good as a boil wash right?
Disposable masks have become the new Fag butts. Littered around the streets and in hedges all over...
Indeed. I had 4 ‘blue disposable masks’ at the start of this nonsense and still have 3 going strong. One in each of my 2 coats and one in the car.

Harrison Bergeron

4,036 posts

186 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Just wear a mask or two you evil bds
https://rationalground.com/more-mask-charts/

RSTurboPaul

5,306 posts

222 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Some teenagers comment on things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2915sb_eM



(No, I don't know WTF is going on with the 1970s haircuts either... lol)
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED