Show us your real estate pawn (vol 3)

Show us your real estate pawn (vol 3)

Author
Discussion

Pintofbest

674 posts

57 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
This has just gone back on the market near me after a couple of years of ‘updating’. Standard greys everywhere and I can’t fathom the garage situation but I do like the house. Kitchen doesn’t look well planned though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...


FourWheelDrift

78,364 posts

231 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Pintofbest said:
This has just gone back on the market near me after a couple of years of ‘updating’. Standard greys everywhere and I can’t fathom the garage situation but I do like the house. Kitchen doesn’t look well planned though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...

To be honest the interior still looks better than it did last time it was for sale 2007-2010.

2007 brochure when £3,950,000 - https://easyupload.io/pnx9cw

Burwood

13,809 posts

193 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Pintofbest said:
This has just gone back on the market near me after a couple of years of ‘updating’. Standard greys everywhere and I can’t fathom the garage situation but I do like the house. Kitchen doesn’t look well planned though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...

Agreed on the Kitchen but there is a huge column to contend with. At least 35k in Sub Zero appliances so it's a 100k+ kitchen

FourWheelDrift

78,364 posts

231 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Burwood said:
Agreed on the Kitchen but there is a huge column to contend with. At least 35k in Sub Zero appliances so it's a 100k+ kitchen
They have actually relocated the kitchen from a large open space into what was just a inner hall and flower room.

old and new layouts


C Lee Farquar

2,575 posts

163 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Pintofbest said:
This has just gone back on the market near me after a couple of years of ‘updating’. Standard greys everywhere and I can’t fathom the garage situation but I do like the house. Kitchen doesn’t look well planned though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...

The approach is a bit naff but I guess the adjacent old folks home may prove convenient, once you tire of the Fired Earth a couple of fields away.

OzzyR1

3,966 posts

179 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
A bit of fun, can't really call it a nightmare.

The perfect car owners pied-à-terre in Chelsea. A 1 bedroom house with 3 garages. - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...

Just ignore the price.
Even taking into account the area, that's a big asking price - would think someone could get it for £1.1-£1.2m.

Forget the car parking and put an 80m2 basement under the garages for around £500K, change the garages at ground floor to living space. If possible, extend the first floor sideways or upwards.

Could be a £4million 3-bed property if done right in that part of London.

Du1point8

21,100 posts

139 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
JPJPJP said:
Any £3m house in york deserves a mention I suppose

Almery Garth, Marygate, York YO30 7BJ
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...



Edited by JPJPJP on Tuesday 22 October 09:14
Where is that on the street map? The back of the house has no windows and I would assume its backing onto a road or such but cant find it...

FourWheelDrift

78,364 posts

231 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
Where is that on the street map? The back of the house has no windows and I would assume its backing onto a road or such but cant find it...
Here - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marygate+Ln,+Yor...

Escort3500

5,412 posts

92 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
Du1point8 said:
Where is that on the street map? The back of the house has no windows and I would assume its backing onto a road or such but cant find it...
Here - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marygate+Ln,+Yor...
Nice house and handy for the city centre, but near a car park and mixed, high density housing (and the drunks in Museum Gardens), so very overpriced.

JPJPJP

7,734 posts

115 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
I think these are the gates

https://goo.gl/maps/JDbe3zxE8CtrVi7e9

Zonergem

1,221 posts

39 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
I could just about hit the Marygate house with a well-aimed cricket ball from my garden.

Substantial price increase from last time it sold at 1.5m asking in 2016, explained by bold/wacky/OTT interior decor.


Your door opens directly onto a pedestrian lane which nearly always has someone walking on it.



I never have any hassle with drunks in Museum Gardens and the car park isn't a nuisance.

Don't think about driving anywhere in the daytime but it's a very easy 5 mins walk to the station now they've upgraded Scarborough Bridge.

Edited by Zonergem on Friday 25th October 00:31

Escort3500

5,412 posts

92 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
We’ve walked throughout Museum Gardens twice in the daytime recently. The first time we were approached by an aggressive beggar for money, then last week police were breaking up a fight between 4 drunk guys before arresting one of them. It’s not a particularly pleasant place (albeit typical of parks in many towns/cities these days).

FourWheelDrift

78,364 posts

231 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
Pintofbest said:
This has just gone back on the market near me after a couple of years of ‘updating’. Standard greys everywhere and I can’t fathom the garage situation but I do like the house. Kitchen doesn’t look well planned though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/prop...

To be honest the interior still looks better than it did last time it was for sale 2007-2010.

2007 brochure when £3,950,000 - https://easyupload.io/pnx9cw
Just ran a rightmove search and despite being POA it is listed between properties from £10.5m to £10.9m

Can we all say overpriced.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find...

TTmonkey

15,072 posts

194 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
We’ve walked throughout Museum Gardens twice in the daytime recently. The first time we were approached by an aggressive beggar for money, then last week police were breaking up a fight between 4 drunk guys before arresting one of them. It’s not a particularly pleasant place (albeit typical of parks in many towns/cities these days).
Agreed, the parks in even lovely cities like Salisbury can be full of drunks and drug takers in the summer months.


PositronicRay

16,839 posts

130 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
TTmonkey said:
Escort3500 said:
We’ve walked throughout Museum Gardens twice in the daytime recently. The first time we were approached by an aggressive beggar for money, then last week police were breaking up a fight between 4 drunk guys before arresting one of them. It’s not a particularly pleasant place (albeit typical of parks in many towns/cities these days).
Agreed, the parks in even lovely cities like Salisbury can be full of drunks and drug takers in the summer months.
Salisbury is a lovely town, but does seem to attract some dodgy types, particularly market day.

TTmonkey

15,072 posts

194 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
PositronicRay said:
TTmonkey said:
Escort3500 said:
We’ve walked throughout Museum Gardens twice in the daytime recently. The first time we were approached by an aggressive beggar for money, then last week police were breaking up a fight between 4 drunk guys before arresting one of them. It’s not a particularly pleasant place (albeit typical of parks in many towns/cities these days).
Agreed, the parks in even lovely cities like Salisbury can be full of drunks and drug takers in the summer months.
Salisbury is a lovely town, but does seem to attract some dodgy types, particularly market day.
Although the day last summer when my daughter had her wedding photos at the cathedral and overlooking a local park from n of the grand houses, it was surprisingly clear of drunks and druggies, every piece of trash had been cleared, and the parks were immaculate and empty.

You couldn’t see any of the police tape in the photos either.... wink

It was quite an unexpected ‘bright side’.....


phil_cardiff

4,318 posts

155 months

BaldOldMan

962 posts

11 months

Friday 1st November
quotequote all
phil_cardiff said:
I love everything about that

TTmonkey

15,072 posts

194 months

Friday 1st November
quotequote all
phil_cardiff said:
Great house, but I’d wart a garden space of some sort. It appears to haven’t thing.

phil_cardiff

4,318 posts

155 months

Friday 1st November
quotequote all
TTmonkey said:
phil_cardiff said:
Great house, but I’d wart a garden space of some sort. It appears to haven’t thing.
Unfortunately it may well end up as a second house where a garden isn't as important. Or a holiday let.