These pictures make my teeth itch

These pictures make my teeth itch

Author
Discussion

T-195

1,288 posts

6 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
Yes, the Southbank at Hungerford.

silentbrown

4,971 posts

61 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
67Dino said:
It is South Bank by the Hungerford bridge. However, the date and time is wrong. Done some calcs, and the photo IS possible, but only just, and only at one time in the whole year: around 4:45pm on 21st June.
This is why I love this site smile

1951 is Festival of Britain, so loads of photographic evidence of southbank site.

Here's a more longer view - you can see the platforms where the photo was taken from (no drones or polecams in those days!) and the building facade in the background.



https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/th...

blueg33

21,682 posts

169 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
simplygod said:
WTF! Someone needs killing!

Mammasaid

1,277 posts

42 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
Door open warning - name the vehicle


67Dino

1,185 posts

50 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
silentbrown said:
67Dino said:
It is South Bank by the Hungerford bridge. However, the date and time is wrong. Done some calcs, and the photo IS possible, but only just, and only at one time in the whole year: around 4:45pm on 21st June.
This is why I love this site smile

1951 is Festival of Britain, so loads of photographic evidence of southbank site.

Here's a more longer view - you can see the platforms where the photo was taken from (no drones or polecams in those days!) and the building facade in the background.



https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/th...
Thanks! Me too... note: realise I was a bit too definitive there, so have edited my post to add ‘or a few days either side’. Appreciate might not be 21st June itself.

RammyMP

2,880 posts

98 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
Mammasaid said:
Door open warning - name the vehicle

Ford Fiesta?

A chap I used to work with had a 2 door Kia Ceed, when you open a door the light was a 4 door car, it irritated the hell out of him!

silentbrown

4,971 posts

61 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
67Dino said:
Thanks! Me too... note: realise I was a bit too definitive there, so have edited my post to add ‘or a few days either side’. Appreciate might not be 21st June itself.
Finally decoded the writing on the sign: "Regatta Restaurant"

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/wp-content/uplo...

Mammasaid

1,277 posts

42 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
RammyMP said:
Mammasaid said:
Door open warning - name the vehicle

Ford Fiesta?

A chap I used to work with had a 2 door Kia Ceed, when you open a door the light was a 4 door car, it irritated the hell out of him!
Right brand, wrong vehicle...biggrin

It's a Transit, it irks me that a company the size of Ford, can't make a specific icon for a commercial vehicle that sells in the hundred of thousands.....ranting

Funk

Original Poster:

20,604 posts

154 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
Mammasaid said:
Right brand, wrong vehicle...biggrin

It's a Transit, it irks me that a company the size of Ford, can't make a specific icon for a commercial vehicle that sells in the hundred of thousands.....ranting
Why on earth bother when the same dash could easily be used across millions of vehicles instead though..?

Shakermaker

9,577 posts

45 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
That looks like a kind of funky robot dude as well

Nik da Greek

2,466 posts

95 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
Shakermaker said:
That looks like a kind of funky robot dude as well
Pingu innit?


Shakermaker

9,577 posts

45 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all
RoboPingu?!

bristolbaron

1,252 posts

157 months

Monday 19th August
quotequote all

talksthetorque

6,274 posts

80 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
Room for a private hire plate on the side?

Fallingup

796 posts

43 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
Must have got it from a Land Rover dealer

67Dino

1,185 posts

50 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
Fallingup said:
Must have got it from a Land Rover dealer
rofl

DavieW

263 posts

53 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
67Dino said:
Fallingup said:
Must have got it from a Land Rover dealer
rofl
Or Arnold Clark.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

22,387 posts

180 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
RammyMP said:
Mammasaid said:
Door open warning - name the vehicle

Ford Fiesta?

A chap I used to work with had a 2 door Kia Ceed, when you open a door the light was a 4 door car, it irritated the hell out of him!
My TVR convertible has a rear wash wipe setting on the stalk. biggrin

George Smiley

2,578 posts

26 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
Did it work?

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

22,387 posts

180 months

Tuesday 20th August
quotequote all
George Smiley said:
Did it work?
....maybe a Vauxhall Cavalier somewhere in the world couldn't understand the random actions of their rear wiper hehe