The Official Liverpool FC Thread [Vol 15]

The Official Liverpool FC Thread [Vol 15]

Author
Discussion

ferrisbueller

21,969 posts

163 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
SydneyBridge said:
Cbull said:
Missed them last 5 mins. Good result nevertheless. Not sure who the stand out player is, I'll go for Milner as MOTM.
Agree, Milner playing every game has a big plus
He's a machine.

type-r

6,519 posts

149 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
Flip Martian said:
Assumed he meant we should have got 4 or 5?
Not sure. He is a Spurs fan after all! wink

Pommy

9,277 posts

152 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
Chris Stott said:
Pommy said:
5 out of 5. Have we ever done that before?
91-92.
Cheers, that's crazy.

How about 6 out of 6 and 7 out of 7?!

BossHogg

3,488 posts

114 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
How about whole season unbeaten? wink

Cbull

3,968 posts

107 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
SydneyBridge said:
Cbull said:
Missed them last 5 mins. Good result nevertheless. Not sure who the stand out player is, I'll go for Milner as MOTM.
Agree, Milner playing every game has a big plus
He's a machine.
The Milinator laugh

getmecoat
Advertisement

Chris Stott

5,694 posts

133 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
Pommy said:
Cheers, that's crazy.

How about 6 out of 6 and 7 out of 7?!
Dunno... I saw 91-92 on BBC web site. Need to beat Saints next weekend to make it 6... but a small matter of PSG to play before then.

johnnywgk

2,294 posts

118 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
Cheers for the links guys, wish I hadn't bothered, couldn't get them to work even though I tried for an hour (not very internet minded) and Spurs lost. Well done

NRS

12,913 posts

137 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
BossHogg said:
How about whole season unbeaten? wink
That's been done before. How about a whole season winning every match?

type-r

6,519 posts

149 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
We deserved to win today but we need to temper the excitement a bit. Spurs were not their usual selves - badly missed Lloris and Kane still looks jaded. Dier had a bad game and possibly missed Alli's presence. It certainly wasn't the same Spurs that played well last season. Taking nothing away from our deserved win but our front 3 definitely need to step up in terms of the final ball and finishing. Defensively looks so calm though; night and day better than the old mess.

wjb

2,306 posts

67 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
type-r said:
We deserved to win today but we need to temper the excitement a bit. Spurs were not their usual selves - badly missed Lloris and Kane still looks jaded. Dier had a bad game and possibly missed Alli's presence. It certainly wasn't the same Spurs that played well last season.
That's there problem not ours. wink

Nice easy win to be fair, I'm sure our finishing will improve.



epom

5,947 posts

97 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
Milner. What a pro. Approx minute 83 he loses the ball, what he the effort he makes to get back in line.
Great result I'd have happily taken 2-1. Should have had a hatful more, but I genuinely think that some of the chances were so easy we got caught playing around a little and not punishing like we normally would.

m3sye

19,978 posts

137 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
type-r said:
We deserved to win today but we need to temper the excitement a bit. Spurs were not their usual selves - badly missed Lloris and Kane still looks jaded. Dier had a bad game and possibly missed Alli's presence. It certainly wasn't the same Spurs that played well last season. Taking nothing away from our deserved win but our front 3 definitely need to step up in terms of the final ball and finishing. Defensively looks so calm though; night and day better than the old mess.
If you can't get excited 5 out 5 when can you
We were a level above what I my eyes is a very good team today

Enjoy and let's hope we can carry it on

gadgetmac

3,694 posts

44 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
It could have been 2-2 if the ref had gone to specsavers. hehe

desolate

15,198 posts

164 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
gadgetmac said:
It could have been 2-2 if the ref had gone to specsavers. hehe
When was the pen that wasn't?

gadgetmac

3,694 posts

44 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
desolate said:
gadgetmac said:
It could have been 2-2 if the ref had gone to specsavers. hehe
When was the pen that wasn't?
The Son incident. Stone wall pen. VAR will sort those out next season, hopefully.

type-r

6,519 posts

149 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
m3sye said:
If you can't get excited 5 out 5 when can you
We were a level above what I my eyes is a very good team today

Enjoy and let's hope we can carry it on
Ooh I am super excited for 5 out of 5. Just putting a bit of perspective on our overall performance. On another day against a full strength Spurs we may have been punished for not putting them to bed earlier. Definitely room for improvement in terms of finishing for us - but winning when not fully firing is surely the sign of a very good team smile.

NRS

12,913 posts

137 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
gadgetmac said:
desolate said:
gadgetmac said:
It could have been 2-2 if the ref had gone to specsavers. hehe
When was the pen that wasn't?
The Son incident. Stone wall pen. VAR will sort those out next season, hopefully.
Absolute rubbish. Would have been an even bigger robbery than last season's 2-2 heist!

gadgetmac

3,694 posts

44 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
NRS said:
gadgetmac said:
desolate said:
gadgetmac said:
It could have been 2-2 if the ref had gone to specsavers. hehe
When was the pen that wasn't?
The Son incident. Stone wall pen. VAR will sort those out next season, hopefully.
Absolute rubbish. Would have been an even bigger robbery than last season's 2-2 heist!
It was a penalty, everyone in the studio saw it and it was clear on the screen.

That it would have been a robbery is irrelevent. Many teams get a draw who don’t deserve to.

uk66fastback

13,649 posts

207 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
epom said:
Milner. What a pro. Approx minute 83 he loses the ball, what he the effort he makes to get back in line.
Great result I'd have happily taken 2-1. Should have had a hatful more, but I genuinely think that some of the chances were so easy we got caught playing around a little and not punishing like we normally would.
Think he even gave one of the forwards - not sure who it was - a rollocking for not pressing (this was in the last five mins) ... true pro.

RWD cossie wil

3,958 posts

109 months

Saturday 15th September
quotequote all
I actually thought we were not really that good, both goals had a touch of fortune about them, plus we didn’t put away any clear cut chances.... 2 of the front 3 are looking a bit greedy, few times Mane & Salah should have passed instead of shooting from a poor position, plus we had spells of giving the ball away far too easily. Allison kicked the ball straight out 3/4 times from a goal kick as well..

Spurs were worse than us fortunately, not seen them that poor for a long time. We deserved to win, but on another day that’s a draw or loss, still don’t think we have clicked into gear yet.

Still, 5/5 can’t moan too much, but still a lot of improvement to be had I think?