Anyone into trainers/sneakers? (Vol. 2)

Anyone into trainers/sneakers? (Vol. 2)

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

joshcowin

4,543 posts

140 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
roystinho said:
Beefmeister said:
OMG so much want!!!!



March release apparently. Will be entering every damn draw available for these!!
100% on these

Also got the pink pig pair, but not got them yet, will post some pics when I do
The gulf dunks may even tempt me, think the wife would like them tbh!

Or

If anyone really wants them on here let me know your size and I will enter for you!

rodericb

3,001 posts

90 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Have we had this yet?


Nike’s VP Steps Down After It Is Discovered That Her Son Was Allegedly Using Bots, Her Credit Card And Her Company Discount To Buy Up Everything And Resell Them At A MASSIVE Profit:
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3351054/nikes-...

TinyMonster

171 posts

2 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
rodericb said:
Amazing. The last paragraph really sums it up for me: "He’s 19, he’ll be fine, I don't feel bad for him and neither should you. His mother spent the last 25 years grinding away, climbing the corporate ladder, just to get handed the position of a lifetime, only to have to be forced into quitting in under a year because your kid was too greedy and didn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He fumbled his bag, his mom's bag, and his meal ticket."

MrBig

1,461 posts

93 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Beefmeister said:
OMG so much want!!!!



March release apparently. Will be entering every damn draw available for these!!
Ok. I medically NEED these hehe Not had dunks before. How is the sizing? I'm usually somewhere between around 10.5/11.

Jordan210

2,846 posts

147 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
rodericb said:
Have we had this yet?


Nike’s VP Steps Down After It Is Discovered That Her Son Was Allegedly Using Bots, Her Credit Card And Her Company Discount To Buy Up Everything And Resell Them At A MASSIVE Profit:
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3351054/nikes-...
Nike has a massive problem and really need to sort it out. Take Marcus Jordan. MJ's son and owner of Trophy room. He basically back doored all the trophy room J1's to the highest bidders. Some even got notes from him taking them....

Im starting to fall out of love for trainers at the moment as becoming difficult to even pick up mids at retail.


RanchoGrande

1,063 posts

133 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Jordan210 said:
Nike has a massive problem and really need to sort it out. Take Marcus Jordan. MJ's son and owner of Trophy room. He basically back doored all the trophy room J1's to the highest bidders. Some even got notes from him taking them....

Im starting to fall out of love for trainers at the moment as becoming difficult to even pick up mids at retail.
I used to be so into trainers and really enjoyed hanging about the forums such as ISS and crooked tongues. Back then you could pretty much just buy whatever release you wanted, even after launch date. (OK, so some hyper strike releases were more difficult and involved a physical que, but these were few and far between) Now though, they are just for the preserve of the bot masters and the faux rich kids of insta and for me it's taken away the joy of being able to buy and, shock horror, wear the trainers I lusted after as a young kid.

Raffles, bots, stock X...are just there to fuel the fire. This kid who's mother lost her job at Nike highlights how ridiculous it all is.

TheJimi

19,507 posts

207 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Jordan210 said:
Im starting to fall out of love for trainers at the moment as becoming difficult to even pick up mids at retail.
I'm not. I've always been into trainers and some of my favourite pairs in my collection aren't rare or "hyped"



TinyMonster

171 posts

2 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
The key to happiness is to try not to get angry about not getting the pairs you want. It's mindless optimism, really.

I hope I get the uni blue J1s this week, even though I know thousands of them are going to end up through StockX.

Beefmeister

16,154 posts

194 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
I...... erm....... huh?!


Mafffew

2,047 posts

75 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Beefmeister said:
I...... erm....... huh?!

Is that a joke? If it isn't that is possibly one of the worst pair of sneakers I have ever seen.

joshcowin

4,543 posts

140 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Mafffew said:
Beefmeister said:
I...... erm....... huh?!

Is that a joke? If it isn't that is possibly one of the worst pair of sneakers I have ever seen.
Terrible, surely its a wind up!?

TheJimi

19,507 posts

207 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Mafffew said:
Beefmeister said:
I...... erm....... huh?!

Is that a joke? If it isn't that is possibly one of the worst pair of sneakers I have ever seen.
"possibly one of the worst pairs of sneakers I have ever seen"

What needs to happen to remove that ambiguity?!


DizzyN

390 posts

129 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
TinyMonster said:
The key to happiness is to try not to get angry about not getting the pairs you want. It's mindless optimism, really.

I hope I get the uni blue J1s this week, even though I know thousands of them are going to end up through StockX.
I’ve had some quite good success via offspring recently. Granted you have to be on Instagram and interact etc but considering since the back end of last year I’ve managed to get hold of fire red 4’s, taupe haze 4’s and recently had confirmation of the uni blue J1’s (I’d have preferred the turbo royals but not going to turn these down as knowing my luck, won’t win them!). Also managed to grab a restock of the Mocha 1’s, though someone must have been looking down on me for that as often their website is awful to cart. To be fair, however, there are some releases which I just don’t think I’ve built up enough purchase power/“community” interaction to win. Oh, I also avoid entering anything that needs creativity as I’m pants at that.

Compared to SNKRS, Footdistrict, SNS, End and Size, where I’ve never won anything.

Jordan210

2,846 posts

147 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
Size 7.

Thanks, you b*stard. Warm fuzzy feelings all round.

smile
I might be hated by the rest of the thread. But size 7 is in stock

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/air-jordan-1-mid...

TinyMonster

171 posts

2 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
DizzyN said:
I’ve had some quite good success via offspring recently. Granted you have to be on Instagram and interact etc but considering since the back end of last year I’ve managed to get hold of fire red 4’s, taupe haze 4’s and recently had confirmation of the uni blue J1’s (I’d have preferred the turbo royals but not going to turn these down as knowing my luck, won’t win them!). Also managed to grab a restock of the Mocha 1’s, though someone must have been looking down on me for that as often their website is awful to cart. To be fair, however, there are some releases which I just don’t think I’ve built up enough purchase power/“community” interaction to win. Oh, I also avoid entering anything that needs creativity as I’m pants at that.

Compared to SNKRS, Footdistrict, SNS, End and Size, where I’ve never won anything.
I like how Offspring do it and how they make a real effort to get pairs into real peoples' hands but (outside of lockdown) I just can't enter because it's not that easy (or cheap) for me to get to London just to pick up a pair of shoes.

TheJimi

19,507 posts

207 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Jordan210 said:
TheJimi said:
Size 7.

Thanks, you b*stard. Warm fuzzy feelings all round.

smile
I might be hated by the rest of the thread. But size 7 is in stock

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/air-jordan-1-mid...
Just added size 7 to my basket but couldn't complete - noted as being out of stock.

Thanks tho smile

Jordan210

2,846 posts

147 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
Just added size 7 to my basket but couldn't complete - noted as being out of stock.

Thanks tho smile
The conspiracy lives on !

TheJimi

19,507 posts

207 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Jordan210 said:
TheJimi said:
Just added size 7 to my basket but couldn't complete - noted as being out of stock.

Thanks tho smile
The conspiracy lives on !
Bloody does as well!

Meeten-5dulx

1,553 posts

20 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
Jordan210 said:
TheJimi said:
Size 7.

Thanks, you b*stard. Warm fuzzy feelings all round.

smile
I might be hated by the rest of the thread. But size 7 is in stock

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/air-jordan-1-mid...
Just added size 7 to my basket but couldn't complete - noted as being out of stock.

Thanks tho smile
no 7s in stock, but 7.5 are available to ge to basket.....

TheOversteerLever

1,269 posts

177 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Some nice pairs on here! I've got a bit of a thing for three stripes - I've lost count how many pairs I've got.

These have arrived in the last couple of weeks or so...

Vintage Gazelle

Wasn't too sure on the fuzzy finish at first but they've grown on me.

Jeans (Cordura fabric)


Madrid


Camper Formiga

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED