Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 6)

Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 6)

Author
Discussion

nonsequitur

10,735 posts

64 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Big Easy said:
The cash machine at my local shop has various options including cash, cash & balance, cash & receipt. When I select cash it then asks if I want to check my balance, if I did I'd have chosen the cash & balance option. Once that question is dismissed I'm then asked if I want a receipt with my cash. Why bother with the first menu if it's going to ask me these questions anyway!?



Even after using this machine fairly regularly for the last four years I still find myself getting annoyed beyond reason.
Easy Big Easy. It's only a cash machine. And you get money, lovely money at the end.

droopsnoot

7,146 posts

190 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Ebay sellers have annoyed me again today. Looking for a cheap rechargeable work light, so I do a search on that, and it finds me loads of results. I just want a cheap one, I'm not in a rush, so I sort the results by price low to high. So far, so good, the search and sort works far better than the Amazon "specify your search and sort options and I might bear them in mind when I send you the results" search.

But, the sellers list four different options - three lights at £8.99 each, and a USB cable at prices between 99p and £1.19, so the sort by price doesn't work because it uses the lowest price option. So it's virtually impossible to figure out which is the actual lowest price light. I can't even go on the higher end of the price range, because some of the sellers do a multi-pack but don't use the eBay quantity discount method of pricing it.

It's annoyed me so much that I haven't bought one, even though it would be quite helpful to have another to use while the one I've already got is charging up.

Clockwork Cupcake

62,146 posts

220 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
But, the sellers list four different options - three lights at £8.99 each, and a USB cable at prices between 99p and £1.19, so the sort by price doesn't work because it uses the lowest price option. So it's virtually impossible to figure out which is the actual lowest price light. I can't even go on the higher end of the price range, because some of the sellers do a multi-pack but don't use the eBay quantity discount method of pricing it.
Yes, I hate this scam. It's rampant on both eBay and Amazon Marketplace.

Some sellers even manage to arrange it so that the headline price is "between X and Y" but it is impossible to select an option where the price is X. I don't know how they do that - maybe a hidden value or something.

But, yes, I totally agree it is very annoying.

Grahamdub

3,127 posts

91 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
Yes, I hate this scam. It's rampant on both eBay and Amazon Marketplace.

Some sellers even manage to arrange it so that the headline price is "between X and Y" but it is impossible to select an option where the price is X. I don't know how they do that - maybe a hidden value or something.

But, yes, I totally agree it is very annoying.
I was buying some dog walking boots this morning and found the same thing. Size 2 in dayglo pink would probably equal price X, my size in sensible brown was Y laugh

The Mad Monk

5,974 posts

65 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Grahamdub said:
I was buying some dog walking boots this morning and found the same thing. Size 2 in dayglo pink would probably equal price X, my size in sensible brown was Y laugh
Your foot size is irrelevant if you are looking for walking boots for your dog.

fatboy18

16,754 posts

159 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Grahamdub said:
I was buying some dog walking boots this morning and found the same thing. Size 2 in dayglo pink would probably equal price X, my size in sensible brown was Y laugh
Got some for my Woffer from Bass Pro Shop in the USA
https://ultrapaws.com/products/ultra-paws-rugged-d...

These actually stay on his feet, even when running thumbup
Where I walk the dog there is a lot of chalk and flint stones, he used to often cut his paws on the sharp stones but with the boots, no more problems.

talksthetorque

6,691 posts

83 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Big Pants said:
I have a feeling that there's money to be made through inter-bank charging if a balance is selected. It doesn't make it right, but I'm pretty sure that's why the UX is the way it is.
Correct - They get money for showing a balance check, printing a balance, etc.

It's worth remembering they are asking someone - who is not paying for the service -t create revenue for them more than once.
Definitely worth asking more than once.
Best to ask more than once.

Grahamdub

3,127 posts

91 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
The Mad Monk said:
Grahamdub said:
I was buying some dog walking boots this morning and found the same thing. Size 2 in dayglo pink would probably equal price X, my size in sensible brown was Y laugh
Your foot size is irrelevant if you are looking for walking boots for your dog.
I knew someone would say that laugh
We do actually have some boots for our Westie as well.

FourWheelDrift

78,617 posts

232 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
Grahamdub said:
The Mad Monk said:
Grahamdub said:
I was buying some dog walking boots this morning and found the same thing. Size 2 in dayglo pink would probably equal price X, my size in sensible brown was Y laugh
Your foot size is irrelevant if you are looking for walking boots for your dog.
I knew someone would say that laugh
We do actually have some boots for our Westie as well.
Anti-gravity boots?


George Smiley

3,228 posts

29 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
BMW for making the up arrow go down tracks/stations and down goes up/next.

They used to have them the other way, this reminds me why modern ux designers are tts.

On a govt service, there was something that really needed a (ps off cotty style) confirm button before you committed the data.

We had it there as some controls were missing in background which meant once you sent, it would start a process.

Along comes the long haired never fked anything vegan never washed ponce from UX who insisted, without actually polling the users or checking with security, the button be removed.

tt. Their jo swinson skweam and skweam and skweam approach led to inaccurate checks being submitted at a significant cost per transaction. But because they (yes cc I'm sensitive to his asexuallity) was the ux person they got their way

DoubleD

9,744 posts

56 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
davhill said:
DoubleD said:
Yeah thats annoying
It's as bad as omitting the apostrophe
in that's.
Yeah thats really bad

ChevyChase77

969 posts

6 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Street talk innit blud.

I've noticed this creeping in on adverts on the tellybox. Adverts for football (The City v Chelsea one this week where the chap mentions Guardiola v Lampard) and I also noticed it on a Brexit advert.

Clockwork Cupcake

62,146 posts

220 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
People who sign off an email with "KR" instead of "Kind Regards".

Just FO.

V8mate

42,987 posts

137 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
People who sign off an email with "KR" instead of "Kind Regards".

Just FO.
yes

I once had a boss who used 'bregards'.

Though he was pretty universally a tosser.

Shakermaker

10,123 posts

48 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
V8mate said:
Clockwork Cupcake said:
People who sign off an email with "KR" instead of "Kind Regards".

Just FO.
yes

I once had a boss who used 'bregards'.

Though he was pretty universally a tosser.
Hello,

I sign everything Brgds or Krgds.

I am that tosser

V8mate

42,987 posts

137 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Shakermaker said:
Hello,

I sign everything Brgds or Krgds.

I am that tosser
If the cap fits...

Big-Bo-Beep

76 posts

2 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Shakermaker said:
I am that tosser
we salute all tossers who embrace their tosserness.

ChevyChase77

969 posts

6 months

Saturday 23rd November
quotequote all
People who publicly thank people for a night out by giving some gushy speech followed by tagging the people in the post.

Couldn't you have just DM/PM'd them?

MartG

15,043 posts

152 months

Saturday 23rd November
quotequote all
Citizens of the USA who assume everyone in the world celebrates Thanksgiving


V8mate

42,987 posts

137 months

Saturday 23rd November
quotequote all
ChevyChase77 said:
People who publicly thank people for a night out by giving some gushy speech followed by tagging the people in the post.

Couldn't you have just DM/PM'd them?
But then how would those with living the FOMO life receive confirmation that they weren't invited, or declined to go out and did indeed miss out on a great evening? hehe