Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 5)

Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 5)

Author
Discussion

MartG

14,018 posts

145 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
MartG said:
That would apply to anything which some people like but others don't
Sport is the most common for insults, from those who don't like sport. That's fine, but let us get on with our obsessive and slavish behaviour when discussing our teams.

Those who don't like sport= trying to find something to do on saturday afternoons.
May I point out that this started by someone slagging off people who like a TV show daring to discuss it in public wink

Halmyre

7,030 posts

80 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
gothatway said:
Clockwork Cupcake said:
gothatway said:
That would be a good - or more likely bad - topic for a thread in its own right. I'd start with rallying (in the motorsport sense).
Motorsport (circuit racing) - just driving round and round in circles. smile
Indeed, many in the rallying fraternity do tend to look down on "roundy-roundy" - but presumably there is some insult applied to rallying ?
Driving around aimlessly while someone yells in your ear.

nonsequitur

8,782 posts

57 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
MartG said:
May I point out that this started by someone slagging off people who like a TV show daring to discuss it in public wink
And your good self mentioning '22 grown men chasing a ball around a field'.hehe

droopsnoot

6,563 posts

183 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Web sites that check important stuff at the wrong end of the "transaction". I am trying to develop some code to link to an accounting system, and struggling to find some information in the various bits of documentation, forums, and so on. So I sign in to my developer account, go to the forum, write out a post title, see that it matches some existing titles and have a read through them, but find nothing that helps me. So I carry on now and type out a message stating what I'm looking for, what language I'm using, what I've already tried and what problems I still have, in some detail. I submit it, and it says "sorry, because you only have the trial account, you can't post new topics in the forum".

Well, great. You knew that when I logged in, so why was the "post new topic" option given in the first place? Why let me type all that stuff out?

MartG

14,018 posts

145 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
Web sites that check important stuff at the wrong end of the "transaction".
Often found on postal courier sites, where they let you fill in all the details before checking the destination, then "This service is not available for Scottish Highland destinations"

Advertisement

Krikkit

15,000 posts

122 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
Web sites that check important stuff at the wrong end of the "transaction"...

Well, great. You knew that when I logged in, so why was the "post new topic" option given in the first place? Why let me type all that stuff out?
Yep, highly annoying! Just like e-commerce sites that make you sign up for an account before they let you see how much postage charges are.

Piss poor design when thinking about user experience.

j_4m

1,280 posts

5 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
And your good self mentioning '22 grown men chasing a ball around a field'.hehe
...in tiny shorts

SpeckledJim

18,236 posts

194 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
MartG said:
droopsnoot said:
Web sites that check important stuff at the wrong end of the "transaction".
Often found on postal courier sites, where they let you fill in all the details before checking the destination, then "This service is not available for Scottish Highland destinations"
And couriers systems who know better than you (and your customer who actually lives there) what format an address or phone number should be. So you wrestle with it for four or five iterations, and then end up playing their game with dummy information and sneak the right details into a free text box somewhere else.

Nice work, IT lads, earned your money that day.

RizzoTheRat

17,847 posts

133 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
And your good self mentioning '22 grown men chasing a ball around a field'.hehe
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe


Cotty

33,488 posts

225 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
RizzoTheRat said:
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe
Never heard that before so looked it up. The full quote is

"“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag of wind in their underwear".

MartG

14,018 posts

145 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Cotty said:
RizzoTheRat said:
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe
Never heard that before so looked it up. The full quote is

"“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag of wind in their underwear".
rofl

Antony Moxey

4,534 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Cotty said:
RizzoTheRat said:
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe
Never heard that before so looked it up. The full quote is

"“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag of wind in their underwear".
Did he think that one up while wasting many weeks recovering in hospital after yet another high speed crash. Road racing: riding fast until you hit something hard and unmoving.

Bobberoo99

7,638 posts

39 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Antony Moxey said:
Cotty said:
RizzoTheRat said:
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe
Never heard that before so looked it up. The full quote is

"“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag of wind in their underwear".
Did he think that one up while wasting many weeks recovering in hospital after yet another high speed crash. Road racing: riding fast until you hit something hard and unmoving.
Nerve touched methinks!!

Antony Moxey

4,534 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Bobberoo99 said:
Antony Moxey said:
Cotty said:
RizzoTheRat said:
Was it Guy Martin who referred to it as 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind? hehe
Never heard that before so looked it up. The full quote is

"“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag of wind in their underwear".
Did he think that one up while wasting many weeks recovering in hospital after yet another high speed crash. Road racing: riding fast until you hit something hard and unmoving.
Nerve touched methinks!!
Haha, no. Yes I'm a football fan but also love the TT and love watching Guy Martin's shows. Don't mean to say he's never a tt though!

NoVetec

9,488 posts

114 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Thinking I had some fruit leftover to put in my porridge the other day but I didn't.

It annoyed me beyond raisin.

Etypephil

165 posts

19 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
NoVetec said:
Thinking I had some fruit leftover to put in my porridge the other day but I didn't.

It annoyed me beyond raisin.
biglaugh

SpeckledJim

18,236 posts

194 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Etypephil said:
NoVetec said:
Thinking I had some fruit leftover to put in my porridge the other day but I didn't.

It annoyed me beyond raisin.
biglaugh
A narrow escape.

Could have been pulled under by a strong currant.


Shakermaker

8,520 posts

41 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
AdBlock plus doesn't seem to be working properly on Chrome at the moment and everytime I load PH I have to then re-load the site to make the plug-in work

Happening on other sites too

captain_cynic

4,623 posts

36 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Shakermaker said:
AdBlock plus doesn't seem to be working properly on Chrome at the moment and everytime I load PH I have to then re-load the site to make the plug-in work

Happening on other sites too
Adblock sold out years ago, you need to switch to Ublock Origin.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-o...

Might want to get Privacy Badger whilst you're there.

Shakermaker

8,520 posts

41 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
captain_cynic said:
Shakermaker said:
AdBlock plus doesn't seem to be working properly on Chrome at the moment and everytime I load PH I have to then re-load the site to make the plug-in work

Happening on other sites too
Adblock sold out years ago, you need to switch to Ublock Origin.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-o...

Might want to get Privacy Badger whilst you're there.
Well that makes sense,

Cheers smile
"