How long till the Β£20k Evora?

How long till the Β£20k Evora?

Author
Discussion

fastraxx

7,808 posts

59 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
Oh wow... The Liquid Blue metallic car which was advertised at 27500 private sale last week is back up from a "dealer" as a £33,000 sale... mad

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...
dreamer.

rhdv8

85 posts

161 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
fastraxx said:
dreamer.
You could almost understand if it was just a trade in without it being advertised before hand but when it has been............. How likely is it that someone looking for an Evora didn’t see it at £27500?
Good luck with that then.

BertBert

13,921 posts

167 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
rhdv8 said:
You could almost understand if it was just a trade in without it being advertised before hand but when it has been............. How likely is it that someone looking for an Evora didn’t see it at £27500?
Good luck with that then.
I actually think it's pretty likely, especially as time goes by.
Bert

Ryvita

571 posts

166 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
BertBert said:
I actually think it's pretty likely, especially as time goes by.
Bert
And that's why I watch this so closely and share my findings. This is the second recent example of multi-thousand pound profit "flipping" of Evoras which is distorting the price ecosystem significantly when there are so few cars available. Potential buyers have a right to know these unscrupulous sellers are out there.

doogle83

355 posts

103 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
BertBert said:
I actually think it's pretty likely, especially as time goes by.
Bert
And that's why I watch this so closely and share my findings. This is the second recent example of multi-thousand pound profit "flipping" of Evoras which is distorting the price ecosystem significantly when there are so few cars available. Potential buyers have a right to know these unscrupulous sellers are out there.
...and as a long time lurker in this thread I am very greatful to everyone for pointing these out! smile

BertBert

13,921 posts

167 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
And that's why I watch this so closely and share my findings. This is the second recent example of multi-thousand pound profit "flipping" of Evoras which is distorting the price ecosystem significantly when there are so few cars available. Potential buyers have a right to know these unscrupulous sellers are out there.
Yes, it's very useful!

rhdv8

85 posts

161 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Maybe they found a supercharger in the back

hyphen

15,869 posts

46 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
BertBert said:
I actually think it's pretty likely, especially as time goes by.
Bert
And that's why I watch this so closely and share my findings. This is the second recent example of multi-thousand pound profit "flipping" of Evoras which is distorting the price ecosystem significantly when there are so few cars available. Potential buyers have a right to know these unscrupulous sellers are out there.
What did this guy do wrong? He has bought the car and put it up for sale again. As he thinks it was mispriced and he can get more for it.

Whats wrong with that? It's a trader trading.

Edited by hyphen on Wednesday 1st July 16:48

Ryvita

571 posts

166 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
hyphen said:
What did this guy do wrong? He has bought the car and put it up for sale again. As he thinks it was mispriced and he can get more for it.

Whats wrong with that? It's a trader trading.

Edited by hyphen on Wednesday 1st July 16:48
Ok, you're right "unscrupulous" was perhaps a loaded term. Given that I'm trying to be all about data and facts, I will try and leave commentary to others.

The vehicle was advertised for sale until 27/6/20 at £27,500, and in fact the ad on lotusforsale.com is still up at that price today. (https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/stunning-liquid-blue-evora/)
The vehicle has gone on resale on PH at £33,000, an increase of exactly 20%, £5,500.
The new vendor notes that the car will be serviced prior to sale... perhaps this is the cost differentiator if they're doing the clutch?

rhdv8

85 posts

161 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
hyphen said:
What did this guy do wrong? He has bought the car and put it up for sale again. As he thinks it was mispriced and he can get more for it.

Whats wrong with that? It's a trader trading.

Edited by hyphen on Wednesday 1st July 16:48
In my opinion nothing wrong in it at all as long as it hasn’t been misrepresented. Any car is worth what ever the new buyer pays for it.

SFTWend

159 posts

31 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
I prefer to buy privately but I'm not clear what the trader has done wrong in this instance.

The owner had a go at selling privately for what appeared a fair asking price and failed. I suggest most buyers at this price point would rather purchase from a dealer and have the comfort of a warranty and the benefit of px and finance facilities.

It's not unusual to sell direct to the trade; one assumes the owner got a price they are happy with and the trader has to make a profit. Yes the asking price is bullish, in "S" territory, but once the trader has knocked off some discount, provided a warranty, prep'd the car and deducted overheads they might not be making a massive profit on the car.

It could be that the owner has given the trader the car on a SOR basis.

rhdv8

85 posts

161 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
Think he just traded it in against a new car.

Ryvita

571 posts

166 months

Wednesday 1st July
quotequote all
OK, having checked further Central Lotus are actually a real Lotus Dealership, so this vehicle is presumably being sold with a manufacturer warranty (which would cover clutch - with caveats). This now makes more sense.

https://www.lotuscars.com/dealer/central-lotus-not...

It's still strong money, but it's probably one of the only main dealer 2010/11 NAs likely to be sold this year. I was talking to Bell & Colvill just this week and they no longer sell the early Evoras because there's no margin left in them after prep and warranty.




Toaster

2,810 posts

149 months

Saturday 4th July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
OK, having checked further Central Lotus are actually a real Lotus Dealership, so this vehicle is presumably being sold with a manufacturer warranty (which would cover clutch - with caveats). This now makes more sense.

https://www.lotuscars.com/dealer/central-lotus-not...

It's still strong money, but it's probably one of the only main dealer 2010/11 NAs likely to be sold this year. I was talking to Bell & Colvill just this week and they no longer sell the early Evoras because there's no margin left in them after prep and warranty.
Guess that's why Bell and Colvill like any dealer have a choice of what they sell

Sellers can get good prices for their car they are very desirable, the 2010 one being sold by central lotus is a great looking car and well looked after, it maybe disappointing for those who only have £20K to spend on Evora but unless an Evora is high milage, not maintained properly or damaged why should an owner or dealer just give the car away?

vanman1936

368 posts

175 months

Sunday 5th July
quotequote all
I am interested in an Evora S.....how easy are they to shift on selling privately?

Ryvita

571 posts

166 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
Update

- Red car from Doncaster which had been on for over 130 days has finally gone. It was low mileage (11,400) but at £29,950 was highly priced for a private sale.
- We get to have the argument about best blues again, because a newly advertised car has arrived on Autotrader with "near floorless Persian Blue paint" (sic)

vanman1936 said:
I am interested in an Evora S.....how easy are they to shift on selling privately?
I have only been tracking the cheaper NA cars, but so far (6 months data) I'm seeing an average sale duration of 42 days. However, for that average, there looks to be a split between quick selling cars which go in under 30 days, and others which stay longer than 70. Price it right and very quick sales are possible.



Edited by Ryvita on Monday 6th July 09:23

Rick101

6,007 posts

106 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
OK, having checked further Central Lotus are actually a real Lotus Dealership, so this vehicle is presumably being sold with a manufacturer warranty (which would cover clutch - with caveats). This now makes more sense.
I've been looking for a used Exige. As I understand it, buying from an Authorised Dealer gets you all of a statutory 3 month warranty, same as if you bought a £500 snotter from the local portacabin & gravel showroom.

Realistically, I don't think a trader/dealer sticking 5K on the price of a sports car is unusual.

plenty

2,943 posts

142 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
vanman1936 said:
I am interested in an Evora S.....how easy are they to shift on selling privately?
I sold mine privately in February within a month of putting on the market. Its difficult to compare against other cars as mine had just had a brand new clutch and rebuilt gearbox, plus was modified by Komo-tec. Conventional wisdom suggests modified cars are harder to sell, but I bought mine on the strength of its mods and sold to someone who was also keen on the mods.

Ryvita

571 posts

166 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
Rick101 said:
I've been looking for a used Exige. As I understand it, buying from an Authorised Dealer gets you all of a statutory 3 month warranty, same as if you bought a £500 snotter from the local portacabin & gravel showroom.

Realistically, I don't think a trader/dealer sticking 5K on the price of a sports car is unusual.
Bell & Colvill warranty is (I'm 99% sure) 12 months but perhaps it varies dealer to dealer? My Exige was a second hand purchase from them and it had a year.

I believe (less sure on this) they can also offer warranties on second hand cars not purchased from them, subject to an acceptable inspection and maintenance of servicing with them.

blueg33

24,018 posts

180 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
Ryvita said:
Rick101 said:
I've been looking for a used Exige. As I understand it, buying from an Authorised Dealer gets you all of a statutory 3 month warranty, same as if you bought a £500 snotter from the local portacabin & gravel showroom.

Realistically, I don't think a trader/dealer sticking 5K on the price of a sports car is unusual.
Bell & Colvill warranty is (I'm 99% sure) 12 months but perhaps it varies dealer to dealer? My Exige was a second hand purchase from them and it had a year.

I believe (less sure on this) they can also offer warranties on second hand cars not purchased from them, subject to an acceptable inspection and maintenance of servicing with them.
Silverstone give 12 months too