Crypto Currency Thread

Author
Discussion

DonkeyApple

31,667 posts

105 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
dimots said:
DonkeyApple said:
However, why don’t you think about the metric you are going to be using to calculated the BTC amount and explain why the complexity of a route to settlement that deviates from basic principles? biggrin
Not a very well constructed sentence. Too difficult to infer your meaning. Please try again with an explicit statement.
HOW WILL YOU CALCULATE THE SETTLEMENT AMOUNT. SHOW WORKINGS. wink

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
I will send a few grand's worth of btc to Condi. If btc is $1000 when I send it I'll send him $5700 worth of btc.

1 btc = $1000

5.7 btc = $5700

Was that so hard?

DonkeyApple

31,667 posts

105 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
dimots said:
I will send a few grand's worth of btc to Condi. If btc is $1000 when I send it I'll send him $5700 worth of btc.

1 btc = $1000

5.7 btc = $5700

Was that so hard?
Clearly it is. wink

Step processes.

James_B

8,384 posts

193 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
dimots said:
You offered £100 to anyone who would take your bet. The only people you wouldn’t lay against were me and Condi. As you have no chance of losing why are you welching now?
English not your thing either? If I said I had a sofa free to anyone who wanted it would you think it meant multiple sofas?

I’ve still not received a pm off either, which we need, so hopefully they’ll respond soon and we can confirm the details. You’ve already said you’re Welching on the USD aspect so Ibthink my money’s safe, but whichever way it goes I’ll not be responding to you again.

James_B

8,384 posts

193 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Badda said:
Will do, if I win the bet. If I lose, you won't need it. smile
No, not acceptable, that gives you a free option to walk away. Do you work in the city? Happy to meet in person to shake hands on it.
Advertisement

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
James_B said:
No, not acceptable, that gives you a free option to walk away. Do you work in the city? Happy to meet in person to shake hands on it.
Haha you are such a weasel.

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
James_B said:
English not your thing either? If I said I had a sofa free to anyone who wanted it would you think it meant multiple sofas?

I’ve still not received a pm off either, which we need, so hopefully they’ll respond soon and we can confirm the details. You’ve already said you’re Welching on the USD aspect so Ibthink my money’s safe, but whichever way it goes I’ll not be responding to you again.
You don't seem to understand the meaning of welching.

You offered the bet to everyone.

You are a weasel. I knew it biggrin

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
James_B said:
I’m willing to bet he welches. £100, in pounds, to be paid via PayPal. Deal settles a week after he’s due to pay up, Condi’s word is law on whether he was paid out.

All bets off if Dimots ends up winning the bet.

Any takers? Only open to people not in on the original bet of course...
You don't state only one £100 bet is on offer. You state that all bets (that's plural) are off if I win, and you state that it is open to people not in on the original bet. You had better honour this offer James or, as you well understand, you are welching.

Oakey

23,498 posts

152 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
dimots said:
I am paying in bitcoin because this was a bet on bitcoin, on the bitcoin thread, and although you all have an opinion none of you have ever used bitcoin! This is an opportunity to educate and enlighten.

Downloading a bitcoin wallet to your phone and visiting a bitcoin ATM would be the best education on the topic any of you will ever have.
So if you bet on Fury / Wilder at the weekend you'd expected to be paid out in punches to the head?

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Oakey said:
So if you bet on Fury / Wilder at the weekend you'd expected to be paid out in punches to the head?
You may want to try again.

Oakey

23,498 posts

152 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
dimots said:
You may want to try again.
Okay

dimots said:
I don't share personally identifiable information online with strangers. That includes email addresses and banking details.
But you happily provided this information when signing up for a Bitcoin wallet, etc?

Lemming Train

743 posts

8 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
hehe this thread wobble .

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Oakey said:
But you happily provided this information when signing up for a Bitcoin wallet, etc?
No.

Oakey

23,498 posts

152 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Begrudgingly provided it then? hehe

Guvernator

8,973 posts

101 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
It is possible to setup a bitcoin wallet anonymously otherwise it wouldn't have become as popular as it is with certain elements of society.

DonkeyApple

31,667 posts

105 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Oakey said:
dimots said:
I am paying in bitcoin because this was a bet on bitcoin, on the bitcoin thread, and although you all have an opinion none of you have ever used bitcoin! This is an opportunity to educate and enlighten.

Downloading a bitcoin wallet to your phone and visiting a bitcoin ATM would be the best education on the topic any of you will ever have.
So if you bet on Fury / Wilder at the weekend you'd expected to be paid out in punches to the head?

This is the logic. It’s basically an argument that you would go to the horses, place a bet and settle in horse meat. Apparently this is completely normal and how the world now works. wink

‘All bets off’ also has a new meaning.

There does seem to be a lack of comprehension of both currencies and betting flying around at the moment which I suspect is not ideal when attempting to bet on currencies? biggrin

DonkeyApple

31,667 posts

105 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
It is possible to setup a bitcoin wallet anonymously otherwise it wouldn't have become as popular as it is with certain elements of society.
Idiots?

EddieSteadyGo

2,854 posts

139 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
Guvernator said:
It is possible to setup a bitcoin wallet anonymously otherwise it wouldn't have become as popular as it is with certain elements of society.
Idiots?
Crims...

dimots

811 posts

26 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:

This is the logic. It’s basically an argument that you would go to the horses, place a bet and settle in horse meat. Apparently this is completely normal and how the world now works. wink

‘All bets off’ also has a new meaning.

There does seem to be a lack of comprehension of both currencies and betting flying around at the moment which I suspect is not ideal when attempting to bet on currencies? biggrin
Except this applies equally to your insistence the debt be settled in dollars because it was on dollar value.

Joey Deacon

1,287 posts

112 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Ethereum about to drop below $100?

Current cap for Crypto is $121.5 Billion, think we will see $100 Billion by new year?